No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway, my point is that there were a lot of non-calls or missed calls throughout the game. I thought they generally favored the orange but my eyes were more keyed on where Michigan got screwed. It's possible that is was 50/50.

Comment

• Both
      Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Syracuse got the bad calls at critical times. They got fucked.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Ha! Sure.

Comment

• Congrats U of M. I didn't think the Wolverines had much of a chance when they were a bunch of chuckers from the outside, McGary's play has given them a whole new dimension. Hope they can finish it off on Monday night.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Syracuse got the bad calls at critical times. They got fucked.
              They deserved it.

Comment

Syracuse got the bad calls at critical times. They got fucked.
                Who cares?...:-D
                "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• I got the first half of my birthday present yesterday. Tomorrow I get the second. :-)
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

I think if I was a Syracuse fan, I would be pissed.

I though it was a charge at first. In slo mo I think it probably was a block.

The call that the guy with the hyphen in his name fouled out on was terrible though.
                    The charge was a bang bang play, could have gone either way. The play Carter-Williams fouled out on was a clear foul, you can't shoulder block a guy on a handoff. But THJr did get away with a charge earlier, that was a pretty bad call.

But as the good Dr points out, who cares? SU was being allowed to mug UM players for a good chunk of the second half and UM managed to put up the W.

Comment

Syracuse got the short end of the stick when it came to calls at the end of the game. Some pretty questionable shit...
                      are you talking specifically about that dumb charging call against Triche ..... that call ended the game.
                      Forever One!

Comment

• Michigan deserved to win the game .... I've no doubt.

My soap box is going to continue to be about the charge/block calls. Bang bang plays should simply be no calls more often then not. If there is no competitive advantage then simply swallow the whistle. Contact does NOT necessarily mean an infraction occurred.

If an offensive player is out of control and runs somebody over on his way to the basket .... charging foul.

But a guy who is driving to the hoop in the process of jumping (as Triche was) shouldn't be penalized when a guy at the last possible millisecond gets in front of him.

If those calls start getting called differently (ie mostly no calls) then I think you'd see a better product and end all the flopping (ie Wisconsin).

That game last night hinged on that call ... I still think UM wins, but that call ended the game on a call that simply shouldn't have happened.
                        Forever One!

Comment

• Better explanation Mass. I agree with you btw. Not going to feel poorly however. There are bad calls in every game including crunch time. If the situation were reversed we'd be hearing..............don't use penalties/fouls as an excuse. Play better and win the game. Stop blaming the refs. Sound familiar?

"Syracuse got the bad calls at critical times. They got fucked."
                          -----------------------Hypocritical wouldn't you say? I've read here numerous times you espousing not to blame the refs and play better and "win" the game? NO?
                          Last edited by DanO; April 7, 2013, 11:49 AM.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• If in doubt call it a charge. That will give you a better product. That cannot be a no call. A player got run over. It's a foul on somebody.

You want a better product? Start calling the reach in a foul again. Stop letting the defens clutch grab and push especially between they've free throw line and half court
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

If in doubt call it a charge. That will give you a better product. That cannot be a no call. A player got run over. It's a foul on somebody.

You want a better product? Start calling the reach in a foul again. Stop letting the defens clutch grab and push especially between they've free throw line and half court
                              You are in the minority on this one.
                              The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

I

If this were the case, Burke would've shot a LOT of FT's last night and Aaron Craft would foul out of every game within the first 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X