• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Haha, very good.

But, 58,000 training aircraft? Why FFS?

Trainee: Am I up next, Colonel?
    Colonel: Affirmative Corporal Hamtramack. You are up when Jim......,
    Another guy: Colonel, Jim has just crashed & burned.
    Colonel: Oh fuck. Get another plane for Hamtramack here, on the double. Hamttramack?
    Trainee: Yes Colonel?
    Colonel: We only have 47,578 trainee planes left, son. Don't fucking crash it, OK?
    Trainee: I'll do my best not to, Colonel. But, now that you've planted that seed, I'm a bit nervous. What if I.......
    Colonel: JUST , DON'T fking crash it......., OK?
    LOL!

Air supremacy was a major factor in winning that war and there were many pilots to train and the training was pushing the envelope which did cause many planes (and men) to be lost. Most I am guessing (and it is only a guess) was learning how to takeoff and land on an Aircraft carrier.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Allied bombing actually had a negligible effect on german manufacturing. By the end of the war the Germans had surplus planes and tanks. They ran out of pilots and fuel. The allies did finally go after POL targets (petroleum, oil, lubrication) and succeed in grounding the Luftwaffe. As for the Wermacht, 70 of their casualties and deaths came on the Russian front. Our history books had a very distinct narration to them when we grew up that didn't quite meet the facts
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/6yeF-qNp8Ns[/ame]
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• LOL, Tony.

"Air supremacy was a major factor in winning that war and there were many pilots to train and the training was pushing the envelope which did cause many planes (and men) to be lost. Most I am guessing (and it is only a guess) was learning how to takeoff and land on an Aircraft carrier."
          ------------------------------The German planes were also superior at the beginning of the war. They were much more maneuverable and faster I believe. This was the advent of the Hellcat which arrived for the second half of the war. With the Hellcat the American pilots were no longer at a disadvantage and the results showed.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The Grumman F6F Hellcat was used in the pacific theater by the navy against the zero. The P-51 Mustang was used in the ETO. It was a match for the FW-190 which was one of the premier planes of the war.

At the beginning the ME-109 and the spitfires were roughly equal. Britain's problem was there were just too few spits.

Comment

• And now, ... back to the joke thread .....
              Attached Files
              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• ^ That, is funny!

Comment

• ^^^^^Best in quite a while Tony!!!!!

Teacher asks the kids in her 3rd grade class:"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Little Johnny says: "I wanna be a billionaire, go to the most expensive clubs, find me the finest whore, give her a Ferrari worth over a million bucks, an apartment in Trump Plaza, a mansion in Paris, a jet to travel throughout Europe and an Infinite Visa Card, while banging her three times a day".

The teacher, shocked, and not knowing what to do with this horrible response from little Johnny, decides not to acknowledge what he said and simply tries to continue with the lesson.

"And how about you, Sarah?"

"I wanna be Johnny's whore.

Comment

• LMAO Tony.

LOL Cat.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Comment

• Eggs for breakfast every morning.

.......note to self, break timer.........

Comment

• Tony,

POL does not stand for "Petroleum, Oil & Lubricants" It stands for "Pissed Off & Lazy"

I speak from experience.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X