U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    This team has been poorly coached and has had poor execution since the loser coach got here. This has been happening the whole time.
    Careful bro. I got chastised for calling umich a garbage team here.

They are likely a top 25 high school team. Well maybe not that good
    Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• It's amazing how many of you will keep constructing that scapegoat, blame a goddamn Super Bowl-calibur coach (just all the other coaches you've tarred and feathered since roughly 2000, including Lloyd Carr - a man in which I have an extreme dislike) rather than accept that the sheen from the winged helmet is gone, no one gives jack shit about your history anymore, and you can't just pick the cream of the crop out of the recruiting pool because you're Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        no one gives jack shit about your history anymore, and you can't just pick the cream of the crop out of the recruiting pool because you're Michigan.
        That's exactly right. Rich Rod followed up by Brady Hoke completely flushed the program. Harbaugh or any coach would have to put the work in recruiting. Rebuilding the program is no easy task
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well, at least ya'll arent gonna get shut out today.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

That's exactly right. Rich Rod followed up by Brady Hoke completely flushed the program. Harbaugh or any coach would have to put the work in recruiting. Rebuilding the program is no easy task
            The problem is that there is a ceiling that ANY coach is going to be able to build this program with the standards the university demands. A "better" coach probably isn't going to get much more out of it than Harbaugh has. There's going to be some really bad losses, you're GOING to lose to Ohio State every single year, and 10-2 is probably going to be the absolute peak season you're going to have. A "better" coach makes those 10-2 heights more likely, but this undefined coach isn't going to beat Ohio State either.

You've brought in coaches from just about everywhere; from Carr's coaching tree, from Bo's coaching tree, from outside the program, from the NFL, and none of them have been able to break that ceiling. I just want you to possibly CONSIDER that there is more to it. At some point, fans have got to look back at the graveyard of coaches that have been buried over the last two decades, and think, "Maybe... just maybe... the issue isn't JUST the coach?"

Comment

• Game over, went just as I expected (maybe a little worse) Im not angry at all, (but buzzed) lol. JH is shit on the road >>>>>> not sure why people dont see this, I been posting it it for 3 years? Maybe they will now.

High water point was 'JT was short', same as the 'Bush push with Charlie Weis' - both losses.

Comment

• I feel like the press really F'ed us this year. All they did was talk about how awesome the OL was going to be and here we are 3 games into the season and our QBs are getting pummeled.

All I wanted was for Patterson to take a seat to see what McCaffrey can do with extended minutes and he gets decapitated behind the OL and also while running for his life. That Wisconsin team is no joke tho. They have a QB that played smart football with some of his QB sneaks, a bunch of hogs on the OL, a fire breathing defense and one of the best RBs in the country. If Taylor can stay healthy that team will beat the hell out of every team in the B1G.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The problem with Michigan football is Wisconsin has for better or worse become the new Michigan over the last 30 seasons. All of the aspects of the Michigan program under Bo and Lloyd are now much more identifiable with the Badgers. They are tough, consistent and can be counted on to win a Big 10 title every few years. They aren't much of a national title contender but neither was Michigan during Bo.

Michigan under Hoke and now Harbaugh carry on as if the program is at that level when it hasn't been there in nearly 15 years. There is this misguided notion that they are trying to get that last mile to a national championship when it's clear they aren't close. It permeates the program and some of the fan base, they go into games believing the name is enough. You here it in that Little Brother crap. Or the false bravado concerning OSU. Far too many games they show no fight other than some random defensive back talking crap after a play.

Comment

• They are simply a bad team. It's year 5 for Harbaugh. He deserves all the blame. It's his program.

Comment

You can't make this shit up. Anyone that wants to say Harbaugh would ever be on the hotseat should just sit back and watch this shit. In all of college football I can't think of a big program coach that seems to legitimately care for his players like Harbaugh. He practices what he preaches and would never put up with this shit in his program.

I'm proud of Beilein and Harbaugh with what they've done at Michigan.

Now f*ckin beat Ohio!
                      lol, you are completely delusional. Cares about players? He processes them just like the slimy SEC guys.
                      Forever One!

Comment

How long are you going to keep blaming the coach when he doesn't have the TALENT to beat Ohio? How many times can you HONESTLY say in the last 20 years, "Michigan was clearly the more talented team?"

The answer is ZERO. Michigan hasn't had the more talented team since Sweatervest took over and made it clear that there were going to be absolutely NO standards to suit up if you could play.
                        you are delusional as well .... Harbaugh was giving boatloads of $$ to bring in guys to win. He does all the same tricks as the big boys. He's just not good at it.
                        Forever One!

Comment

It's amazing how many of you will keep constructing that scapegoat, blame a goddamn Super Bowl-calibur coach (just all the other coaches you've tarred and feathered since roughly 2000, including Lloyd Carr - a man in which I have an extreme dislike) rather than accept that the sheen from the winged helmet is gone, no one gives jack shit about your history anymore, and you can't just pick the cream of the crop out of the recruiting pool because you're Michigan.
                          Forever One!

Comment

• They did send a lot of players to the NFL this year, their problem is they didn't cash in last year.

Comment

I feel like the press really F'ed us this year. All they did was talk about how awesome the OL was going to be and here we are 3 games into the season and our QBs are getting pummeled.

All I wanted was for Patterson to take a seat to see what McCaffrey can do with extended minutes and he gets decapitated behind the OL and also while running for his life. That Wisconsin team is no joke tho. They have a QB that played smart football with some of his QB sneaks, a bunch of hogs on the OL, a fire breathing defense and one of the best RBs in the country. If Taylor can stay healthy that team will beat the hell out of every team in the B1G.
                              So it's the presses fault? lol, OK. You are hitting on a very good point however. Nobody in college football, heck, maybe nobody in all of sports promotes themselves and controls the message from the media better than Michigan. OSU and Florida pummeled your team last year, but once the wounds got licked your big blue hype machine started grinding out stories about how good things are how 'nobody has is better than us' and once again you start the season over rated with your spot reserved in the BCS playoffs.

Did you catch wind of watch Gerry Dinardo intimated? He basically said that he couldn't report on Michigan's spring football because some teams control the message being delivered more than others and he didn't want to 'lie' about what they saw.

The Blue Wall is very real ... just go back and read the headlines in the paper and look at the difference in the way the two teams (MSU & UM) are covered. Just go back 2 weeks to see the difference between the headlines for Charbonnet and Collins. Collins had more yards on less attempts yet the freep had already annointed Charbonnet a "Star" while Collins "may" be a playmaker. It's comical.
                              Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                They did send a lot of players to the NFL this year, their problem is they didn't cash in last year.
                                This is true ... it's also why I was flummexed by all the pre-season hype around UM. What was it based on besides self promotion? Unless your Bama or Clemson you can't lose that much NFL type talent without a drop off in play.

State will be in the same boat next year ... they'll lose a ton of defensive talent (Bachie, Willekes, Raquan) and lose Lewerke ... I guarantee you that nobody will be picking them for the playoffs ... hell they'll be hard pressed to picked in the top 25.

Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X