New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKLionsfan View Post
    Welcome, and we hope the Lions will win 10 as well. Huge part of that depends on Stafford's health and that the D line can make up for the current deficiencies at DB(pre FA of course).

Props to the Saints for becoming a consistant playoff teams.
    That's your ownly downfall right now is the secondary. But you guys should be able to make some moves in free agency, whenever it starts.

You guys might want to look at Darren Sharper. Im hoping he stays with us, but 3rd year pro Malcolm Jenkins has solidified himself in the FS position, and now that Sharper is healthy again he says he thinks he wants to start if the situation in right.

No Sharper is not a spring chicken anymore, but he football IQ is off the chart and the ball always has a way of finding his hands. He would be a great guy for you guys to bring in to help solidify that back. Jonathan Joeseph would also be a great grab. I wouldn't jump into the Nnamdi sweepstakes, too much money and he is on the wrong side of 30.

Comment

• welcome whodat.

There is cautious optimism with our team that for the first time in over a decade feels real. We have definite holes in the secondary, hoping Mayhew has a plan for when FA opens in a matter of days.
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
        welcome whodat.

There is cautious optimism with our team that for the first time in over a decade feels real. We have definite holes in the secondary, O-line and at the LB positions, hoping Mayhew has a plan for when FA opens in a matter of days.
        FIFY
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
          "I have a "Duke" football from a Packers/Lions game from back then when field goals were kicked without nets."
          ----------------------Damn you're old. :-)

Lots of my Packer fan friends loved watching Barry play.

GO LIONS "11" !
          Haha DanO, not as old as some though.
          Not surprising lots of Packer fans loved watching Barry play. I remember for years Bears fans talking about "Sweetness". Yep, he was great, but nobody that I can remember in my life was so freakishly talented and so classy as Barry.
          I used to get goose bumps when he'd spin on dimes, make DBs miss in the open field, run for a TD and hand the ball to the ref like he's been there. I said he's top 5 but he's #1 of running backs in my lifetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
            Welcome Rodgers. I apologize in advance for the humiliation our D-Line is going to put on your QB for the next several seasons.

On the flip side, I still root for Charles Woodson, just not against the Lions.
            Thanks JD. Don't apologize. You think anybody is going to apologize for the years that boneheaded upper management screwed up a great organization like the Lions?
            Humiliation is a strong word, let's let our new O-line compete and see. I think you will be surprised.
            My son in law is from Cleveland and I always pick on him reminding him that AJ Hawk is "good" but CWood is "HOF". Please don't forget Greg Jennings is from Western Michigan and also, the Packers had another Michigan Heisman winner in Desmond Howard who was Super Bowl XXXI MVP.
            Please let's just get some darned football going. I'm so eager to see the new Lions. Will root for them over anybody except the Pack of course.

Comment

• The new O-line compete?

You are new aren't you?

The Lions are not interested in competition at LT and C.

Been the problem since 2001.

Comment

• He's talking about the Packer OL Gonz.

GO LIONS "11" !
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  He's talking about the Packer OL Gonz.

GO LIONS "11" !
                  Doh!

I'm all for talking PACKER football, here.

Comment

• Originally posted by bornnraisedwhodat View Post
                    That's your ownly downfall right now is the secondary. But you guys should be able to make some moves in free agency, whenever it starts.

You guys might want to look at Darren Sharper. Im hoping he stays with us, but 3rd year pro Malcolm Jenkins has solidified himself in the FS position, and now that Sharper is healthy again he says he thinks he wants to start if the situation in right.

No Sharper is not a spring chicken anymore, but he football IQ is off the chart and the ball always has a way of finding his hands. He would be a great guy for you guys to bring in to help solidify that back. Jonathan Joeseph would also be a great grab. I wouldn't jump into the Nnamdi sweepstakes, too much money and he is on the wrong side of 30.
                    I'll just go out on a limb and guess that Lions fans know who Sharper is. I hope he learns to be humble and stays put one more year.

Oh yeah and welcome!

Comment

• Go Team!

Rah rah..rickety rack and so on... OK.. so I'm not a leading candidate for the cheerleading squad..plus my old legs probably wouldn't look to good on calendars unless you have a death wish for ugly.

I know.. You're gonna hate me so get it out of your systems.. call me an asshole..I have reptile skin..I can take it..

I'm actually a fan of that OTHER team trying to find it's way back from the wilderness of NFL purgatory...You know.. the I-75 curse of death team..... We share long suffering sentiments folks..
                      If the OTHER team crumbles again as I predict I'm fully prepared to become a full fledged ship jumper and change big cat loyalties in favor of the badass defense of the Lions plus my long time ex wife (who I still love with all my heart..what's left of it) is from Detroit so we jointly followed the Lions as they won.. well, what did they win back then?
                      Well, the Tigers won a few world series so we were both fans of the Lions and that OTHER team with the owner who has football knowledge of furniture polish..

I have another reason to tell them to go pound sand..Those bastards banned me from their site for "naughty words" unfavorable to their fantasies.. bunch of self righteous pricks..:-x

Comment

• Uh...Welcome...?
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Damned.. I was expecting a good tongue (or text) thrashing... Uhh.. thanks?

Comment

• Didn't quite make out what team you are a fan of.

Have some more of whatever it is you're drinking today and see if you can clarify for the masses.

With that said, welcome?

Comment

• Ahhhhh, Welcome, Mart.

I have you on record as being a bandwagon fan.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• It's our fitst one Ma!

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X