No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My kid is at that age where she is begging like a champion beggard for a "puppy".

Kid still can't be trusted to wipe her own behind properly without an adult check while continuing to proclaim that she will take on all the duties of owning a dog.

Chaaa.........right

I had severaldogs growing up but none of them were "mine". The first ones were there when I was born and down the road, they were to keep my mother company as all us boys were out of the house for most hours of the day/night. I hated nothing more than picking up after a dog. A dog that wasn't even my favorite kind of dog.

There is just something not right about a human (the alleged smartest mammal on mother earth) picking up another creatures turds.

Sorry.......not happening anytime soon.
    Last edited by Panoptes; April 6, 2011, 12:08 PM.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• communist
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Thoughts and prayers are with you and Sonny Deb.

GO LIONS "11" !
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It works out well if they are taught where to do their duty and the area is prepared for easy cleanup but this comes with basic training just like house training.

Read: Sand or mini pebbles work best. Cats love the sand, dogs seem to prefer the pebbles.

It does not work well if they are allowed to go wherever they want to .
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Believe it or not there are actually services that pick up the dog crap for you if you find it detestable or are handicapped
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Service Here If Time Cant Lend Every Available Nanosecond Each Day
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                Believe it or not there are actually services that pick up the dog crap for you if you find it detestable or are handicapped
                Traveling with a pet dog (we camp a lot) and just plain old daily walks require picking up after your pooch.

No thanks.

Comment

• I'm glad yo recognize the need to pick it up at least.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                    I'm glad yo recognize the need to pick it up at least.
                    I'm still waiting to catch whatever neighbor(s) are letting their dog(s) do their business on my tiny patch of grass we call a front lawn.

I keel dem

Comment

• I remember watching a stand-up show (can't for the life of me think of who it was though) where they said that if aliens were actually observing the earth they'd think dogs were in charge, because they'd see humans walking behind with little bags picking up their poop.
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                        I remember watching a stand-up show (can't for the life of me think of who it was though) where they said that if aliens were actually observing the earth they'd think dogs were in charge, because they'd see humans walking behind with little bags picking up their poop.
                        Saw that too and it weighs heavily on my strong stance against pets that need their business picked up by humans. Just not going to do it.

Comment

• That's any pet save a pet rock

Comment

• My pooches now that they've learned to get along (and the large bare spot on my yard

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5VLFh8EvKA"]YouTube - 4-13 Remmy N Charlie[/ame]

Comment

• I made a mental note when you posted this to come back when I wasn't at work to view. Looks like they're fabulous friends now! I liked it early in the clip where they seemed to rub against eachother's heads. Very sweet.

They look so happy.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• They are really easing in to a cool friendship. However, when he's hyped up he still reverts to the theory of her as a chew toy but he's learning. He's a little past 1 and super smart. He's actually going to be a bit of a challenge to keep him occupied so he doesn't get bored and start wrecking stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X