New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
    All that matters is that you understand Emmit Smith couldn't hold Barry Sanders' jock.
    <taking notes>

Comment

• Saskatchewan is a beautiful place. I went fishing up there with my dad when I was about 11. Drove up to Saskatoon and then took a pontoon plane to Lake Costigan.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by vegomatic View Post
        Thanks, y'all!

It's a weird way of becoming a fan. My CFL team (Saskatchewan Roughriders) is just natural. I know all the lore. The legends, the flakes, the what could have beens and the "what were you thinkings!"

I know 100+ years of my team without having to think about it.

Deciding to be a fan of a team is a lot different. I don't know who to hate and who to love. I don't know the rivalries outside of Wikipedia. I bought a Calvin Johnson jersey when I became a fan but I think my favourite player is Barry Sanders.

My friends teams are Steelers, Vikings, Giants and Patriots. Do we hate them? No idea.

I know the Lions history is... troubled. I'm familiar with that. The Roughriders have spent years in the wilderness. I'm comfortable with futility. I know what it's like to spend *years* looking for a quarterback who knows how to put his helmet on straight.

I also know what it's like to love losers I guess. Players who kicked ass their entire careers and never won it all. Never bitched about it either I suppose, and who came back and settled in the community.

Anyway. Go Lions.
        We hate the packers (lower case p) and all things packer. We never want the Vikings or Bears to win unless they are playing a team that could knock us out of the playoffs or they are playing the packers.

Under normal circumstances never root for a division rival, root for AFC over NFC. Root for teams to win that help the Lions' playoff chances and of course, root against the Cowboys, because fuck the Cowboys.

BTW, Welcome to the hell that is being a Lions fan.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Welcome veg! Its going to be a good year
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
            Yeah, then there'll be three of us posting in that thread! :D
            Superb! And very true. But completely understandable. Like me trying to get into baseball or basketball..., will never happen. Most Americans probably think, "fk that shit!"

And err, "Saskatoon"? Is it really Saskatown but Willie from the Simpsons moved in and changed the name?!

Saskatchewan Roughriders? Is there merchandise for this team? That'd wrap right round a coffee mug!
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Welcome Vitameatavegamin.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Yeah, then there'll be three of us posting in that thread! :D

Welcome to the forum, Veg.
                Excuse me?
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  [emoji38] Superb! And very true. But completely understandable. Like me trying to get into baseball or basketball..., will never happen. Most Americans probably think, "fk that shit!"

And err, "Saskatoon"? Is it really Saskatown but Willie from the Simpsons moved in and changed the name?!

Saskatchewan Roughriders? Is there merchandise for this team? That'd wrap right round a coffee mug!
                  Saskatoon is in Canada.

Comment

• I love it that it's called Saskatoon. Instantly onto the bucket list of places to visit when I retire in 175 years time.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                      Excuse me?
                      *regularly
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                        Welcome Vitameatavegamin.
                        Ha
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          Superb! And very true. But completely understandable. Like me trying to get into baseball or basketball..., will never happen. Most Americans probably think, "fk that shit!"

It is definitely Saskatoon! Anglicized from "mis?skwat?mina," the Cree word for the berries that grow around there. Unrelated to Saskatchewan, believe it or not.

And merchandise? They have put their name and logo on everything under the sun. I have "Saskatchewan Roughriders" windshield washer fluid and I'm not kidding. Clothing, food (so much food,) home decor, vehicles (yes, special Roughrider F150 editions.) The list goes on and on and on.

In a nine team league, the Riders outsell everyone else by a factor of five or six. We have a multi-hundred-million dollar war chest in a league with a 5.15 million salary cap. All the money in the world, and no place to spend it. Canadian money, but still...

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/jFEIVkSHaJU[/ame]
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Saskatchewan is a beautiful place. I went fishing up there with my dad when I was about 11. Drove up to Saskatoon and then took a pontoon plane to Lake Costigan.
                              Very true. I go fishing with my brother every fall at Eulas lake. I leave in ten days.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                Is there a "love" button? Wait. Scratch that.

Comment

Working...
                                X