No announcement yet.

I wanted to inform the forum of YOOPERMAN's (my Dad) passing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks so much for sharing Son Of Yoop. Never met your dad in person...though we lived right around the corner from each other for the last 2 years. I have since enjoyed meeting your Mom. Nina is a lovely lady....I always enjoy her visits. She even brought me some of her homemade choke cherry wine. As like everybody.....I sure do miss your dad's wit and presence here on the forum. He was a rare breed.

Comment

• I told her I was gonna order pizza, but I heard it takes too long.
      Haha, classic! Thanks for the laugh. I'm glad that Deb was able to help you and the present went over well.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Quote: Some unlucky guy hit a moose with his car yesterday, right in town. How the hell bad a driver do you have to be, that you can't dodge a moose in town? No wonder there are dead chipmunks and all over town.

superb!
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Thank you sharing with us Rob. Reading your Dad's email was almost like he was talking to me directly. Even though we never met in person, I considered him my friend.

Deb, once again you amaze me in the lengths you go to to help us forum members. Not to sound like a kiss ass but I believe that without you this place would shrivel and die. Thank you again!

Comment

• What a great read, especially at his time of the year.
            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Thanks for sharing S o Y.

His legacy will live on in this place for a long time.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Thanks for sharing Son of Yooper and Thank you Deb for being such a trooper!
                "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
                Colin Powell

Comment

• If the Lions win the SB, I will truly believe in miracles and the power of Yoop, Ned & Skate (maybe Killer too if he isn't too busy polishing Bobby Layne's helmet)

Comment

• Hey, even Bobby Layne has to be smiling today.
                    "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• That email was really good, classic Yoop about the pizza.

That is a great gift, just hearing his voice through his words had to make your Mom happy and sad at the same time, but so worth it to hear his voice again.
                      AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                      2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                      3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                      4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                      5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                      6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                      7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• We got there Yoop. Not the best outcome, but we will be back my friend. Take a year off up there and live it up. We will be here for you next year as well.

OBTW, when we win it next year, can you ask "The Man" to make it easier for us? Thanks.
                        Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                          If the Lions win the SB, I will truly believe in miracles and the power of Yoop, Ned & Skate (maybe Killer too if he isn't too busy polishing Bobby Layne's helmet)
                          Thanks everyone.

I bought a $200 ticket and a $20 ticket for Lions to win the SB on my Dad's birthday 10/01.

I sent the $20 ticket to my uncle (Dad's bro) as an Christmas present

Well this wasn't their year but I think I will place a Lions to win Super bowl bet every year on my Dad's birthday.

Now I have to change my Super bowl pick to anyone but the Packers. Go Giants

Comment

• "Well this wasn't their year but I think I will place a Lions to win Super bowl bet every year on my Dad's birthday."
                            --------------------------I like that Yoop Jr.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Hey Yoop, Skate, Ned, and YT's Dad.....how bout dropping a word in the big man's ear....we are looking for a real star this year.

Thanks guys.
                              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Haha Yoop, real funny with the WR pick...
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X