No announcement yet.

I wanted to inform the forum of YOOPERMAN's (my Dad) passing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nina (Mrs. Yoop) just brought in a bottle of her homemade choke cherry wine to enjoy while watching tonight's game! Can't wait to pop the cork on it and give it a taste test. What a sweetheart!

Comment

• SWEEEEET! Good timing.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Hopefully there are some Bears choking onfield as you sup the choke cherry wine JM. Enjoy the game, JM, your absolutely stunning wife, Nina and the Yoop-star above!
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Hey Yoop, Skate, and Ned! Tonight is the first Monday night game in quite a while. Drop a bug in the Big Man's ear about this one going our way will ya? Enjoy your seats too BTW, I have to watch it on TV at a friends house since I don't have cable.
          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
            SWEEEEET! Good timing.
            Actually.....I prefer DRYYYY...lol...
            I was so ticked....I forgot the wine at work, as it was a hectic day. I'll save it for the SanFran game. What a bummer though....i thought about it several times during the game. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Comment

• Maybe it wasn't/isn't meant to be drank. Maybe it's a mantle piece. A reminder of our friend.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                Maybe it wasn't/isn't meant to be drank. Maybe it's a mantle piece. A reminder of our friend.
                Oh HELL NO! lol.....:-D Yoop would definitely want me to drink it. He would be prouder if the bottle was on the mantle...empty.

Comment

• LOL. Great point.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• thanks DEB - my mom's present went well.

Well thanks to Deb's awesome help, my present to my mom of my Dad's posts went over great. She said it was the best present she ever got.

I did a two "volume" bound set of his posts for her with a picture of him and a brief intro page.

Christmas visit with My Mom was great. I know it was hard for her to come see me in Vegas rather then go to my Brother's in Lake Orion for two reasons.

Reason #1 my brother has kids and Nina (mom) gets "grandbaby tunnel" vision, especailly during Christmas.

Reaon #2 . It was the first time she came back to Vegas since my Dad passed way.

She went back to MI today, we had a great visit and she won some money.
                    In the next week or so, I am going to have his posting made in to hard cover books and have 3 copies made. One for Mom, my Brother and myself. Thanks again everyone for your help especially Deb! (:

Comment

• Here is an email from Yooperman I found that you all might enjoy!

Here is an email I was able to find from My Dad that he sent to me on 10/12/10 that I thought you all here who remember him would appreciate.

Hi Guy,
                      I do sleep alot, but the funny thing is I actually sleep, rather than pass out like I used to do when I was drinking.

I couldn't be happier about the weekend games. I still owe you 20 bucks on the Detroit/ Eagles game? I think you put a bet down for me, and of course the Lions couldn't cover the spread.

Can't help but laugh at Favre. Last year he could walk on water and this year people are lining up to piss on him. What an idiot!!! When this crap is all out, I bet he's gonna make Tiger Woods shake his head in disbelief.

The other night Mom and I went to Dina-Mia's in Florence. We were at the bar and a guy at the other end of the bar had a drunking temper tantrum.
                      He was screaming about having to wait 45 minutes for a pizza. He kept bitching and yelling for a long time at the help. When he was finally done screaming, the waitress came over to us and said she was sorry about this jerk and said he does that shit all of the time. Then she asked what we wanted to order. I told her I was gonna order pizza, but I heard it takes too long. We all had some laughs on that.

I'm going for my monthly shot in a little while, then tomorrow I have a Dr. appointment with Jacobs office. Next Tuesday we go to Marinette and I get my stiches out, then one more surgery in Green Bay and I'll finally get some rest. That surgery and shit wear me down.

Did you hear the shitty news about Mom buying me a new recliner chair? My old chair was held together with duct tape, etc, but comfortable as hell.
                      Mom said it was either my old chair or her, but something had to go. I'm sure gonna miss Mom!(:

See ya, "W"

Some unlucky guy hit a moose with his car yesterday, right in town. How the hell bad a driver do you have to be, that you can't dodge a moose in town? No wonder there are dead chipmunks and all over town.

Comment

• That's a great email. Thanks for sharing.

The pizza line was classic!
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Rob thanks for sharing that. I'm going to move this over to your Dad's thread in the main forum so the others will see it. This part of the board is overlooked a lot.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• What a great gift. As I mentioned in my note, I can only imagine what a treat it would be for your family to "hear" his voice again via his posts. His sense of humor was such a joy!
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thanks for sharing S of Y. That was fun to read.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Thanks SOY.

We sure miss your Dad.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X