No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Michigan had the talent to beat Tennessee, it was more a matter of finding the consistency to string together solid outings. They've got more than a puncher's chance against either Ohio State or Villanova as well. All they need is keep playing to the best of their ability, and they can literally beat anyone.

Comment

• I can’t believe they beat Tennessee with their defense. I watched the CSU game and was really proud that they endured a team of chuckers but wasn’t expecting a win against the Vols.

Hunter is playing incredible basketball. I hope that kid makes it in the NBA
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That game went about how i thought it would go against Nova. They always have our number. It’s sad as it was a very winnable game if they make some f’ing layups.

Either way, making it to the sweet 16 isn’t anything to sneeze at considering how unprepared the young kids looked for
        most of the season. There’s no way any of the freshman leave for the NBA
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Couldn’t hit free throws or those shots down low.

Comment

• USC, UCLA in negotiations to join Big Ten as soon as 2024

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
              USC, UCLA in negotiations to join Big Ten as soon as 2024

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...wl/7779508001/
              I just read that.
              Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• It is a done deal. USC and UCLA start Big Ten play in 2024.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...pac-12-big-ten
                Last edited by chemiclord; July 1, 2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Those are 2 cool teams to add. Hopefully this can help the B1G recruit in Cali (besides Ohio)
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wow! We are in pivitol times. Never, ever thought this would be...

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    It is a done deal. USC and UCLA start Big Ten play in 2024.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...pac-12-big-ten
                    USC, UCLA join Big Ten, starting in 2024

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 30, 2022, 8:25 PM EDT

Getty Images

It’s official: USC and UCLA are the newest Big Ten programs.

Both schools announced on Thursday evening that they have joined the Big Ten, starting with the 2024 football season.

The schools will be Big Ten members in all sports, but this move is all about football. It’s football that generates the enormous television revenues that enrich college administrators, and it’s football that motivates every conference realignment.

For the Big Ten, getting USC and UCLA is a huge step into the lucrative Los Angeles television market. For USC and UCLA, the move puts them squarely into the middle of one of the two major college football conferences.

With this move and the departure of Texas and Oklahoma from the Big 12 to the SEC, the Big Ten and SEC are now so far ahead of the other conferences that there really aren’t a “Power Five” anymore, but a Power Two, with the Big Ten and SEC serving as the marquee conferences in college football. It’s likely that more moves are coming, with the remaining top programs outside the Big Ten and SEC trying to join one of those two conferences, and the future of college football being centered around two major conferences that have far more resources than the rest.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Next dominion to fall will be Notre Dame.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Very fancy word usage
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                          Next dominion to fall will be Notre Dame.
                          Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Very fancy word usage
                          And completely wrong too!
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

And completely wrong too!
                            Ahhh....damn autocorrect on my phone.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• As long as Notre Dame is able to make money they don't have to share with anyone, they aren't going to be terribly compelled to join a conference (at least as a full operating member).

Comment

• Yeah I don’t know chemi. Things are changing in the college ranks. I think they dammed near have to at the moment.

I still can’t believe the Big Ten nabbed USC and UCLA. They have such a different makeup to the rest of the conference. I have a feeling when USC starts mounting recruits they’ll be tough to stop

Michigan better get on the NIL train or they’re going to be left so far in the dust.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X