No announcement yet.

New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a positive thing. The game is going global. What do you think of the International Series SLF? I obviously believe its positive as it gets more publicity here and theres a chance to see a big game etc but I can understand why people over there have reservations about it. In a way its putting business before fans.

Comment

• Well this is weird SCOLF. I too got into the lions through a TV show more than likely filmed in LA, but based on Detroit, but that was way back in the early 90's....., been a huge Lions fan ever since, lose, lose or draw........, sorry, that was meant to be win, lose or draw. And I'm also a Hibs fan, gave up my season ticket about 7 years ago tho, prior to that I was a regular for 20 or so years. We are making the relegation battle look good at the moment aren't we with that result against Hamilton? Useless gits. Anyway, good to see another Scot on the board.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• So the joint Lions-Hibs fan club membership stands at 2. They're pretty useless yeah, what I'd give for a draft system in the SPL... What was the tv show?

Its good to see the Scots about, its not what I expected!

Comment

• Even bigger than a draft, how about a salary cap?
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
            Even bigger than a draft, how about a salary cap?
            It has crossed my mind before but its impossible to implement. The NFL is one organisation whilst there are many governing bodies for the other kind of football. If one country's governing body brought in a salary cap they would be putting their clubs at a disadvantage and even if Uefa or Fifa were to do it where you set it most likely wont be fair to anyone. Whilst it may work in England or Spain, in Scotland most teams likely wouldn't be able to afford anywhere near the salary cap in any case.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
              CHRIST!!!!! We're being overtaken by the SCOTTS. :-)

Welcome back Scotty.

GO LIONS "11" !

Hooray Scotts!

Comment

• "Scotty, i need warp speed in 3 minutes or we're all dead!"
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  Well this is weird SCOLF. I too got into the lions through a TV show more than likely filmed in LA, but based on Detroit, but that was way back in the early 90's..

Those days are coming back thanks to the new Gov!:-D

Comment

• SCOLF the show was "Home Improvement" with Tim Allen and the extremely gorgeous Patricia Richardson. Very funny show, absolutely loved it.

JD, your last comment....., can you elaborate more on that?
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      SCOLF the show was "Home Improvement" with Tim Allen and the extremely gorgeous Patricia Richardson. Very funny show, absolutely loved it.

JD, your last comment....., can you elaborate more on that?
                      Michigan enjoyed several years with the designation of "Hollywood East".Tax breaks on the film industry saw a significant number of production companies filming in Michigan. The newly elected Governor has proposed that the new budget eliminates tax breaks for production companies. Filming projects that are not already under way have started seeking elsewhere to film their projects as without the tax incentive, there are other venues that are attracting their business.

The irony here is that last year, the filming industry contributed hundreds of millions to the stagnant economy in Michigan but the new Governor says it cost the taxpayers more in tax breaks to lure the business here than it generates. Many projects that intended to film in Michigan have changed their venue due to the disappearing tax incentive. If the Governor is successful, Michigan will go back to producing zero movies and films.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I think he's way off on that one Malto. Should have left it the way it was.

GO LIONS "11" !
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It just baffles me, especially after the study that showed $6 made for every $1 spent was released. I moved back here to work in film and my timing couldn't have been much worse.

I'll just leave it at that since this may be for a different thread.

The joke was there to be made (from Marko's prior post) so I made it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            I think he's way off on that one Malto. Should have left it the way it was.

GO LIONS "11" !
                            Yup. He claims every dollar spent on tax incentives only returns .37 in revenue. I not only find that hard to believe but do not understand who is behind cooking the numbers to justify the move.

Funny how supposedly spending money on TV commercials brings in $6 for every dollar spent but the hundreds of millions generated just last year by the filming industry represented close to a billion in lost revenue to the State?

I call bullshit!

Nuff politics (although I think it is more economics).
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Hello All:

I'm a brand new Lions fan...

Just 20 years old, but I was born and raised in Oklahoma... Went to college at Oklahoma State and I'm a diehard Cowboy Sports fan (and thus was always a huge Barry Sanders fan). Have never had a favorite NFL team and after looking into all of the teams, I like the direction the Lions are going under Coach Schwartz and am excited about the team's young nucleus... I know that the Lions have had a rough past decade and even a history... But I am also a big Chicago Cubs fan and therefore know what it takes to love a team that disappoints you. I also am a big Oklahoma City Thunder fan... and am a sports enthusiast of all sorts.

But anyways... I wanted to jump right into this being a Lions fan so I joined this board and look forward to the conversation / education that I'll take place in here.

GO LIONS!
                              BARRY SANDERS The Best COWBOY ever... The Best LION ever... The BEST ever PERIOD.

Comment

• Cubs fans are the worst.

But I like your attitude.

I am a Kevin Durant fan.

Though the Pistons are always first in my heart.

Welcome
                                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Working...
                                X