No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm waiting a couple of days on a name to learn his personality some. He is a 4 month old Chocolate Lab, adopted from an omish farm. He was the last of 3 brothers in a litter to be adopted.

Leaving with me was his first car ride. It took about 15 minutes for him to decide that he did NOT require nor would he accept his own seat. My lap was just fine for him. Unlike my first puppy in like 1995, he had no apparent anxiety leaving home, or really any adjustment period. He is just like.... 'You're my guy!'.

Because he is omish, when he first saw my television, I can only describe his face as amazed. My daughter was home over the weekend from college, so she had a super surprise, and they had a slumber party last night.

This little guy is just super cool, and so eager to please.

I was still feeling sad about my last dog's passing. You know, his last 8 months or so he was blind, and had mobility issues, and sadly his personality was muted a lot of that time, so I felt like I had been missing him for a lot longer than the last few weeks. I planned on adopting an adult dog. Every other animal I have had since my first dog in '95 has been a rescue. But I just couldn't resist this guy. Starting a great adventure.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• That is fantastic! You have a new friend for many years to come

Comment

• what part of Amish country did you find him? Ohio or Pennsylvania?
        Forever One!

Comment

• Indiana - Shipshewana area (sp?). Maybe menonite (again sp?)?
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
            I'm waiting a couple of days on a name to learn his personality some. He is a 4 month old Chocolate Lab, adopted from an omish farm. He was the last of 3 brothers in a litter to be adopted.

Leaving with me was his first car ride. It took about 15 minutes for him to decide that he did NOT require nor would he accept his own seat. My lap was just fine for him. Unlike my first puppy in like 1995, he had no apparent anxiety leaving home, or really any adjustment period. He is just like.... 'You're my guy!'.

Because he is omish, when he first saw my television, I can only describe his face as amazed. My daughter was home over the weekend from college, so she had a super surprise, and they had a slumber party last night.

This little guy is just super cool, and so eager to please.

I was still feeling sad about my last dog's passing. You know, his last 8 months or so he was blind, and had mobility issues, and sadly his personality was muted a lot of that time, so I felt like I had been missing him for a lot longer than the last few weeks. I planned on adopting an adult dog. Every other animal I have had since my first dog in '95 has been a rescue. But I just couldn't resist this guy. Starting a great adventure.
            He's just gorgeous - may he have a healthy, long life with you and your family!!
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

Indiana - Shipshewana area (sp?). Maybe menonite (again sp?)?
              Nice area for a day trip.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Yea, just don't make a wrong turn and end up at Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                  what part of Amish country did you find him? Ohio or Pennsylvania?
                  Amish Mafioso territory
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Looking after my son's two beagle mixes while he is traveling. Here is Abby. She's a sweetheart.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Awww!!
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                        Looking after my son's two beagle mixes while he is traveling. Here is Abby. She's a sweetheart.
                        Mother Abbey?
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Mother Abbey?

Comment

Happy National Puppy Day.

I found out that is actually a thing.....

weirdly, I found out after I met a new friend today........

buddy.jpg
                            Looks like trouble.

Comment

Indiana - Shipshewana area (sp?). Maybe menonite (again sp?)?
                              Shipshewana is Amish, or at least has a large Amish community.

Comment

• Congrats dpatnod. She looks like a sweetie!
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X