No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The press conference was amusing. I'm glad he didn't call out MSU or OSU. I think Jennifer Hammond was trying to get him to do what Tressel did but he knew better than that.

Comment

• Because Harbaugh is smart enough to not run his mouth until he has the results to back it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Because Harbaugh is smart enough to not run his mouth until he has the results to back it up.
        Pantsopolis approves of this message
        The only logical explanation is:
        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• .......overheard by maintenance staff in Schembechler Hall at 2:05 PM from down the hall with no one else in the building.

Hi! This is Jim Harbaugh. What are you doing today? .......pause for an answer.......would you like to be playing football one year from today? We would really like to have you at Michigan.......

;-) He is on the job!
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Here you go chemiclord another God Damn Walmart Wolverine !

Last edited by WingsFan; January 2, 2015, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Heh
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hunh?

Oh... kay?

Sure.

Comment

• That's it ? No witty comeback with one word all in Caps? Lol ok

Comment

• Chemi is still in reeling. Harbaugh to Michigan was a huge blow for him.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• And why would that be?

Harbaugh's a great coach, and Michigan made a great hire. What is also tells me is that the Athletic Department has finally set aside it's foolish pride and put together an offer that made sense to the best possible candidate they could, rather than obsess with things said in 2007 or the worry that "[x] coach might bolt for the pros in [y] years."

Why would I hate that again?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        And why would that be?

Harbaugh's a great coach, and Michigan made a great hire. What is also tells me is that the Athletic Department has finally set aside it's foolish pride and put together an offer that made sense to the best possible candidate they could, rather than obsess with things said in 2007 or the worry that "[x] coach might bolt for the pros in [y] years."

Why would I hate that again?
                        Disagree.

Michigan finally hired/appointed an AD that can make sense out of the difference between business and tradition.

Ever since the hiring of Tom Goss, the program has gone backwards in production but forward in revenue.

A good program can lose a HC to a better opportunity but also has someone in the pipes to take over the production.

Money earned became more important than the talent at coaching and results.

Edit: That is the result of Mary Sue Coleman, who is not responsible for Goss, but reigned in the AD, and football in particular.

The new President had limited experience with athletics but was forced into some very difficult times in his beginning moments.

His appointment of Hackett, hit a home run in an emergency.
                        Last edited by Malto Marko; January 4, 2015, 01:14 PM.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The problems stem from before Brandon. Remember the entire Les Miles debacle before Martin panicked and hired RichRod?

There's been infighting within the U-M program since Bo died (the football program specifically), it only came to a head more recently.

Comment

• Hackett, after only what, a month or two, already seems way better then the last two ADs.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Well, when the one move he made is a grand slam, isn't that a "no shit"?

Comment

• Yep. That on top of just how bad the moves were of the previous two guys. UofM has such a strong brand that it's remarkable how bad the last two ADs had to be to screw it up... IMO.
                                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Working...
                                X