No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to get into a playoff, Ohio is a big fucking game. More important than it was during the Bo and Woody era. To get anywhere you have to beat your two biggest rivals. There is really no scenario where both teams get into a 4 team playoff. You can bet OSU never takes Michigan lightly and will never hire a coach who does again.

Comment

• U of M thread (in the Lions Forum)

He's going a little far with his hatred
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I understand the sentiment he is trying to achieve but he is arguing the wrong points. If the tone they use is Michigan Man, Big 2 Little 8, etc ... He is right, they can't go for that kind of hire. That was what the Hoke hire was, he emphasized tradition, called them Ohio. He said and did stuff to harken back to the 10 year war. That was a storied era, but it was a regional rivalry with a national following. That game was for the Rose Bowl but it rarely had national title implications. The argument about not worrying so much about OSU was more for the Bo/Mo/Lloyd era. Bo would schedule a tough non conference schedule and might drop a game. He didn't care, he was preparing for OSU to get to the Rose Bowl.

Nowadays teams rarely schedule more than one tough non-conference opponent and need to win their division and a championship game to get anywhere in the post season. That puts more at stake on the OSU,MSU and PSU games.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          If you want to get into a playoff, Ohio is a big fucking game. More important than it was during the Bo and Woody era. To get anywhere you have to beat your two biggest rivals. There is really no scenario where both teams get into a 4 team playoff. You can bet OSU never takes Michigan lightly and will never hire a coach who does again.
          For Michigan it might be... for OSU, they're a patsy now. Absolutely NO ONE in Columbus is worried about what Ann Arbor does anymore. Michigan has a lot of teams they have to beat before they can start worrying about "Ohio" again, and losing their minds because a coach doesn't see the "rivalry" as much of a rivalry at this point is fucking stupid.

Comment

• "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              For Michigan it might be... for OSU, they're a patsy now. Absolutely NO ONE in Columbus is worried about what Ann Arbor does anymore. Michigan has a lot of teams they have to beat before they can start worrying about "Ohio" again, and losing their minds because a coach doesn't see the "rivalry" as much of a rivalry at this point is fucking stupid.
              You must be joking when you say that Ohio State doesn't care about the rivalry. Your hatred makes you more unhinged every year
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I've heard a lot of Ohio State fans say they want Michigan to do good again, but not as good as them.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If they name Lane Kniffin as coach, I am burning all of my Michigan Gear and becoming a WalMart Sparty.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• You should do that regardless of the hire, consider it for self improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      You must be joking when you say that Ohio State doesn't care about the rivalry. Your hatred makes you more unhinged every year
                      I didn't say they don't care. I said they aren't worried about Michigan anymore. Ohio State (their fans at least) wants to see a Michigan team that concerns them again.

I'm sure Urban Meyer and the Athletic Department, however, are loving that they can pencil in a "W" next to Michigan in August.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        You should do that regardless of the hire, consider it for self improvement.
                        Funny Boy!

Comment

• "If they name Lane Kniffin as coach, I am burning all of my Michigan Gear and becoming a WalMart Sparty."
                          --------------------------------------Now ya did it. Way to go Mark.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Rodriguez is in the perfect conference for him: One where there's little attention paid to defense. He kept Tony Gibson on staff and gave up 45 points per game. His main focus on the recruiting trail was offense. He was a disaster at Michigan.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Where the hell ya been, Rocky?

There are some images in other threads that we really needed you to comment on because they hurt our eyes.

I forgot which thread but I would be doing you an injustice sending you there to see them.

Comment

• I hang more in the U-M Forum. I gave up on the Lions a long time ago, and I got tired the back and forth with some posters here in the U-M thread. And I'm not talking about Froot Loops, either.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X