Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trZnE34_fgw"]Cat-lift - YouTube[/ame]

The elevator is fully operated by the cat.
    the cabin is fitted with an infrared catflap, only the domestic cat has access.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Very cool, thanks for tracking that down!
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• We lost our faithful friend Maggie to a coyote or some other predator last night. Very very sad day for all of us. I kept my kids home from school for a day of mourning, but I don't know what else to do to help ease their pain, or mine for that matter. Dammit.
        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Wow. You don't expect that to happen. You live in Indiana, not Montana, right? Very sorry to hear of your loss Kay.

Comment

• Thanks Bim. Yes, Indiana. There are wetlands and woods along our backyard, and I have heard rumors of coyotes out there but I've never seen one myself. Poor pooch.
            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Wow, get the shotgun out and hunt that critter down, Kay.

That is hard for kids.

Sorry for your family's loss.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Sorry for you loss, Kayrone.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That really sucks Kay. Sorry for your loss.
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Thanks everyone. The kids are dealing with it very differently, but both seem to want to get another dog right away. Not sure if I can bring myself to do that for a little while, or if that is the right thing to do. My daughter has dog allergies, so it isn't like we can just go to the pound and adopt anyone we see; we will have to do quite a bit of due diligence first. Sigh.

Comment

• I've gone with quick replacement when it's a sudden passing and usually more time to mourn when it's an end of life issue. The sudden ones happen so fast there isn't a build up of sadness and loss like when you know the time is coming.

Comment

• Oh goodness, that's terrible. So sorry. :(

Getting another dog was the only thing that helped me stop thinking about losing my other one constantly. I vote to get another. But what's to stop this other thing from hurting the new dog also?
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• So sorry to hear that Kayrone. That's terrible.

Comment

• But what's to stop this other thing from hurting the new dog also?
                            There are dogs that are great family dogs that can take care of themselves. I don't know how big Kay's dog is but a smaller dog would either have to be watched and not let out of sight or fenced in.

Comment

• I'm sorry Kay. I know how you are feeling. Our lab (shadow) died at the beginning of the month. One day he was healthy and a week later full blown liver failure dead. It was so sad and the house is super lonely without him.

When our other dog died a few year back we replaced him right away and I think that was a mistake. We were just constantly disappointed that Nicky wasn't Harvey. It wasn't fair to little Nick and we are all just getting to know him now.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Liver failure? Was it a tainted food issue? How sad. I'm sorry. :(

When I got Reba last year, the first day or two was full of disappointment that she was not Sonny. If I hadn't been four hours away from where I adopted her, I probably would have given her back after that first night. But after those first few days, I fell in love and she's been a wonderful dog. I'm so grateful I have her.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X