Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    MICHIGAN MAN!

When U-M goes 3-9 this year, I wonder what excuse Wolvy will have to claim the problem really was RichRod.
    They won't even win 3 games this year. RichRod was terrible in his own right; not sure what your argument is, that he should've been retained?

M followed a horrible hire with one even worse it seems.
    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• True, Rich Rod was able to beat some awful teams in 2010 to get the win total up to 7... because Michigan's offense did perform well in those games. Unless you count ND as a quality win, there is nothing Rich Rod did well at Michigan in his 3 years.
      Hoke at least won a BCS game.

Both sucked, but Hoke did better in his time at Michigan.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
        They won't even win 3 games this year. RichRod was terrible in his own right; not sure what your argument is, that he should've been retained?

M followed a horrible hire with one even worse it seems.
        My point is the problem with Michigan... is Michigan. Not Rodriguez. Not Hoke (at least not directly). Their entire "Michigan Man" myth needs to die, or they will continue to have this problem; either by the outright sabotage of "outsiders" (like what happened to RichRod), or dipping into the same inbred coaching pool that has ties to good' ol' Bo (like Hoke).

Les Miles isn't walking through that door. Jim and/or John Harbaugh aren't walking through that door, either. The Wolverines need to go OUTSIDE their comfort zone, and hire someone who doesn't come from the Bo or Carr coaching trees (which like most inbred families are in fact pretty much the same damn tree), then not actively backstab that guy before he even lands in Ann Arbor.

Then maybe, just maybe, they'll have a chance of returning to their past glory.
        Last edited by chemiclord; October 4, 2014, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• I agree; their arrogance and failure to exhibit "decent" coaching searches/step outside their "this is Michigan ferchrissakes" bullshit mentality is frustrating as all hell.
          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Agree Chemi. Best Coach available, not Best Michigan Man available.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• FUCK the Michigan Man BS. BO wasn't a Michigan Man. Don't understand this at all.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                FUCK the Michigan Man BS. BO wasn't a Michigan Man. Don't understand this at all.
                Oh, that's the most beautiful hypocrisy of the entire myth, though. Brady Hoke (and all the other Michigan Men) should HATE Bo. After all, Bo Schembechler was from that "Ohio" coaching tree.

Comment

• Being a Michigan Man is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Being a Michigan Man is a state of mind.
                    Not to the people running the show. They've stripped Bo's words completely of its context, and decided it means that a "Michigan Man" is someone that comes from Bo's coaching tree.

Comment

• "Oh, that's the most beautiful hypocrisy of the entire myth, though. Brady Hoke (and all the other Michigan Men) should HATE Bo. After all, Bo Schembechler was from that "Ohio" coaching tree."
                      ---------YEP!
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I think I mentioned this somewhere (maybe on a different thread or to a friend)..
                        Next head coach for the Michigan Wolverines: Rex Ryan
                        Offensive Coordinator: Cam Cameron Defensive Coordinator: Greg Mattison

Rex Ryan will be fired by NYJ at some point in the next 3 months. So he WILL be available. The question is: would Ryan want a year off, would another NFL team have interest in him, or would Florida/ a different school offer him something better. Ryan obviously isn't known for being good with QBs, but he could recruit as good, if not better, as Hoke. Plus Ryan actually does something as far as coaching goes, unlike Hoke haha.
                        Cameron loves Michigan. Mattison & Ryan have a Baltimore connection and will stay.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Rex Ryan as coach of the Michigan Wolverines would be a glorious disaster to watch.

At least the press conferences would be entertaining.

I honestly don't know how Ryan would hold up as a college coach, as I'm not the least bit sold he knows how to identify talent. If he HAS talent, he can do some really amazing things with it, but can he get it for himself?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            Rex Ryan as coach of the Michigan Wolverines would be a glorious disaster to watch.

At least the press conferences would be entertaining.

I honestly don't know how Ryan would hold up as a college coach, as I'm not the least bit sold he knows how to identify talent. If he HAS talent, he can do some really amazing things with it, but can he get it for himself?
                            If Rex could ever get a decent QB, I think he would be good.
                            That is why Cam Cameron should be hired as offensive coordinator. He did a good job with Mettenburger last year. This year, LSU has their QB problems, but I think there are more variables that explain that problem.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Jim Mora Jr and Pete Carroll are (defensive) NFL guys that went to a college with good history (USC and UCLA) and restored them.
                              Carroll obviously did extremely well at USC (minus the Reggie Bush stuff) and Mora Jr has UCLA good again.
                              Rex Ryan, similar coach as them.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Rex Ryan as Michigan Man? Where do I sign up for that!

Comment

Working...
                                X