New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
    I've noticed that you guys are like a family and that's great. Hopefully someday I'll become a part of that. I'd like to go to the games and the dinner get togethers you have (assuming they aren't too far away). This seems to be a great Lions forum from what I can tell so far. You guys seem like a great group of people. For the most part, I've enjoyed posting here, but Deb is right that I need to grow thicker skin and not be bothered by things so easily.
    You are one up on alot of people here already, including me. You may have thin skin, but you don't throw a temper tantrum as bad as some, including me. You will be fine. You have already master one skill. Take some heat and move on. ;-)
    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
      I've noticed that you guys are like a family and that's great. Hopefully someday I'll become a part of that. I'd like to go to the games and the dinner get togethers you have (assuming they aren't too far away). This seems to be a great Lions forum from what I can tell so far. You guys seem like a great group of people. For the most part, I've enjoyed posting here, but Deb is right that I need to grow thicker skin and not be bothered by things so easily.
      You can be part of the family. We will adopt you. DanO is a great mother figure. I will be your condescending uncle.8-)

Comment

• If DanO asks for a hug though, it's a trap.
        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• You can be part of the family. We will adopt you. DanO is a great mother figure. I will be your condescending uncle.8) __________________
          This opens it up to "Who is which family member"?
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
            This opens it up to "Who is which family member"?
            Not sure of all of them, but it does seem we have an abundance of red-headed step children.

Comment

• brothers, sisters, cousins, parents, grandparents,

neighborhood types
              The 20 Characters You'll Meet on Every Neighborhood Email List

1. The moderator. This is the person who, if such email groups didn’t exist, would be organizing your neighborhood speed bump petition. People who volunteer to run email groups volunteer to also run things in real life. Online, though, they come in varying management styles, from the moderator who personally approves every message (and deletes many in between), to the hands-off founder who believes you people can police yourselves.

2. The comic. This guy reminds people not to take the neighborhood email group too seriously by writing parodies of the neighborhood email group, on the neighborhood email group. Invariably, some people aren’t quite sure if they’re in on the joke, or the butt of it.

3. The loose cannon. This person is liable at any moment to pepper the email chain with profanity, personal attacks, or links to NSFW YouTube videos wholly unrelated to anything going on in the neighborhood. If your group has a hands-on moderator, you might not know these people exist. If your group is more loosely maintained, this is the person who will eventually force you to unsubscribe after you accidentally open an animated GIF of someone flipping the bird while your boss is in view of your computer screen.

4. The longtime resident. No matter how long you’ve lived in your neighborhood, this person has lived there longer, and will remind you of that fact every chance he or she gets. Favorite phrases include, “You don’t know the half of it,” “Back in my day,” and, “Perhaps it’s time for you to brush up on your local history.”

5. The doubter. This individual is never going to be sure that the existence of the email list is a good idea in the first place. Common concerns include the level of “hostility” often on display, whether the list is “private” enough, whether the list ever accomplishes anything other than clogging up her inbox, and whether local politicians and police officers are paying any attention.

6. The local business owner who is tasteful with his advertising. His bookstore is actually located in the neighborhood, and he limits his advertising – maybe once a month – to the occasions when something serious is on sale.

7. The local-ish business owner who is not. This guy neither lives in the immediate neighborhood nor runs a business that is actually located there. But every time he gets in a new shipment of stationery, he wants to keep people posted.

8. The armchair urban planner. This person is always ready to debate the pending arrival of the new mixed-use Ikea/condo with talking points about “economic development,” “transit corridors” and “walkable urbanism.” If you’re a regular Atlantic Cities reader, this person may be you. Tread lightly: This personality type is among the most sanctimonious characters you’ll encounter on any email group.

9. The lady who always puts awesome stuff out on the curb. Everyone loves when this lady posts. And then the next morning, there is a mad dash to her driveway for fancy steak knives and ‘70s vinyl.

10. The guy who wants you to pay for his crappy stuff. For $20, you can come tomorrow morning between 6:30 and 7 a.m. to collect from his front porch a box of rusted can openers. You can thank him later.

11. The ‘I have no shame’ guy. This man only posts when he wants to crowd-source the answers to personally embarrassing questions like, “Does anyone know of a dry cleaner that can handle really bad armpit stains?” Guys like this are the reason you can’t bring yourself to stop reading. It’s just too good.

