U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
    WTF does the game start so late? That's so stupid. There's no way in heck I'll be able to stay for the entire game. I hard time with last night's game being so late. I'm exhausted right now.
    So that all the lazy asses who sleep past 7am can watch the game too.

Or maybe because they want people that live in the mountain and pacific time zones to be able to get home from work and watch the game.

However I agree with you. It is pretty arrogant of the NCAA not to take your sleep schedule into account.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• MI sure does seem to breed a bunch of NCAA bandwagoners.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Says the Florida State fan who has never been to florida...
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          OH YEAH BABY!!!! What a gut wrenching last 5 mins!

!!!!!!!!
          Ya it was. I thought for sure they were going to blow it!

Originally posted by Drew View Post
          I prefer my best players on 'the floor' to be able to hit a free throw. Dude's gotta work on those or he'll be consistently coming off 'the floor' at crunch time.
          Same could be said about Hardaway and Burke. They both blew several FT's in the second.

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          They held on to win, but fuck. Make a goddam free throw.
          Yup!

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          I think if I was a Syracuse fan, I would be pissed.

I though it was a charge at first. In slo mo I think it probably was a block.

The call that the guy with the hyphen in his name fouled out on was terrible though.
          I thought both calls late were questionable but I was ready to take them anyway.

Originally posted by Kstat View Post
          They deserved it.
          Yup. Too much face banging, and you know it wasn't accidental. I am surprised McGary didn't get his nose ripped off.

Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
          WTF does the game start so late? That's so stupid. There's no way in heck I'll be able to stay for the entire game. I hard time with last night's game being so late. I'm exhausted right now.
          They wanted to make sure everyone from East coast to West had their lawnmowers gassed and ready to go for half time.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
            I've always hated that shit. Do the prime-time sports schedulers want people that can't turn the game on til they get home from work, or do they want those that have to turn it off early so they can get to work the next morning?

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            My college doesn't have a football team anymore.

And since I didn't attend any other college locally, I don't have any tie to them. Being a regional thing is FN retarded bcz recruits come from all over the world to attend L.A. college programs. it aint regional. I was a FA college FB fan that chose FSU. My situation has reason.

People that root like nut bags for a college team that is not their alma mater that has an actual team (of any sport in question, in this case its bskbl) makes ZERO sense.
            You're off base here, Gonz. You get to like who you wanna like. If you like a single player, such as Barry Sanders, for example, you can root for the team for which he plays. There are no rules. I worked with a guy that had previously played football for MSU but was a bonafide UM fan when I knew him.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Are there laws regarding fandom? How are they enforced? At what age does someone need to make their final choice(s)?
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Exactly. It's the stupidest comment ever. I grew up going to Michigan games. When I graduated high school, I ended up going to Central. Am I just supposed to stop being a Michigan fan that I grew up as?? It's an ignorant argument, at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                  Are there laws regarding fandom? How are they enforced? At what age does someone need to make their final choice(s)?
                  Loops has revoked my Lions card a couple times. I've got a line a pretty solid fake ID though.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    MI sure does seem to breed a bunch of NCAA bandwagoners.
                    TROLL alert
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                      TROLL alert
                      What's funny is he lives near LA, home of the USC bangwagoners.

Comment

• It is hard to figure out how on a forum where most people have ties to the state of Michigan that there are Michigan fans.

I'm a MSU fan first, but I always want Michigan to win if they aren't playing MSU. It's a state pride thing I suppose.
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Turn in your official MSU fan badge now

(I'm being sarcastic)
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• LET'S DO THIS!!!
                            GO BLUE!!!!!
                            [ame]http://youtu.be/Oww_gtVVqkQ[/ame]

"I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• GO BLUE!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                                I

I'm a MSU fan first, but I always want Michigan to win if they aren't playing MSU. It's a state pride thing I suppose.
                                That's my point.

I don't know any MI college roster but with out of state and international recruiting at an all time high, there isnt much of a state pride thing going on for many of the top competing schools anymore.

I can fully understand fans of in state schools when it's their alma mater or maybe an immediate family members alma mater bcz they never went to college but the state pride thing doesn't work anymore. In L.A., it hasn't been like that for decades. That's why you only hear me rooting for one off local kids from my area that go to one of these big time NCAA teams in L.A.
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X