No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the way they think! "If I sit nice on my "bye bye" seat, we will surely go bye bye!"

Reba recently learned that she gets a lot of attention from me when she rolls on to her back and sticks her legs up in the air. Picture a 75-pound Golden doing this, if you can. Fur is going every which way and she looks so silly. Makes me laugh so hard and I rub her tummy.

Anyways, she's taken to doing this as a surprise now. In the morning, I'll get up, hop on the PC to check up on things while she waits in the hallway. As soon as she hears me stand up from the PC, she'll be on her back waiting for me to round the corner of my office. Surprise!! lol
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• awesome Deb.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• My Maggie didn't like to ride in cars - I always thought that was odd.

Anyway, on a happier note, we have reserved a puppy! we went with the same breed again (havanese) since my daughter's allergies are so severe, and we already know that she can handle this breed. But we decided to go with a male this time and he is black and white and is so freaking cute that I go into a diabetic coma every time I look at his picture! We can't have him for a few weeks because he is so tiny, but I am already smitten. I tried to find an older one so that I didn't have to relive the whole housebreaking thing all over again, but had no luck with that at all - they were either not good with kids or in a completely different part of the country. Oh well, at least this time I have an idea what the hell I'm doing - I was flying blind with Maggs and it all worked out in the end. :-).

Anyway, I will try to get a picture that I can post so you can see that sweet little face, too.
        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Here he is, although this might be too small to see very well...
          Attached Files
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• And FTR we will probably fence in the backyard in the spring before we ever let him out without a leash. I'm not going thru that again!

Comment

• Oh my goodness! What a cutiepie!!!
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                  My Maggie didn't like to ride in cars - I always thought that was odd.

Anyway, on a happier note, we have reserved a puppy! we went with the same breed again (havanese) since my daughter's allergies are so severe, and we already know that she can handle this breed. But we decided to go with a male this time and he is black and white and is so freaking cute that I go into a diabetic coma every time I look at his picture! We can't have him for a few weeks because he is so tiny, but I am already smitten. I tried to find an older one so that I didn't have to relive the whole housebreaking thing all over again, but had no luck with that at all - they were either not good with kids or in a completely different part of the country. Oh well, at least this time I have an idea what the hell I'm doing - I was flying blind with Maggs and it all worked out in the end. :-).

Anyway, I will try to get a picture that I can post so you can see that sweet little face, too.

Havaneese?

Must be part Malteese.

What is the Havan part?
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The Havanese, a breed of Bichon type, is the national dog of Cuba, developed from the now extinct Blanquito de la Habana ("little white dog of Havana"). The Blanquito descended from the also now extinct Bichon Tenerife. It is believed that the Blanquito was eventually cross-bred with other Bichon types, including the Poodle, to create what is now known as the Havanese. Sometimes referred to as "Havana Silk Dogs," this was originally another name for the Blanquito de la Habana.

The Havanese is small in size and sturdy in structure with a tail carried over its back and ears that drop and fold. The coat is abundant, long, and silky and comes in all colors. The Havanese has a spirited personality and a curious disposition, and is notable for its springy gait, a characteristic that distinguishes the breed from all others.[2] The Havanese is considered an ideal family pet and a true companion dog. They are highly adaptable to almost any environment, and their only desire is to be with their human companions. Because of their strong social needs, Havanese will not thrive in an environment where they are isolated for several hours each day.

History

The Havanese is a member of the Bichon family of dogs. The progenitors of the breed are believed to have come from Tenerife. Ship manifests from Tenerife bound for Cuba list dogs as passengers brought aboard, and these dogs were most probably the dog of Tenerife. Some believe the entire Bichon family of dogs can be traced back to the Tenerife dog, while others theorize that the origins are in Malta, citing the writings of Aristotle, and other historical evidence of the early presence of such dogs in Malta. Whatever the actual origins of Bichon dogs, these little dogs soon became devoted companions to the Spanish colonists in Cuba and were highly admired by the nobility.[2]

As part of the Cuban Revolution, upper-class Cubans fled to the United States, but few were able to bring their dogs. When American breeders became interested in this rare and charming dog in the 1970s, the US gene pool was only 11 dogs.[4]
                    Last edited by Tony G; February 1, 2013, 04:56 PM.
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Some believe the entire Bichon family of dogs can be traced back to the Tenerife dog, while others theorize that the origins are in Malta, citing the writings of Aristotle, and other historical evidence of the early presence of such dogs in Malta.
                      Really?

This means early writings acknowledge the origin but, not the real history the breeders want you to believe?

I wonder why someone would want to re-write history..........ooops, never mind.

Viva la Malta!
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Very interesting tony, that was more than I knew. They look much more like Maltese than Bichons though, so I'm going with Malta!

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBluUZ4NnZg"]Golden Loves Guitar !! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• And we have a pooch!

Comment

• Awesome!!! Name? Breed?

Comment

• Another havanese, a sweet little 8 week old boy. I think we are going with Loki, god of mischief. Seems appropriate ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X