Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    You should adopt an older one. A puppy will require lots of exercise and activity for the first couple of years. If you provide enough of this and appropriate chewing toys, they won't destroy your stuff.

My 11 year old Golden Retriever is very happy to lay around, however.
    I don't think I would be able to deal with a puppy of any breed or religion. Our dog has always been chill and quiet. I don't mind a dog being a dog but lazy and cynical is perfect. Condescending would be a bonus.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• ^

Ewww

You are a cat person
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        ^

Ewww

You are a cat person
        BS! I hate stupid, apathetic, loser pussycats.

go lions.

Comment

• cynical condescending dogs only happen in movies
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• THE FAITHFUL BIRD
            When a sparrow was clipped by a car's antenna and mortally injured, this series of shots was taken as its companion brought her food and tried to comfort her.
            When the companion returned from getting more food, the female had died.
            The companion bird then tried to move its mate and cried in despair as it realized that its companion was gone.
            According to the photographer, the bird stayed with its dead mate for hours before finally flying away.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
              cynical condescending dogs only happen in movies
              So next you are going to say that getting one to dunk a basketball so I can have friends is out of the question?

Thanks Scrooge McGrinch.

Comment

• I have a old friend of mine I dated (way) long time ago on FB - She has a dog who looks a lot like my Buster only bigger and heaver and he's 18 years old. Sad news tonight they (her husband and her) will be putting him down, they are waiting for her son to come home on leave from the Navy this week. This sucks, she said that her husband is devastated (im guessing that's him in the pic petting their dog), and noted she wouldn't never ask who he loves better. :-(

Last edited by WingsFan; December 10, 2013, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  I have a old friend of mine I dated (way) long time ago on FB - She has a dog who looks a lot like my Buster only bigger and heaver and he's 18 years old. Sad news tonight they (her husband and her) will be putting him down, they are waiting for her son to come home on leave from the Navy this week. This sucks, she said that her husband is devastated (im guessing that's him in the pic petting their dog), and noted she wouldn't never ask who he loves better. :-(

RIP fella.

Comment

• Just posted another pic, looks about 10 pounds bigger than Buster. Poor guy :-(

Comment

• Should add TV Series "Incredible Hulk" music to the Sparrow story up there ^......, Fuck, everyone will be bawling their eyes out!
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Im already bawling my eyes out, I don't know that guy, but at least his wife didn't give him shit for loving his buddy like mine did.

Comment

• Now let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here, WF. We know nothing about the dead bird. All we know is she was clipped by an antenna and slowly died. The bloke sparrow probably couldn't contemplate life without her so he desperately tried to save her. But if the truth were known......., she was probably a fucking bitch. Just hoping he doesn't go to the mall and throw himself off the 7th floor.

Which opens a new discussion. Can a bird commit suicide by throwing itself from a high height? I can only imagine it'd plummet like a stone and then at the last second say, "OHHHHH SHIIIIT, NO, FK THAT!" Then open its wings. I don't know. Maybe taking a day off was a bad idea.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Just hoping he doesn't go to the mall and throw himself off the 7th floor.

Can't take malls, but giving my wife the credit card so I can watch football is peace turned out to be one of my - not so good- decisions. Ok see you later honey!

Comment

• Well, we had a real problem with doggy yesterday.

I took her for our usual walk and stopped in the front yard to make some adjustments to the Christmas decorations. While I was adjusting the decorations, doggy backed out of her harness and decided to take a romp in the neighborhood.

Fortunately, she headed in the direction I usually take her for her walks and I caught up to her in a fenced in area (Toddler Park) at the end of my block. My next door neighbor was coming home from work and saw her take off and he came to assist in retrieving her.

He blocked the entrance to the park while I tried to corner doggie. I may have mentioned this before but, unlike any other dog I have ever had, she can not be trusted to follow verbal commands and walk without a leash. I have a 25' leash that allows her some freedom but also keeps her reigned in.

Well, after chasing her around for 15 minutes in the freezing temps, she made a mad dash right between my neighbors legs to make it out of the park and headed off on her own.

I attempted to summon her with all of the verbal commands that I know she knows but she would have none of it, she was free!

I called Tailgunner to inform him she was loose in the neighborhood and he immediately lashed out at me for not trying to chase her down. Fact is, she is too nimble and speedy for me and chasing her would only drive her further from the house rather than her circling back and staying in familiar territory.

She is very familiar with the neighborhood because we take a different route every day.

After about 30 minutes of being loose she was spotted in the yard across the street from us. We went out to retrieve her only to have her take off again in a game of catch me if you can.

30 minutes later Tailgunner came home and started cursing at everyone in the household for not scouring the streets and still chasing her. He grabbed her leash and while storming out of the house, I said "Good Luck" to which he responded "Fuck You!".

He did return with her about 20 minutes later. This morning I read a couple of scathing remarks about us by his girlfriend on Facebook.

I guess doggie isn't going to be taken for a walk by me for a long time to come.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That sucks Mark. Sorry to hear it

Comment

Working...
                                X