No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyQiPWufjwU"]What my Beagle does when we aren't home - YouTube[/ame]
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Beagles are evil!
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• My dog is not nearly that smart, but still, I'm glad we still crate him when we aren't home.

I think beagles are ADORABLE, but my daughter's allergies can't handle their dander. It's a good thing or I probably would have ended up with one.
        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• My dog is not nearly that smart, but still, I'm glad we still crate him when we aren't home.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Didn't look like a beagle to me but, that is one smart doggie.

Obviously, the toaster oven is used a lot in that household.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• @ that kitchen dog. Make yourself at home son.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• " I'm glad we still crate him when we aren't home."
                -----------------------------interesting. I always found throwing a dog into a small cage for numerous hrs., deplorable.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• That reminds me of Shadow. He did that stuff.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Have you ever crate trained a dog? The crate becomes a safe, happy place for them. Of course a dog who isn't crate trained would not enjoy it.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                      " I'm glad we still crate him when we aren't home."
                      -----------------------------interesting. I always found throwing a dog into a small cage for numerous hrs., deplorable.
                      I too, have had a problem with crating dogs.

I do know many who do, even at advanced ages of the dogs because that has become the dogs space and they are uncomfortable anywhere else.

Some dogs love it, others detests it.

I have a doggie that detests it.

Not all doggies do, and it is a good method when the doggie is acclimated to it and can be a bit of an explorer when you are gone for a long time.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• No Deb. Wouldn't think of it. Dogs don't need to be in a crate.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• There us nothing cruel about a crate. The crate becomes their home and place of comfort.

All of our indoor dogs were crate trained when I was a kid

I had a Lab quite a few years ago and when he was a pup, I didn't want to spend the $$ on a crate. I was talking to my father about it and he said "A crate is cheaper than a pair of shoes". I went out and got a crate. It only took a few days for the dog to get used to it and he loved it after that. We left it open when we were home and he would go into it an lay down when he'd had enough of us.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            No Deb. Wouldn't think of it. Dogs don't need to be in a crate.
                            Weren't you the one who left his dog tied out in the yard when you had to work? A crate would have been a much safer and humane place for your dog, assuming he could adjust to it.

I have only crate trained puppies. After a certain age, they are trusted with free reign over the house when I'm not around. Mine have never shown any interest in operating toaster ovens, though! lol
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              Weren't you the one who left his dog tied out in the yard when you had to work? A crate would have been a much safer and humane place for your dog, assuming he could adjust to it.

I have only crate trained puppies. After a certain age, they are trusted with free reign over the house when I'm not around. Mine have never shown any interest in operating toaster ovens, though! lol
                              We always put our dog in the crate when we weren't home. When we were getting ready to leave he would go to to the door and we would either get the leash or tell him"You're not invited" and he would go get in his crate.

Comment

• The dog thinks of it as his den, which is a natural haven for them
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X