U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tbone View Post
    I don't think he made it either but too close to over turn. What irks me the most is where was the PI penalty on 3rd down in OT? Defender is all over the receiver holding his arm and no flag. More obvious than the call against us late in the game on an uncatchable ball.

They had the game, just too many mistakes. I think the kick return at the end of the 4th quarter could have ended it. Don't know why the returner cut back inside. No one on the sideline, both guys were blocked.
    Very true...that sure looked like a PI...just thought he ran into the butt of the blocker and it looked like the but was short of the line to gain so had a reference point....but yeah no overturn was happening...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryTheDeuce View Post
      With the exception of fumbling a snap at the two and two interceptions...
      Yeah, it kinda all fell apart as the game went on.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ken View Post
        that wasn't a first down.

Blue was robbed, OSU should have had to try another FG
        It was 4th down, so would've been ballgame if they had the balls to call him short, like I think was the case.
        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• that wasn't a first down.

Game would have been over its was 4th down

Comment

• It doesn't matter. It never should have gotten that far. M should have had that game wrapped up in the 3rd. We were destroying Ohio's offense and Speight turned into a turnover fucking machine and our play calling turned so vanilla it makes me sick. Smith running into the middle of the line made me want to throw up.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Definitely OS got their share if home field calls or non calls but that is a fact in College games especially
              AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Should have went for 2 on the road vs. our biggest rival. 2 yds.

Comment

• With the way our D was playing? Go for 2? No way
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• All they had to do was contain Samuel on the 3rd and long and its either a tie game with us getting the ball back or they miss the kick. That was just f'ing terrible luck he couldn't be tackled WAYYYYYYY back where he should have been bought down.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      All they had to do was contain Samuel on the 3rd and long and its either a tie game with us getting the ball back or they miss the kick. That was just f'ing terrible luck he couldn't be tackled WAYYYYYYY back where he should have been bought down.
                      Yep, that was the proverbial fucking cherry on top
                      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I would have been okay with UM going for two in OT. Penalties, turnovers, and getting conservative hurt them.

Comment

• These Michigan teams never pull through in "the game."
                          Lions at Saints 2011 playoffs, Lions at Cowboys 2014 playoffs, Tigers in their last two WS appearances, Michigan vs Louisville bball championship game, Pistons losing the NBA Finals vs SaS in 2004, Pistons choking in Eastern Finals several years in a row, and of course Michigan football. 1-12 vs Ohio State since 2004.
                          Damn I wish I was a year older so that 2003 Pistons defeating LAL would have made sense to me...

Michigan vs Louisville Orange Bowl will be fun if that's the Bowl selection.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ken View Post
                            that wasn't a first down.

It was 4th down. That would've been ballgame. The non-PI call against Perry was worse than blowing where the spot was, but that didn't assure Michigan would've gotten a TD with a 1st and 10 around the 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryTheDeuce View Post
                              With the exception of fumbling a snap at the two and two interceptions...
                              The first INT really wasn't on him. There was a pass-rush and one of ohio's linemen tipped the ball. If anything, it was just a dubious playcall...also the field position we were in was due to an earlier mistake of Perry running into the tosu kicker. If that collision hadn't happened, I believe Peppers had a fair catch around the 35. Totally different scenario then.

The other 2 TO's were not good, though.

Seemingly, every somewhat close call went red (seems to be a shitty November theme) but Michigan can't give sole ownership of the L to the zebras. They left a fair amount of points on the field themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X