No announcement yet.

New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep tabs on the Detroit City thread for future get togethers.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Ya, the Governors new budget wants to take tax credits away from the film industry but, he is slashing across the board.
      He also eliminated the business tax. Always good to cut revenue when you're dealing with a huge deficit
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• "What did you guys do in Ypsi last night? I have a friend that just started managing at Sidetrack so I'll be stopping out there at some point."
        ------------------------------------LOL. As Deb said that's where we were. Wish you could have made it.

BTW, I am available for transportation needs to get you too and from mutual events if I can possibly do so.

GO LIONS "11" !
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
          "What did you guys do in Ypsi last night? I have a friend that just started managing at Sidetrack so I'll be stopping out there at some point."
          ------------------------------------LOL. As Deb said that's where we were. Wish you could have made it.

BTW, I am available for transportation needs to get you too and from mutual events if I can possibly do so.

GO LIONS "11" !

Aw tell me now! You have any idea how much that Sub cost? Tut phew.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            Aw tell me now! You have any idea how much that Sub cost? Tut phew.
            I am surprised it stayed down with all the buoyancy on board.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
              He also eliminated the business tax. Always good to cut revenue when you're dealing with a huge deficit
              Eliminating a tax and eliminating a tax credit are two different things.

His theory (which seems somewhat flawed) is that eliminating taxes will bring in business and eliminating tax cuts will increase revenue.

In this case, the business tax does need to go but eliminating the tax credit for movies will cost more than it will make. Simply because no more movies will be made and the other income generated from producing a movie from sales of goods to taxed wages will be lost.

Comment

• The tax credits for movies was working to a T.. .the movie related industry, supplies, services, and studios were growing like crazy. At some point they could reduce those credits when the infrastructure, know-how, and talent, alone became it's own draw, but to cut it down now doesn't seem like a good idea and smells of short term thinking.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  I am surprised it stayed down with all the buoyancy on board.
                  Well with my 8 chins MM, it sunk like a lead balloon!
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    Well with my 8 chins MM, it sunk like a lead balloon!
                    Dude, fat floats!

Comment

Eliminating a tax and eliminating a tax credit are two different things.

His theory (which seems somewhat flawed) is that eliminating taxes will bring in business and eliminating tax cuts will increase revenue.

In this case, the business tax does need to go but eliminating the tax credit for movies will cost more than it will make. Simply because no more movies will be made and the other income generated from producing a movie from sales of goods to taxed wages will be lost.
                      Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                      The tax credits for movies was working to a T.. .the movie related industry, supplies, services, and studios were growing like crazy. At some point they could reduce those credits when the infrastructure, know-how, and talent, alone became it's own draw, but to cut it down now doesn't seem like a good idea and smells of short term thinking.
                      Wrong conversation for this thread as it is political in nature.

No more response from me about what is right or wrong about the climate of the State in this thread.

Comment

Dude, fat floats!

Na no way. Really?

Comment

• Quote:
                          Originally Posted by LionsFanInJapan
                          http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=208162222571590256343.00049d7829b2d6429997c

There, I started it.

Thanks, plotted.
                          I entered mine mine too
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Did we decide that was JD in the background with J-Lo?
                            AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                            2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                            3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                            4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                            5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                            6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                            7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• John Davidson????

Comment

• Originally posted by Islair View Post
                                Did we decide that was JD in the background with J-Lo?
                                Yes we did.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X