No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From espn.com recruiting analyst Tom VanHaaren (@tomvh) on Twitter: “Hand told me Michigan's sports marketing professor, ‘blew me, my coach and my dad away. My dad wanted to sign back up for school.’”

Sounds like someone got blown
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
      This is a new era of Michigan football where they contend only with Alabama,LSU,Ohio St, and USC . Those are your top 5 programs for the next decade gang. Maybe throw Florida in the mix.
      I'll believe that when they start contending with those teams on the field rather than on paper, thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        I'll believe that when they start contending with those teams on the field rather than on paper, thank you.
        That is an exciting viewpoint to take.
        The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• 2 years from now, I think Michigan will be elite, no doubt. You gotta let those top 5 classes develop into juniors and seniors.

Right now, Michigan is stuck with Rich Rod's last class (seniors)
          and Brady Hoke's 1st class as he transitioned into coach (juniors)
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• RR's guys are Seniors and RS Juniors. I don't think there a lot of them left, though. Also, the next class is 60/40 RR & Hoke.

2014 is really only Hoke's 3rd class.
            Last edited by *JD*; June 15, 2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
              Nations #1 recruit, Da-Shawn Hand has Michigan in his top 2, many pundits feel Michigan is the team to beat. The team to beat, going head to head with Alabama.....for the nations #1 overall player.....Right after they snagged a commitment from the nations #2 overall player Jabril Peppers..... FYI, no team has EVER snagged the top 2 players in any one class.

This is a new era of Michigan football where they contend only with Alabama,LSU,Ohio St, and USC . Those are your top 5 programs for the next decade gang. Maybe throw Florida in the mix.
              Not saying I am a genius who just gets stuff, but I pretty much nailed my top 5 future power teams, that is according to this article written by a panel of experts just today. They must have read my post and then voted. Only missing on USC, but I still accounted for Florida. The Big Ten has two top 5 teams, and yes, Michigan is one of them. Because, anybody with a brain is seeing a new era of Michigan football on the horizon, one in which MSU and other BIG teams not coached by Urban Meyer simply won't be able to compete with the on field talent.

Which college football programs are most likely to compete for and win championships over the next three seasons? A panel of ESPN college football experts weighs in to determine the top 25 in the College Football Future Power Rankings.

1.Alabama
              2.Ohio St
              3.LSU
              4.Florida
              5.Michigan
              Last edited by Deuce; June 18, 2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Excerpt highlighting the BIG 2 and the little 10 (soon to be 12):

Title Path: "They're in good shape as far as title path goes," Haney says. "They're well-positioned right now -- in that league, Ohio State is 1 and Michigan is 1A." Outside of the Buckeyes and Wolverines, both in our top five, no Big Ten teams made this list -- a sign of the lack of threats in the rest of the league.

Comment

• Comment

• pretty ballsy to put OSU on the positive side of academics and ahead of Purdue at that
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• IU better than Purdue at academics?! Overall, Purdue is definitely better academically. Though I would rate athletics worse for Purdue
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• poor Wyoming....

Comment

• Take it up with Forbes rankings Cody.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Where is northwestern? And really it's all about what program within the schools. The forbes list I think might be weighted on what percentage they do and don't accept of the applicants overall.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Michigan using dynamic ticket prices

Updated: June 27, 2013, 8:01 PM ET
                              By Michael Rothstein | WolverineNation

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- If you're trying to buy tickets to a Michigan football game this fall, it could be worth buying now -- or waiting -- because of the Wolverines' move to a dynamic ticketing model this season.
                              Michigan Dynamic Pricing

Michigan is going to let the market dictate the price of single-game tickets. The single-game price will increase as tickets are sold and the supply dwindles.
                              Michigan 2013 End Zone Ticket Prices

Opponent Season
                              Ticket
                              Price Single-
                              Game
                              Price* C. Michigan $65 $70 Notre Dame $65 $195 Akron $65 $65 Minnesota $65 $85 Indiana $65 $85 Nebraska $65 $110 Ohio State $65 $175 *Expected Initial Dynamic Price (end zone)

Single-game ticket prices will vary based on current market values for the ticket. For example, the price for Michigan games against Central Michigan and Akron might not move much off the season-ticket price of $65. But for a premium opponent such as Notre Dame, Nebraska or Ohio State, the school could end up charging at least double the initial ticket price, depending when a person buys the ticket and how much supply is left based on the demand.
                              While Michigan won't be the first school to move toward a dynamic ticketing model, it might be the most high profile. Cal started using QCue -- the same company Michigan hired -- last season. So has Georgetown basketball. South Florida and Washington have used another dynamic ticketing company, Digonex, to experiment in college sports.
                              This has become a popular model in professional sports and the music concert and airline industries.
                              The new ticketing policy will only apply to single-game tickets for Michigan, not season tickets or specialty packs. Michigan set its expected end zone initial dynamic prices to range anywhere from $65 (Akron) to $195 (Notre Dame) per seat. Michigan-Ohio State is estimated at $175 per seat at this point. Michigan single-game tickets go on sale July 30 to donors and Aug. 1 to the general public.
                              "Dynamic pricing is a practice that has been widely used throughout the travel industry and is quickly becoming the standard across sports and entertainment organizations," Michigan chief marketing officer Hunter Lochmann said in a statement. "Pricing dynamically will allow us to adjust single-game ticket prices upward or downward based on real-time market conditions with the biggest factor being fan demand and ticket scarcity.
                              "We've seen strong demand for tickets and encourage fans to buy early to access the best deals."
                              Lochmann has familiarity with this type of ticket pricing. Before he worked for Michigan, he was the vice president of marketing for the New York Knicks.
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Bill Simmons sucks on TV...

oops wrong thread
                                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Working...
                                X