Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    Thanks, will check that out (Knives Out).

We watched Uncut Gems this week on Netflix. Sandler was really good but, wow, that movie gave us both a LOT of anxiety. The entire time.

Started It: Chapter two last night. Not great/not terrible but the casting was crazy good. Why on earth is this movie nearly three hours? Unnecessary.

Did you happen to read the book (IT)? It is the largest TOME I have ever seen. If you think both movies were long - there was material cut - and talk of an IT “super cut” to include the cut footage but I have hear no recent updates on that.
    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• And regarding IT - the kid actors especially rocked it - Bill Hader as the adult Richie Tozier stole the show. Skaarsgard as well did a very good job as Pennywise. Have both of those on 4k too.
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• And I’ll tell anyone here...compressed 4k streamed is NOT 4k. You want to see this stuff 4k UHD off disc.
        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I watched Jo-Jo Rabit with the family the other day. I had zero interest in it when it was in theaters but that was my loss. It is a *great* movie. Highly recommended.

Comment

• I could only make it halfway through. I’m a history nut, but it just didn’t click for me. I found it to be boring and not funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post

Did you happen to read the book (IT)? It is the largest TOME I have ever seen. If you think both movies were long - there was material cut - and talk of an IT “super cut” to include the cut footage but I have hear no recent updates on that.
              Yes, I read it in high school and lugged the hardcover book from class to class. It was indeed HUGE. I still think a two hour movie would have been much better. We had to break our viewing into a couple of days.

I agree on Bill Hader -- love him and he was good in this.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thinking of watching “King of Staten Island” this weekend, which was just released last week. Anyone see it yet? If so, thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
                  Thinking of watching “King of Staten Island” this weekend, which was just released last week. Anyone see it yet? If so, thoughts?
                  Trailer looked pretty good.

Ps I liked IT chapter 1 way better than chapter 2 ... maybe it set the bar too high
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    I could only make it halfway through. I’m a history nut, but it just didn’t click for me. I found it to be boring and not funny.
                    Really? I'm surprised only because I found the movie so thoroughly entertaining - but I guess its all subjective. I'll just add that this was the first movie in a long time that everybody in the family liked, even my wife and my youngest son who are very hard to please and dislike most movies. I will warn folks that it has a very distinct Wes Anderson feel to it, so if that turns you off you may want to avoid.

Comment

• Not really a post about a movie per se, but theaters are opening (or have opened) back up here in the Vancouver area. Mostly playing what was out when they shut down, plus some classic stuff like ET, Back To The Future, Dark Knight Trilogy, stuff like that. They're spacing seats big time (from what I've read, haven't been back yet)

1917 is probably the one I haven't seen that has me most tempted, but it's not in IMAX or AVX. I'll prob wait awhile longer. I guess TENET isn't too far away ... that could be the one

Comment

• Coincidentally, just started watching The Dark Knight trilogy with my sons yesterday. I’ve seen it already, but I’m now enjoying getting to introduce some of my favorite action movies to my boys (now that they’re old enough). It’s especially satisfying to see them actually enjoying the movies too. We got through Batman Begins and The Dark Knight yesterday. We’ll probably get to the Dark Knight Rises tonight. Also recently watched Terminator 1 & 2 (I’m sparing them from the others). T2 has actually held up pretty well. We watched The Matrix, but got sidetracked from watching Reloaded and Revolutions, so we’ll pick back up on those next week.

Comment

• Batman Begins and Dark Knight are soooooooo good

Comment

• Matrix is such an amazing movie.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                              Batman Begins and Dark Knight are soooooooo good
                              Heath Ledger’s performance was just unbelievable. The scenes where he crashes Dent’s fundraiser and just terrorizes with that blade in his hand, and later when he visits Dent in the hospital and somehow injects levity...two very different situations that he carried masterfully.

Comment

• Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy is definitely a top 5 or 6 trilogy of all time IMO. (LOTR clearly #1, Toy Story, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Star Wars...)
                                "The Dark Knight Rises" gets overlooked because of how amazing "The Dark Knight" (TDK) is. Still a great film. Impossible to reach the bar set by TDK.

Also think "The Matrix Reloaded" is underrated because it has some incredible actions scenes. Obviously not amazing like "The Matrix." As an action movie, really fun.
                                "The Matrix Revolutions" however ... ehhhh.

If movie theaters require people to wear masks, don't think it's likely I'll being going to a theater anytime soon. Though it'll be hard for me to not go see "Tenet" and "Dune" if they come out this year.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X