12. The dog-poop vigilante. Before email was invented, this person would just have to mutter to himself while walking down the street, “why can’t people pick up after their dogs?!” But now he can broadcast this sentiment to all of his neighbors in a matter of seconds. And he does. IN ALL CAPS.

13. The neighborhood patrol nut. He won’t ever stop preaching to the whole group about how everyone needs to lock their car doors at night. Also, he sometimes sends horribly offensive live safety alerts like, “There is a black man walking down Washington Boulevard right now.”

14. The entitled mom. Chances are, she’s the reason why your neighborhood has an email group in the first place. So she’ll start as many threads about strollers, play dates, or playground maintenance as she damn well pleases, thankyouverymuch. Any suggestion that not everyone on the list is as interested as she is in catering to the whims of her perfect offspring will be met with overt hostility and a stern reminder that you are not spending enough time “thinking of the children.”

15. The entitled pet owner. See above, but substitute “children” for “animals.”

16. The do-gooder. This is the person who organizes the birthday-card campaign in the mailbox of the neighborhood centenarian who doesn’t get out very much. Seek out the rarely-seen-in-the-wild do-gooder in real life and bake her cookies.

17. The lurker. This personality type makes up no less than 86 percent of the subscribers to every group. But it’s unclear exactly how many of these people a) are just on the list for the entertainment value, b) are afraid to write an email to 3,000 strangers or c) are just waiting for someone to offer up fancy steak knives.

18. The “reply all” guy. If Ethel is looking for someone who knows a good antique sewing machine repairman, this individual will respond with the answer… to everyone.

19. The “I agree” guy (a subset of the “reply all” guy). This guy frequently responds to all 10,000 of his neighbors with a two-word contribution to any neighborhood debate: “I agree.” Every now and then, he might also chime in with, “Me, too.”

20. The accidental “reply all” lady. This person meant to reply off-line to a neighbor regarding that recent robbery spate, but instead inadvertently announced to hundreds of strangers that her house at 659 Pitt Street will be empty this coming weekend, Feb. 25-27.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I don't know what the big deal is. I don't know why there's so much controversy around Cap'nBlue.

The only issue I'd question is whether she is just another bandwagoner or whatever... but people here gave me the benefit of the doubt, since I came in after that 4-game streak to end the 2010 season.

I am not a bandwagoner though... I wanted to come back with my old account, "Alpha Lion," but I could not remember the password to it and the e-mail account it was associated with was inaccessible to me because I'd stopped using it and forgotten the password. I have given lots of evidence to MSN that I own that email account, as it was forwarding its emails to another of my accounts until it ran out of space, and I have tried to show to the MSN techs that I have those forwarded emails and I also know old passwords on the account, etc. But to no avail.

Long story rant I know. But as long as the Cap'n sticks with this team through the rough times she's fine with me. You weren't here for the 0-16, were you Cap'n? I believe I remember in your first post you came along later. But you just need to hang tough for whatever this team does, win or lose, there is nothing else you can do. Don't change who you are.
                "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• And CaptainBlue......, don't ever say "enough with the Beatles already"......, you'll be stripped, lashed and bombarded with Beatles, Beatles covers and individual Beatles stuff......., do you really want to hear Paul McCartney after a heated debate? Nope, I didn't think so. In an ideal world....., we would never ever hear the twat.

Cue a "family member" with a Beatle related piece of shit.

You see CaptainBlue........, this is a test.
                  YOU have to post a Beatles song now.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• It's funny that the Beatles were considered to be controversial when they were in their day, but if a band came out like them today with those haircuts and lyrics they'd be considered nerds.
                    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Well it was 48 years ago. When you think they hit the US almost half a century ago it really induces a "holy shit, time flies" feeling

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        And CaptainBlue......, don't ever say "enough with the Beatles already"......, you'll be stripped, lashed and bombarded with Beatles, Beatles covers and individual Beatles stuff......., do you really want to hear Paul McCartney after a heated debate? Nope, I didn't think so. In an ideal world....., we would never ever hear the twat.

Cue a "family member" with a Beatle related piece of shit.

I want to hold your hand.

Comment

• hehe!
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Iron Lion, I'm not a bandwagoner. I started following the Lions and have stuck around through all the bad. I'm just new to this forum. I just recently found it. I used to post at another Lions forum but got kicked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
                              I want to hold your hand.
                              She loves you, ya, ya, ya.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• happiness, is a warm gun!

Comment

Working...
                                X