U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woo-hoo!!
    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Tane, if you go to a Michigan game in Columbus you will see that the Buckeye fans are easily the worst behaved fans in the nation. Live and learn.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Western Michigan has a very good quarterback, so, of course, Boubacar Cissoko isn't playing today. Injury unknown. Cornerback is the weakest area on the depth chart. Could be a long afternoon for Michigan DBs.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
          Tane, if you go to a Michigan game in Columbus you will see that the Buckeye fans are easily the worst behaved fans in the nation. Live and learn.
          That's what I hear. I hear of People Wearing UM Merch get spit on, sworn at, stuff thrown at them, etc. etc.....

I'm not going to call that a Good thing....But from What I understand, that's Michigan Specific, not necessarily any opposing team. From what I hear, OSU fans are like 13 year old Bully, whereas Michigan fans, in my experience are 4 year old hissy fit throwing Cry babies...

(Obviously Not EVERY Michigan fan....If you're a UM fan,. I'm not saying that you'd fall into the category of people i've experienced, but the Fan base in general)

And Hopefully Next year, I can make it down to Columbus and see a Buckeyes game, Before Pryor goes Pro
          09 AAL - Bryant Johnson
          10 AAL - Mathew Stafford

Comment

• EZ game for Michigan today, WM just doesn't have an answer today.

Can't tell much from the game other than YES Michigan does look better than last year, but how much is emotion and the fact WMichigan doesn't have an answer
            Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Western Michigan could be challenging in this game if they could stop stepping on their collective dicks.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I also wanted to say something about Tate Forcier being taking out for Sheridan and Shoelace. Any two or more quarterback system is, IMO, GOOFY. Pick a QB and go with him.
                ------------

Comment

• Pretty sure Sheridan would not be playing if the score wasnt 31-0.

When you're stomping the other team, you have more room to experiment.

Comment

• That's how I saw it.

The Wolverines put this game to bed before halftime, they were just about giving guys live fire reps in the second half. The point was made; there was no need to pile on.

Comment

• Both Notre Dame and U-M had huge days today against teams that were supposed to give them trouble.

Next week will be the first real test for both of them. A win should get U-M back in the top 25.

Comment

• RichRod changed out QBs in just about every game last year, so don't say that it's just because they had a lead.

My comment was just that I don't like the practice. When you have the opposition on the ropes, you don't let them off. Changing to a cold QB does precisely that. Also, in case you didn't pay attention to the second half, WMU pretty much dominated the TOP and if they hadn't TO'd several times, they could have been back in that game.
                        ------------

Comment

• He changed Qbs last year because all of them sucked.

He's not in the business of changing good QBs out for bad ones, unless its 31-0.

yawn....the game was over. WMU was not coming back from 31-0. What they did in the 2nd half means absolutely nothing. U-M didnt have WMU on the ropes, they had already completed the knockout.

RichRod spent the whole 2nd half experimenting with various combinations and plays, and if that meant he only won by 24 points, I'm okay with that. It was good practice time for next week.

Sure, he could have spent the 2nd half telling his guys to run up the gut, and he would have both scored more points and won TOP, but who cares?
                          Last edited by Kstat; September 5, 2009, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• OK

------------

Comment

• You really weren't paying attention in the second half.
                              ------------

Comment

• Actually, I was...I saw him send his 3rd and 4th string QB out there, and I saw a bunch of freshman DBs giving up yards. Forcier barely saw the field.

WMU got their asses handed to them when the game actually mattered. As soon as it didn't, the 2nd stringers started getting more PT.

The final score of this game could have been 50-0 easy....but I guess he "let them off the ropes" and only won by 24...

Comment

Working...
                                X