New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    I just had to have a wee ironic laugh to myself there Dean......, I have no doubts whatsoever that we'd be made more that welcome by the people of this forum to a Detroit game....., but there are other topics saying it's the 4th murderous city in the USA!! hehehe!! Apologies......., I have no idea why I find that funny.

Franky boy......, you better have a shit hot excuse when you sign back in boyo!
    The BBC site had an article about Detroit not that long ago. I guess the BBC reporter decided to visit Detroit by train (???!!!???!!!). Made for an interesting article.

I agree with what someone else said about the sports areas being relatively safe. I am not from the area but worked at the Det Federal Building nearby and I never had any probs.

But there was one day I screwed up and took the wrong exit and that was kinda scary to be frank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michigan_Saintsfan View Post
      The BBC site had an article about Detroit not that long ago. I guess the BBC reporter decided to visit Detroit by train (???!!!???!!!). Made for an interesting article.

I agree with what someone else said about the sports areas being relatively safe. I am not from the area but worked at the Det Federal Building nearby and I never had any probs.

But there was one day I screwed up and took the wrong exit and that was kinda scary to be frank.
      When nobody was around, it was all dark, broken down buildings everywhere and the only living soul you could see was a naked baby was staring your car down from the middle of the street, you knew you were in for trouble.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• As a matter of fact, it was dark and a number of buildings were broken down as you put it. But it was quite unlike the dark and broken down buildings in the area where there are sports (where I always felt pretty safe). I thought you were just a troublemaker in the politics forum?

Comment

• Well I have aspirations of being more than just a trouble maker in the politics forum. Maybe someday.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• i was at a concert tonight and the girl that played sax was from detroit, i know this has nothing to do with anything, but i just wanted to share she was very good
            http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Was she doing it for the Cro-a-chin peoples?

I will never forget back in the day when Vlade Divac and another NBA player that was from the warring homeland but on opposite political sides said in an NBA interview that he was playing hard "For the Cro-a-chin peoples!".

Never forget it.

It was a sports comment that will live in infamy for me, much like the day when the NFL ref years back said during his penalty call, (paraphrased from long term (lost) memory) "Personal foul. While he was down there, he was giving him the business."

Classic stuff.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I do remember the "giving him the business" penalty. Early 90's?

Comment

• That wasn't that long ago. Not even close. Had to be within the last 10 years if not less.

GO LIONS "11" !
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl-s5O7n95A"]YouTube - Giving'em The Business[/ame]
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't remember the ref's name, but he spoke at a convention I was at a few years ago.
                      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Did Frank Van Dusen ever re-surface and check in to end your guys worry? Not sure if this is the correct thread, didn't want to start a new thread.
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• No to my knowledge Marko.

GO LIONS "11" !
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• No he hasn't.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I saw in the other thread that Pizza Boy texted him with no reply, but he said he was going to go by his work when he got the chance...hopefully everything is ok.
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• My niece lives in the same general area FVD does and I asked her if there have been any reports about someone that works in the pizza business going nuclear on a customer. She told me there have been no such stories.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X