• Show
Clear All

• "Let him go. He's on a roll... "
    -------------------I did.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!!
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Welcome all
      I don't even know if I am ready to talk about it.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Uhhhh, that would be Honolulu Blue.
        Well we do have a correction...And i am a Painter ha ha ....Damn ,its powder blue if you ask me.
        Better "Lucky" than good sometimes.

Comment

• Powder Blue------LOL.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• If you don't know or can't call the team colors by their correct names, you are hereby defrocked of your Lions fandom.

Turn in your playbook son.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Yeah, like the Lions can afford to lose anymore fans.

Comment

• Hey,

I have come to these forums fairly often over the past two years, decided I would sign up.

I have been a fan basically since I understood the concept of competition. Grew up in Alaska, so I had free rein in choosing my sport team devotion!

Ironically I got into cycling, my interest in football is purely as a spectator.

I know through reading a lot of your posts some of you may react to my user name in a more boisterous manner, but it is completely my *playful* cynicism.

-Kyle.

Comment

• Welcome Kyle.

What is it that did attract you to the Lions?
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Well I was born in 87.

So, Barry Sanders of course!

I learned to like the team as I learned more about the game beyond just hand offs and perpetual shuffles

Comment

• Welcome Kyle
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                        Well I was born in 87.

So, Barry Sanders of course!

I learned to like the team as I learned more about the game beyond just hand offs and perpetual shuffles
                        Interesting. BS could have been the most popular and revered Lion ever but his choice of dates and announcing his retirement, soured a lot of fans.

His wife still does her thing as an anchor for news on weekends here. He still lives in the Metro area also.

He could have built a palace but lives in a modest home not too different from mine.

Comment

• Welcome Kyle, glad to have you!
                          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            Interesting. BS could have been the most popular and revered Lion ever but his choice of dates and announcing his retirement, soured a lot of fans.
                            Yes. It was a bummer. It's easy for a 12 year old to sit on the rationalization, "well he is not old or hurt so why not play more?". However, he was one of the best (I would say best, *biased*) in a decade, all for the lions.

Any way, I am sure all that could have been said about him has already been discussed somewhere in this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                              Yes. It was a bummer. It's easy for a 12 year old to sit on the rationalization, "well he is not old or hurt so why not play more?". However, he was one of the best (I would say best, *biased*) in a decade, all for the lions.

Any way, I am sure all that could have been said about him has already been discussed somewhere in this forum.
                              Who do you think was better, MWMF, Barry or Emmitt?

Comment

• what/who is mwmf?

Well, it does not matter. I would pick Barry over any running back. I think you can make the argument for many great running backs, Barry was just a physical specimen who understood what he was capable of and took advantage. Emmitt was great, obviously, but he would have stayed in Barry's shadow if Barry wasn't gone so early in terms of pure running back discussions. Emmitt was just a productive iron man, Barry was everything football fans hope running back prospects become.

Any way, I dont know enough about older backs (brown, payton). It just seems like its an older era, the playing field was nearly driven by the industry as it was in the nineties. money - competition - technology - science.

Any way, just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X