No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan is one of those teams that when they are on, there is literally no one they can't beat. That offense is so ridiculously potent that if their shots are falling, it doesn't matter what defense they're playing.

Comment

• Let me add, even when they are on they can go in a funk. Need to limit the number and length of those.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It's basketball. Every team in every game goes into a couple of funks.

Comment

• Ya I know. UM's seem to last longer. Maybe it just seems like that to me.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Auburn Hills = Funky Town
            The only logical explanation is:
            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              Michigan is one of those teams that when they are on, there is literally no one they can't beat. That offense is so ridiculously potent that if their shots are falling, it doesn't matter what defense they're playing.

Originally posted by DanO View Post
              Ya I know. UM's seem to last longer. Maybe it just seems like that to me.
              With good reason.

Look at Bielines record in the NCAA tourney with Michigan, and rejoice the fact he gets them there.

He is bringing roundball back to M.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Oh I'm rejoicing...............I just want it to keep going. :-)
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Let's hope they redeem themselves in the state of Indiana this year. It hasn't been always awesome.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Gotta say, I do like how a lot of "experts" are taking the Vols. Michigan always seems to do much better playing the underdog card.

Comment

• My guess is, the "experts" will be gushing over Kentucky, so even with the higher seed, UM will be sentimental underdogs.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                        My guess is, the "experts" will be gushing over Kentucky, so even with the higher seed, UM will be sentimental underdogs.
                        Yup.

Michigan is indeed the underdog but because of the betting on the game to even out the bets.

5 Froshes for Tuckey=Nice run, maybe next year.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Kentucky is the favorite, and rightfully so. They've looked a lot better against tougher opponents than Michigan has.
                          Last edited by chemiclord; March 30, 2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Michigan is going to have trouble with their size and athleticism. Every starter for Kentucky is 6-6 or taller.
                            This is a match up of one of the best rebounding teams (Kentucky) vs a Michigan team that struggles sometimes with rebounding.

If Michigan doesn't go 10-18 on 3's or something like that (which has happened several times this season), I think Kentucky will win. ... but even with that, it will be tough. Louisville shot 49.3% and only had 10 turnovers... still lost to a Kentucky team that shot 43% and had 12 turnovers.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• "My guess is, the "experts" will be gushing over Kentucky, so even with the higher seed, UM will be sentimental underdogs."
                              ---------------------------Yep. It's going to get sickening listen to the announcers gush over Kentucky.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Michigan is going to have trouble with their size and athleticism. Every starter for Kentucky is 6-6 or taller.
                                This is a match up of one of the best rebounding teams (Kentucky) vs a Michigan team that struggles sometimes with rebounding.

If Michigan doesn't go 10-18 on 3's or something like that (which has happened several times this season), I think Kentucky will win. ... but even with that, it will be tough. Louisville shot 49.3% and only had 10 turnovers... still lost to a Kentucky team that shot 43% and had 12 turnovers.
                                What Michigan has, and Louisville really didn't... was that Michigan can literally outscore anyone in the country. The Wolverines' offensive efficiency is remarkable.

What Wolvy CAN'T do is what they did two nights ago. They can't fall asleep at the wheel and watch as Kentucky turns up their game.

Comment

Working...
                                X