No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long story short; coaches choose their starting rosters for a reason.

Sometimes, that reason is really, really dumb (see also; just about every single one of Jim Leyland and Brad Ausmus's lineups). But often it's not.

Jim Harbaugh is many things, some of which probably shouldn't be said in polite company. But one thing he isn't is stupid. So I felt pretty confident that there was a good reason despite Speight's lackluster "career" that Harbaugh tapped him as the starter.

The reason has become clear. For better or worse, Speight is the best QB on the roster at this time.

Comment

• Hasn't become clear to me, im giving JOK one last chance Saturday. Cant judge him yet, he has had 1 good game Purdue and 2 bad game in terrible weather IU and Sparty - that nobody should be throwing in. Maybe he can be just below average, that would be an upgrade over Speight by far. Im not counting on it though.

Comment

• He won't be. There wasn't inclement weather tainting his showing against the Hoosiers. He simply sucked.

He's garbage, not below average.

Comment

• Not saying he isn't garbage, your probably right. Im giving him one last chance to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
            Hasn't become clear to me, im giving JOK one last chance Saturday. Cant judge him yet, he has had 1 good game Purdue and 2 bad game in terrible weather IU and Sparty - that nobody should be throwing in. Maybe he can be just below average, that would be an upgrade over Speight by far. Im not counting on it though.
            O'Korn has several tools that could make him a really good QB but the problem is he can't get through his progressions. He has 1 read every single play and if that option isn't there he doesn't or can't keep going through his reads.

You have to think that's exactly what his coaches saw at Houston and why he wasn't able to beat out Speight.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              I don't get it, he played his ass off against a pretty good Purdue D on the road then looks like garbage against little brother and Indiana? I can dismiss the weather and elements against little bro but there's no excuses for Indiana.

He gets one read on every pass play and then he's supposed to get rid of the ball
              The little brother stuff is sad. I am from Michigan and follow both programs but this is embarrassing. You know this makes U of M fans look bad right?
              AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Personally, I thought it was clever when MSU fans started calling Michigan "big sister" in response...

Comment

• I dont like either, not sure why Jad keeps calling them that? Dantonio owns Michigan.

Comment

• Listen peanut gallery, East Lansing will always be little brother in football against Michigan. Michigan is the draw in this state and its not even close. Just like Michigan and Ohio will always be the rivalry game and not our in state counter parts.

Its tradition.

And while I call them little brother I'm happy for them to be a legitimate football team. For years they were a steaming pile of horse shit. I think Dantonio is a fantastic coach and as long as he's there he'll bring every ounce of get up and go out of that team that he can.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• ^^ Big sister has spoken ^^

YES, yes, I'll fk off and get ma nails done! Might get the pedicure today as well. They've got a deal on.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        Listen peanut gallery, East Lansing will always be little brother in football against Michigan. Michigan is the draw in this state and its not even close. Just like Michigan and Ohio will always be the rivalry game and not our in state counter parts.

Its tradition.

And while I call them little brother I'm happy for them to be a legitimate football team. For years they were a steaming pile of horse shit. I think Dantonio is a fantastic coach and as long as he's there he'll bring every ounce of get up and go out of that team that he can.
                        Ahhhhh grasshopper, you have been gone for a while.

The local Detroit rags have come a long way in making sure that State gets equal column space in the sports sections so awareness and exposure to Spartans has increased dramatically.

Additionally, I have been attending both Michigan and Michigan State games since the late 70's. The tailgaiting and attendance at State games surely rivals their counterparts in Ann Arbor.

........and, since State has been more relevant for the past 10 years, I would dare say they have the edge in bragging rights and deserve to be referred to as something other than little brother.

Little brother has grown up and is now bigger than big brother and has been puttin a whuppin on him for some time so it'a time to just call him bro.

......and while yes, Ohio State is still the #1 rival, Michigan can not brag to either of these series' as they have to win a game to be relevant. Their record for the past 10 years does not suggest relevency. I also think you are going to see much greater emphisis on the State game and it is becoming a true rivalry. State plays like it is, now it is time for Michigan to do the same.
                        Last edited by Malto Marko; October 21, 2017, 06:22 AM.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• We got them beat on tailgating, not attendance.

Comment

• Well, we all know that selling out the big house as much as Michigan does is amazing but, State sells out their stadium with great regularity also.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• They may claim a sellout at Spartan stadium, but sometimes the fans in the stands paint a different picture. It's actually a problem, there was a Nebraska night game where the Spartans were comfortably ahead but the Huskers made a furious comeback in a laughably empty stadium.

There is a long tradition of students having season tickets and staying at the railgate.
                              Last edited by froot loops; October 21, 2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• I have seen a lot of empty seat at MSU through the 'good' Dantonio years. I do like seeing Sparty do well in football (besides the Michigan game). Before internet trolls and keyboard tough guys (and drunken idiots like my MSU brother in law) I liked MSU BB a lot and the 98 Saban upset vs osu (maybe the best osu team ever) is in the top 5 games I have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X