No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought it was time i joined this thread.
    This is Bella, she's 5 months old now and our first pup.
    Great fun but we have to watch her like a hawk if we let her off the lead.
    If that nose goes down.........look out!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Welcome Cleggy, beautiful pup! Does she bark with an English accent?

Comment

• Nice pup Cleggy! Does she have the Beagle howl?
        BTW, she is just sitting on her lead, right?
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• A really deep plummy English bark. She knows she's better than us!!!
          I love her howl, luckily she doesn't use it too much.

Comment

• My friend rescued a four year old Beagle from being put down at a shelter recently. The dog has been wonderful - very sweet with no behavior problems at all. They sure are cuties! Congrats on Bella!!
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thanks all - she has a great temperament and is great with the kids.
              It amazes me that she will only play rough with me.
              Apart from our poor rabbit that gets chased round the garden, sat on and licked!
              I was never really a doggy person, but I have to say I was pretty quickly won over.
              Yes Tony, she is sitting on the lead
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Cleggy; September 6, 2011, 06:36 AM. Reason: Photo added

Comment

• She's adorable! I wanted a beagle so badly, but my daughter has a pretty severe dog allergy, so we had to go with a fru-fru hypoallergenic breed. Oh well, our Maggie is a cutie too, and has turned out to be a really good dog.
                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• I'm probably being an idiot but what breed is a "fru-fru" (google was not my friend ;-))
                  One problem we are having is car travel - she only has to look at the car and she develops a drool moustache that fu manchu would be proud of!

Comment

• fru fru is an adjective which sort of means dainty or with overly feminine overtones.

Men drinking cocktails with umbrellas in them is considered to be drinking fru-fru drinks.

here's a little help...

Urban Dictionary: fru fru

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fru%20fru -
                    1. very decorated or girly in nature 2. lacy or frilly in nature.

For dogs, think Shitzus or Bichon Frises with bows in their hair
                    Last edited by Tony G; September 6, 2011, 09:14 AM.
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Thanks Tony - sounds like we're getting in Miami territory here!
                      A friend of ours has a Jack Russell/Chihuahua cross - a Jackuahua I'm told.
                      Looks like a mini Doberman but definately "fru-fru"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleggy View Post
                        Thanks Tony - sounds like we're getting in Miami territory here!
                        A friend of ours has a Jack Russell/Chihuahua cross - a Jackuahua I'm told.
                        Looks like a mini Doberman but definately "fru-fru"
                        Welcome to Miami. Please enjoy you're GAY!!!
                        Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• lol Cleggy. My dog is a Havanese, they look very similar to Maltese & Bichons. Here is a picture of her frolicking at Lake Michigan this summer.
                          Attached Files
                          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• "Thanks all - she has a great temperament and is great with the kids.
                            It amazes me that she will only play rough with me."

-----------------------------It always amazes me that dogs, at least the breeds I've been associated with, understand the difference between a child and an adult.

GO LIONS "11" !
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• A friend of ours has a Jack Russell/Chihuahua cross - a Jackuahua I'm told.
                              My sister has a dog purportedly of the same breed mix. The dog is fine enough by itself but it seems to think that any other dog is a threat and therefore must be eaten whole. Her smooth fox terriers have borne the brunt of this cannibalistic minded devil dog to the tune of over $1000 in emergency vet bills over 2 years. She seems to think she can change the dogs behavior. Right now the evil doer has to wear a muzzle with any other animals

Comment

• UGH! My lab was sitting on my sofa next to me just now, Suddenly she looked a bit odd in the face. Two quick convulsive hiccups, probably one to prime the pump and one to set things in motion, and the next thing I knew she threw up all over the sofa and me. She got me from the shoulder down!
                                BLECCCH! DIS-FUCKING-GUSTING!

Comment

Working...
                                X