No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked what I saw out of Butt, Wormley, Peppers, Bolden and 2 of the 3 WR's. Also, very few missed tackles and punting and kickoffs seem to be no problem.

What I didn't like, hopefully can be improved upon. I don't think it was a complete coincidence that all 3 INT's were balls intended for Perry. Obviously, Rudock had other flaws too. The first game of the year doesn't give the final say on what kind of year Harbaugh: Year One is going to be. It sets the tone, sure. This year will be a challenge but Jimmy Ballgame is a guy who embraces challenges.

One question: Is Gentry still in the mix for this year?
    Last edited by *JD*; September 4, 2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Where was Green?

All things considered, I always figured it would take 2-3 years to really contend. Jim needs to recruit his guys. Hoke's bums are still scattered throughout the roster.

As for this year, hopefully there is improvement when Big 10 plays comes around. We just need to make progress throughout the year. That's really all I expect. A bowl game would be nice, but I could care less about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Harbaugh knows best but, my guess is Senior transfer gets chance.
        Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        My guess is it's because Morris stinks.
        That's what I was thinking. Was Ruddock nervous? He hits a couple of those long misses, it's a different ballgame obviously.
        ------------
        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• ,He doesn't throw the pics, particularly the pick 6 in the 3rd and it is a different game.

We were already over the pick he threw to end the first drive.

He lost it, on his shoulders.

The running game could be better but that would require the backs to have vision and see an opening instead of running a designed play by rote.

I love the TV angles now days........I can be the guy in the sky but not Toronto based.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• So much for being a QB guru cuz that dude sucked ass

Comment

• Originally posted by coinoperated View Post
              So much for being a QB guru cuz that dude sucked ass
              Harbaugh did his part. He put Rudock in good position to succeed, to be honest. And on the road against a tough team and in a hostile environment. That was Utah's biggest crowd in their history, and that's a 9 win team from a season ago who boasts a Heisman candidate.

But it comes down to the players on the field. Rudock missed two WIDE OPEN touchdowns. And two of the picks were on a freshman WR who wasn't running the right routes. The third was just a stare down and subsequently forced throw by Rudock. And Michigan had next to zero run game...and still had opportunities to win that game.

If Rudock hits one of those two deep balls that were sure TDs, and doesn't throw that pick 6 -- it's a completely different ballgame. Now granted, that's not how football works. I mean either you make the plays or you don't, and they didn't.

But the line between winning & losing in this one was pretty thin when you think about it.
              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• If people were expecting greatness from the first snap..failure....but good things were present...

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk

Comment

• I thought before the game that they had a shot at winning and they did. Too many mistakes did them in.

Comment

• FUCK
                    ------------

Comment

• Could not be a worse start.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• unFUCK
                        ------------

Comment

• Wow, Rudock is not good.

It is hard to believe that he is the best that they can do at Michigan.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Zach Gentry.
                            ------------

Comment

• Pressed this thread by pure accident....., (wanted to read the Stafford debate in Lions News)......, but Drew......, The "FUCK"..... then "unFUCK" made me laugh out loud, and I have no idea what its all about. Got time to elaborate on that?
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Ruddock fumbled early for the FUCK.

Then Michigan got a fumble back for the unFUCK.
                                ------------

Comment

Working...
                                X