U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 Tigers
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It's too early to go there prolly for UofM fans but I'll go ahead and say it first. It was a damn fine season, a special one, and one for the history books. Awesome run.. Kansas game was unreal.

B___ gets a final 4 and championship game under his belt (but he needs to work on his half time speeches... good lord... ).
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Could be worse, you could live in Los Angeles. They can't even support and NFL team well enough to keep it...
        Yea if they was the case I would choose from the 3 other NFL teams California has lol (San Fran, Oakland, or SD).
        Lakers have recently won 2 titles and USC football might comeback, "won" a title.

If you are a non Ohio State fan that lives in Ohio and support all the Ohio pro teams, I think that is the worst hahah
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

68 Tigers
          Yep.

I wasn't born yet that but that team meant more to the state and city than any other.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
            It's too early to go there prolly for UofM fans but I'll go ahead and say it first. It was a damn fine season, a special one, and one for the history books. Awesome run.. Kansas game was unreal.

B___ gets a final 4 and championship game under his belt (but he needs to work on his half time speeches... good lord... ).
            not too early...I already posted something similar on my FB...was a great run for Blue.
            "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
              I'm guessing that's because LA and California Suck....
              Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
              I don't really care where the kids come from. I root for the jersey they wear.

Besides, just because you view things one way doesn't mean that everyone else should hold the same myopic view.
              Awesome thoughts.

I'll hitch my fandom to the all the winning jerseys in CA so I can feel good about life because some FN college I never attended is in my vicinity and is a winner baby. A winner! I follow a winner!

LBS, UCLA, USC and CSUF amongst others up and down this large state would make for awesome feelings of euphoria from following the jerseys from this state as they win some sport all the time.

Genius!

I think I'll adopt that logic......not.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Go away
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• HA!
                  "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Instead of following the local team as you grew up in the 80s-90s you picked FSU. And others are front runners?
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Another big call was on the rebound that Levert had when he came down out of bounds. A Louisville player crash the boards and came down directly on Burke's back. That forced Levert out. It had to be a foul, but wasn't called.

They need to get this physical shit back under control, it is ruining the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg H View Post
                        A big BS call, imho, was the fourth foul that Hancock committed at the nine minute mark that the refs gave to another Louisville player. Instead of siting on the bench, he made big shots and got the fourth fall on McGary.
                        Exactly. As well as the 2nd foul on Burke in the first (then the ridiculous decision to sit him for the rest of the half).

Inexcusable.

Oh well; hell of a game and a hell of a run for the youngest team in the tournament.
                        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Had to sit him. He picks up his 3rd in the last minute of the half and this team was double fucked.

Beilein's mistake was rolling with Spike too long in the 2nd. I would have liked to see more Stauskas or Levert.

Comment

Another big call was on the rebound that Levert had when he came down out of bounds. A Louisville player crash the boards and came down directly on Burke's back. That forced Levert out. It had to be a foul, but wasn't called.

They need to get this physical shit back under control, it is ruining the game.
                            You mean you can't just push a guy out of bounds??
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• You have to give Louisville credit, but that doesn't mean the refs should be let of the hook. Bad calls went against both teams, but the way the game was officiated as a whole favored the Cardinals, a team that loves to get up in your grill (putting it lightly). The non-over the back call was especially disheartening because it was setting up for another Kansas finish with Louisville only being in the bonus.

Where was Stauskas? First, in the Syracuse game, he wasn't in the game in the end for FT shooting (I know he had migraines, but still). This game, he only gets two shots all game. His outside shooting could've helped once Spike's run ended.

Beilien's game management was poor, especially at the end, which is a shame, because he coached so well in the tournament up until that point.

Michigan's suspect defense came back to haunt them tonight. Siva cut through UM's D like a hot knife through butter. Didn't force him to become a jump shooter. Allowing Hancock to set the house on fire from 3 was one of the biggest things that killed Michigan. They needed much more than a one-point lead at halftime.

One more thing: Michigan really needs to work on free throw shooting in the offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                                My fandom was developed when I was a kid. In the days before the Internet, the only way to follow a team was tv or newspapers. In western MI, that meant you got coverage on either U of M or MSU. My family was all about Blue, so that was that. It didn't hurt that I was a band geek, and the Michigan marching band was long considered the best in the country.
                                Sweet!

I was lucky enough to be on the field along with the Michigan Band in my Sophomore, Junior and Senior years of High School. Our band director was a Mich Grad and he had ties in the program.

I wanted to become a Michigan Marching Band member but my admittance was denied due to a heavy push to Affirmative Action.

I later went to U of M Dearborn, but did not get into the music program.

3 of my HS bandsmen, two that graduated 2 years before me and 1 that graduated the year before me were successful in getting there, though.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X