Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
    Marko....

that, per -G- is: Welcome to the BDLFOTN (Best Damn Lions Forum On The Net)
    It's ok Coop, I knew the abbreviation properly, was just making slight fun of it, I'm sure Panoptes wouldve seen the funny side. Besides, it was nice thinking that maybe Wisefan was sitting at work/home trying to work out my abbreviation. Just for a laugh you understand.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      When did the Lions have a great season?

I seem to have missed that one.
      That's a pretty big eyeball how could you have missed it. Last season was pretty great considering previous seasons. I suspect they'll be better this season.

Comment

• Such optimism may have you branded as an "optimigo".
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas View Post
          2008! The worst greatest season ever!
          Optimingo!
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas View Post
            2008! The worst greatest season ever!
            I was there!
            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by WISEFAN View Post
              That's a pretty big eyeball how could you have missed it. Last season was pretty great considering previous seasons. I suspect they'll be better this season.
              Not great 'til they actually do something meaningful, they're working on it though.

nonetheless, welcome to the forum.
              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                I was there!
                I think Gonz is misinterpreting the definition of great. It doesn't necessarily mean "fantastic".

great: unusually or comparatively large in size or dimensions: A great fire destroyed nearly half the city.

or

great: large in number; numerous: Great lossses of football games piled up for the Lions in 2008.
                It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  When did the Lions have a great season?

I seem to have missed that one.
                  Originally posted by WISEFAN View Post

... they won 12 games (plus a playoff game) back in '91, that was a pretty 'great' season, eh? :D
                  This space intentionally left blank

Comment

• Is your measure of "Great" absolute or relative?
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                      Is your measure of "Great" absolute or relative?
                      Hmmmmmm.

That may be hard for him to answer.

I know I have had some great absolute but would have to think a bit about a great relative.:D
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by SloMotion View Post
                        ... they won 12 games (plus a playoff game) back in '91, that was a pretty 'great' season, eh? :D
                        As was the run to the playoffs in '95 UNTIL the wheels fell off on both playoff games leaving a horrid taste in ones mouth and nullifying the seasons efforts.

Comment

• ^
                          Yup!
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                            Is your measure of "Great" absolute or relative?
                            None of the above more like eminent, the sky is the limit. They are far removed from 0-16 and far above average. Right now I measure them against their past failures not future successes.

Comment

• Right now I measure them against their past failures
                              Then that would be a relative measure. You're comparing them in relation to recent years.

For absolute great you get in the discussion with the Perfect Fins, A couple of the Niner teams, The monsters of the midway Bears, At least a couple of Steeler teams..... you get the drift

Comment

• Originally posted by WISEFAN View Post
                                None of the above more like eminent, the sky is the limit. They are far removed from 0-16 and far above average. Right now I measure them against their past failures not future successes.
                                The sky is not the limit until SACKUS and ROLLOVER are replaced with actual quality players and some top shelf DB's are added to the mix.

Then and only then, MAYBE, the Lions can expect to contend for the big title.

Comment

Working...
                                X