No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have added a new button to the Advanced Text editor. It looks like a bucket of popcorn. Use it when you are posting spoilers to hide the spoiler. To view the hidden spoiler, click the word SPOILER:

SPOILERThis is a spoiler test! Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!!
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• That's a nice feature Deb!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Strangers prey at night

SPOILER I'm pretty forgiving with horror movies, but that was some serious crap....

Especially when they blatantly ripped off the Texas Chainsaw Massacre....

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          How do you f up such an epic movie idea? There's so many possibilities that they could do with Han. Luke and Vader drove the originals but Han Solo made it cool and witty. Messing up that movie is on par with the disaster of GI Joe. How do you screw something up that could be so cool
          I am not a sacred cow guy. Though I do feel some movies don't need remakes or decades late sequels. But if the prequel trilogy taught us anything it's that some characters with mysterious or barely touched on back stories are better that way. Take Vader, the darkest, scariest baddie on screen for a long time. We get a feeling of his backstory, some stories told from a certain point of view. But it's not just that Lucas screwed up on casting, directing, plot, or script. He did some of those as well. But nothing about the fall of Anakin was ever going to be as good as what it could have been (anything). Best case scenario for telling these stories is coasting on the current perception, with a real chance of destroying the character. Solo didn't ruin Han or cause Han any real harm unlike Vader and the prequels. But it never had a chance to impress.

To top it off Han already had an arc through the OG Trilogy. Trying to redo his arc isn't going to help.

The way to not screw it up was to not to do it at all. Same with the Boba Fett movie. Instead do the Obi'wan movie.
          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Meh, I disagree. Han was an interesting character that could have stood on his own. That could have been a good movie instead of a cash grab for Disney.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Speaking of cash grab garbage. I watched Oceans 8 the other day.

They could have cast this one like Oceans 11 and it could have been fantastic. Instead it was lazy with a million plot holes.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Comment

• My post may have seemed a bit negative. I didn't dislike Solo. It was a decent movie and I like more Star Wars movies whenever possible. My problem is doing a movie like Solo, which wasn't really needed and it's best case scenario is what we got a semi interesting tale of the background of a familiar character. But the risk to damage to the character was too high personally and they were better off expanding "A Star Wars story" films into something else. Hell Lando and not just because Glover did a fantastic job would have been a great character to do that. Loved, but a character that didn't have a real arc in the movies that could benefit with some increased depth. Han, Vader, Boba Fett, and a handful of others, part of what makes them so great was mysterious backgrounds, the skimming of much larger tales, not the actual tales, those can't ever be as good as we imagine.
                  AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Has anyone watched the Netflix Doc Icarus about the Russian doping scandal? Its a decent watch
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yes.

It is good

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Man, I think it is an amazing story.

I think any other year/political news cycle/administration it would have shocked the world.

But, this year, in terms of relative Russian shenanigans/alleged shenanigans -- it just a blip.

I did love the idea that the guy dedicated two racing season of his life to doping and still got SMASHED. Pretty hilarious. Legalize doping please.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• ehhh, it's really kind of serendipitous:

He wasn't that great, thought he was better than he was -- assumed the disparity was all doping.

Just look at the shots where he is climbing. On a tour. by himself. That alone tells you everything.

So, from the sport aspect -- the documentary would have parodized itself -- he just happened to stumble upon a corruption goldmine.

Comment

Working...
                                X