No announcement yet.

I wanted to inform the forum of YOOPERMAN's (my Dad) passing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sat and looked at my blinking cursor for a half hour trying to figure out what to say. Generally I can't wait to come to our safe haven for our Leo's. It's our sanctuary for losing all these years and the vastly different personalities that make up our family that we talk to (argue with) on a daily basis.

Today I'm so very thankful that I had the honor of knowing Yoop here in our home away from home. He seemed to be a kind person with a great personality and I'll never forget some of the stories he shared. They don't make'em like that anymore. You'll be missed brother.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Rob I hope you keep the Yoop name going in the forum. I know you prob have a lot on your plate right now but if you ever want to bitch about the Lions and want people to argue with you'll always have us.

Don't be a stranger..
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
        This might not make any sense, but if you're familiar with the movie "The Big Lebowski", Yoop always reminded me of the Sam Sheppard cowboy guy sittin' at the bowling alley bar. He always seemed wise and had a perspective different from everybody else. It was probably a good idea to listen to what he was saying, even if you didn't quite understand it.
        ha.. that's so true!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I haven't been involved as far as posting on this site but I read it almost every day and I do that because of all the great characters on here. Even when I first started reading this site I could tell that beneath all of the arguments and debates that everyone was well loved here.

I would just like to give my condolences to your family and let you know that my prayers and heart are with you and your family.
          2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

So sad...you will be sorely missed Yoop. RIP mate.

Rob, so sorry for your loss. Your dad was a great character on this forum and will be missed by many.

Say gday to Ned, Yoop
            "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

"I sat and looked at my blinking cursor for a half hour trying to figure out what to say."
              ----------------------Took me awhile too.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

I'm speechless. And I hate that I just found this out today. Sometimes I'm so wrapped up in my own stupid world, I lose the fact that behind all the words I read on the monitor, there are people I care about. Yoop, Rest in Peace, my brother. I'm so glad I've had words with you. I've laughed, smiled at so many of your posts. Or, I had to just stop and rethink my position after reading something from your perspective. I will feel your loss as much as I feel Ned's and Skatewolf's. Say "Hi" to them both.

Rob, My condolences to your entire family. Thank you for informing us. I think we have probably lost more people than we know because of the nature of our community.

I don't know what else to say.

) :
                ------------
                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

"I think we have probably lost more people than we know because of the nature of our community."
                  ----------------------Probably so Drew. We're only aware of the three.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Originally posted by DanO View Post
                    "Probably so Drew. We're only aware of the three.
                    Without a doubt. I really respect and appreciate the time and effort Rob took to come here and tell us.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Who was the third one? I know of Ned and then Yooperman.

I worry about our friend Jerry Bouldlin. I haven't seen him in any of the forums in a long time and I remember he had a renewed bout with cancer or something like it. I thought about him when Pat Burns died awhile back.

Comment

Loops, Skatewolf.

I am guessing you are right about Jer also. Have not heard from him in a very long time and I do not think he had any "family" that would be as kind as Rob to inform us.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

I forgot about Skatewolf, that wasn't that long ago. He was young.

In one of the Tiger forums a member was gunned down by the killer at Va. tech.

Comment

I worry about our friend Jerry Bouldlin
                            Haven't heard from him in since around the time the Tigers acquired Cabrera, he told me his health was preventing him from posting and would be back after he feels better.

Comment

"I am guessing you are right about Jer also. Have not heard from him in a very long time and I do not think he had any "family" that would be as kind as Rob to inform us."
                              -----------------------My thoughts as well.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Rob,

I have a question.

Do you live in Lake Orion or Las Vegas?
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X