No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was really upset when Harbaugh went to the 49ers years ago. But now, looking back, maybe it's good that he got to experience the NFL at the head coach level back then. If he had come to Michigan back then he probably would have been quicker to pull the trigger on an NFL opportunity. Maybe now he only leaves Michigan for a near-perfect situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
      He just said this week that this season was his favorite year in football as a player or coach. I'd be very surprised if he left in the next 5 years. The only way I see that happening is if he wins a National Championship, which is certainly possible. If he feels like he's accomplished what was needed to put Michigan at the top for the foreseeable future, then he might go to the NFL again.
      I am thinking if he wins a National Championship and builds a program that is a perennial contender, he is more likely to stay rather than head back to the NFL.

I also think that if he does head back to the NFL he would want to wear both the GM and HC hats.

He is getting paid like an NFL coach so compensation is not an issue.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Comment

• Lol
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Comment

• LOL!

Comment

• I do not see the humor.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• A lot of people have been bandwagoning spartie in the last few years and things will probably swing back the other way soon.

Comment

• Al of the Sparty fans I grew up with are still Spartys. Wouldn't cross the street to spit on a M fan.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I haven't seen any evidence of bandwagon Spartan fans. Metro Detroit is heavy with Michigan fans.

Comment

• Is switching allegiance common over there is the USA?

In all my time as a Hibernian supporter, can think of only one absolute tit who switched over to the Jambofkers due to a 22 winning streak over Hibs in the late 80's early 90's. Remember walking in to the Burdiehouse Chip shop to get carbed up on Deef fried Mars bars and seeing Ainsworth standing there wearing a Jambo scarf around his neck. I was like :shock Turned away, rubbed my eyes, looked back, and I was like :shock: even more. Very disappointing!!
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• More like fans that don't pay attention until a team gets good.

Comment

• Agree with froot, I know more about the Panthers team than some of the people that come up to me at work and say how about them Panthers! Usually they can name Cam Newton and that is about it for player knowledge.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                              "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
                              Colin Powell

Comment

• If the Panthers and Newton do win the SB, it'll all be credited to Cams preseason training with The Richmond Tigers AFL squad! :smile:
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X