No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is amazing that Chemic even tries to compare Rodriguez' classes to what is going on now. Just give it up, classes like these would need Major League coaching and attitude issues to not be dominant in conference and compete for Natl titles
    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
      It is amazing that Chemic even tries to compare Rodriguez' classes to what is going on now. Just give it up, classes like these would need Major League coaching and attitude issues to not be dominant in conference and compete for Natl titles
      It wasn't a comparison. It was a statement of fact.

Games aren't won on paper. It's great that Hoke's getting big commitments, and the more talent you bring in the better your chances (obviously), but that's all it is at this moment.

I believe just as much as anyone that Hoke will translate this mountain of talent into something great. But I'm not going to lay the laurels upon his brow until the wins actually happen.

Comment

• Most of Rich Rod's recruits didn't stick around or perform well. On top of that they received crappy coaching on defense.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• One of the things about good recruiting classes is you need to have a strategy about how you keep some of these guys. Because inevitably some of these guys will be second and third string. How do you keep them around when that happens. That was the whole national versus local angle when it came to the Rich Rodriguez commands. The theory being if you have a highly rated recruit with ties to the area, he's less likely to leave when he isn't starting. I'm not sure if the evidence bears it out, but thats the thory.

Comment

• Holy crap! Another nice recruit!

I seriously hope we have a decent year this season to back all this up.

Go Blue!
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              It wasn't a comparison. It was a statement of fact.

Games aren't won on paper. It's great that Hoke's getting big commitments, and the more talent you bring in the better your chances (obviously), but that's all it is at this moment.

I believe just as much as anyone that Hoke will translate this mountain of talent into something great. But I'm not going to lay the laurels upon his brow until the wins actually happen.
              Nice clich? dude, but most games are won on paper, especially in College sports where there is no draft and no salary cap. The talent discrepancies will be massive. Michigan will beat every team on paper except Ohio St., occasional upset and their Bowl opponent. ON PAPER and in real life. When classes get to this talent level, the Bama LSU level, the games are won before they start. Compete most years, occasional down year, your rivals would sell crack to a nun to achieve your "down years".

This isn't professional sports, it's not brain surgery. It is easy to realize who the best teams are going to be the next 10 years.
              Last edited by Deuce; July 29, 2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Charlie Weis at Notre dame proves it.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Meanwhile, at Alabama...

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                    Charlie Weis at Notre dame proves it.
                    Internet! On the internet person A. makes claim, person B. finds minor exception and claim is said to be disproven. Internet!

Weiss was incompetent as a head coach. Rare to see incompetent HCs get players. But have no fear SLF, as I know you are no doubt on the right side of this argument Namely, UM is on the brink of doing some nasty ass things. :-)

Comment

• By Hook or Zook, Deuce is onboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        By Hook or Zook, Deuce is onboard.
                        Internet!

Comment

• Wow Deuce. Way to be an asshole. Winning in college football is equal parts development and recruiting. To discount one is misguided and wrong. That's all.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                            Wow Deuce. Way to be an asshole. Winning in college football is equal parts development and recruiting. To discount one is misguided and wrong. That's all.
                            You are reading me wrong if you think I was being an asshole to you, or you are just being too sensitive or whatever.

And my own exceptions I gave before the Internet! took over was talented but corrupt recruits and incompetent inexperienced head coaching. So, I think I covered my ass properly here.

Note: Smiley face in any post, takes one out of asshole category. Common knowledge really.
                            Last edited by Deuce; July 29, 2013, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                              Internet!
                              You gotta admit it was pretty good.

Comment

• M's last five games are monstrous. MSU, N, NW, Iowa, OSU.

Also, the season starts in August (31st) vs. the Chippewas. It scared me a little to see CMU first up. They get upsetty sometimes.
                                ------------
                                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

Working...
                                X