No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great picture, Tony. It brings back memories of the golden we had when I was growing up. I remember her face getting a lot of white whiskers in it too towards the end.
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I noticed a couple of Corgis in the scroll though this one. That might be my next one. To the owners of said Corgis (or others) how was it as a family type inside dog?
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• My Yellow Lab in the snow

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zim1mELB-Hc"]YouTube - Remmy deeper snow 2-2-2011[/ame]
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Red, My Golden from last winter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52pe0Zhng7g"]YouTube - Red-2010-01-13-15-27-09.3gp[/ame]

Comment

• Awww such sweeties. I have a similar video of Sonny trying to find his ball in 2 feet of snow up in Ludington.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Nice video Tony.

My hounds refuse to play fetch. They will race after a ball, but will stay out in the yard with it. Or if they bring it back they will stop 15 ft in front of me and drop it there, expecting me to chase it.
              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• I now have two dogs! :-D
                Charlie has come to stay with us. He's a very laid back Border collie mix who stands as tall at the shoulder as Remmy, my yellow lab, but half as wide. He's a year old and from all indications will keep Remmy on her toes. They are already camping out next to each other on the dog bed so it looks like a good fit.

Upon further review, he?s got some romp in him when he?s outside. Here?s two videos I took today

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZExKjUeUGc"]YouTube - Remmy - Charlie's latest chew toy![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9qDoB6C2ts"]YouTube - Charlie Teaches Remmy Keep Away.[/ame]

Comment

• The woman I got my dog from was pretty tore up about giving him up so I wrote her an e-mail "from the dog"

Momma Dawn,
                  I am telling this to my new human so he will type you out an e-mail. I tried to do it myself but the keys are too small for my paws. He said I should let you know I?m ok and to thank you for all you did for me.

The first thing I got to do with my new human was go for a car ride! You know how I love them, so that was cool. Then we got to a house and I got a nice surprise. A big blonde dog babe lives here also! Hubba hubba! She?s so big she would normally be out of my weight class but like Sir Mixalot says, ?I like big butts and I cannot lie!? We ran around for a while and it was great fun. We went inside the new place and it had many smells and rooms for me to explore. The new human seemed kind of anxious about whether I?d ?do some business? inside the house. As if! You taught me better than that! (Let me tell you, he?s very nice but nowhere near as nice to look at as you are!) He must have stopped worrying about me going inside because he let me sleep in the bed with him and the hot babe dog.

It was very cool to see my toys at the new house and I love to sleep on my big dog blanket! The human was nice enough to fold it into a dog bed the same size as the blonde dog babe?s so we can hang out together on our own pads.

There are no small humans to play with here so that?s a bummer. I loved running and playing with them. I miss my small humans very much but the dog babe keeps me on the move.

The rest has been a whirlwind. We go out and play twice a day. The human says not to get too used to that since he "took vacation" and will ?go back to work? (whatever that means) and not be around as much. It sounds like I get to score some alone time with the dog babe! Hubba Hubba! We run and I tease her with her ball and we all have a good time. At first I tried to just grab on to her fur to get her attention but that didn?t seem to work so well. Plus the human yelled at me to stop it when I did that. All it seemed to do was make the dog babe run away so I?m giving that up. The human went and got some more toys for both of us. The dog babe seemed to think they all belonged to her. Oy! Women! Fortunately the human makes sure we both have them and makes her share.

Well that?s about all there is to say about the new place and my new human. I did want to thank you for getting me out of the shelter and saving my life. I know that place had some kind people but I never want to go there again!

Thanks for everything and I?ll remember your kindness the rest of my life,
                  Charlie

Comment

• That's great Tony. I'm sure she'll really appreciate that.

GO LIONS "11" !
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Very sweet, Tony. Hope that Remmy adjusts well to Charlie. He seems like he may annoy her a bit right now lol.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thanks Deb, How's Sonny doing?

Comment

• I see how I rate. :-)

GO LIONS "11" !
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Sorry DanO, Thanks to you also

Comment

• His appetite is not great, but he's doing pretty good otherwise. What used to take him 3 minutes to eat now takes him half a day. But he is eating it, at least.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Great email Tony. I like the name Remmy.
                                "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

Working...
                                X