No announcement yet.

I wanted to inform the forum of YOOPERMAN's (my Dad) passing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Farther. As you can tell your Dad was well liked by many and his hurmor helped make the many long Lions seasons a little more enjoyable. God Bless you and your family during this time.
    "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
    Colin Powell

Comment

I guess the best story I have of Yoop was mentioning in a thread that fresh venison sounded good, as I hadn't had any for a very long time.

Within a day, Yoop had sent me a PM and asked what I wanted. I told him that whatever he sent would be most appreciated and I'd reimburse him. He said not to worry about it and he'd send out a package.

About 5 days later a box arrived from Michigan and my wife thought I had ordered more Lions stuff and she was pissed. I hadn't ordered anything Lions related, but Yoop's real name threw me for a loop as I didn't know his real name.

When I opened the box, there was a roast, some steaks and homemade sausage. My Dad ate all the steaks, most of the sausage but I did get a couple of links.

We cooked the roast on a Sunday and watched the Lions & toasted to Yoop!

Yoop was a really terrific guy!

Comment

nice story
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

that is nice
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by YT View Post
            I guess the best story I have of Yoop was mentioning in a thread that fresh venison sounded good, as I hadn't had any for a very long time.

Within a day, Yoop had sent me a PM and asked what I wanted. I told him that whatever he sent would be most appreciated and I'd reimburse him. He said not to worry about it and he'd send out a package.

About 5 days later a box arrived from Michigan and my wife thought I had ordered more Lions stuff and she was pissed. I hadn't ordered anything Lions related, but Yoop's real name threw me for a loop as I didn't know his real name.

When I opened the box, there was a roast, some steaks and homemade sausage. My Dad ate all the steaks, most of the sausage but I did get a couple of links.

We cooked the roast on a Sunday and watched the Lions & toasted to Yoop!

Yoop was a really terrific guy!

wonderful
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

He was kind enough to send some to me as well and I will never forget that.
              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Nice story YT.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

I read on this forum that a poster that went by the name of Stimpy had died. He didn't follow us here from Worldcrossing and was mostly on the Tigers or Pistons forums there.

YT and Coop, lucky bastards.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

:(

Rob, my condolences to you and your family. Yoop was a beloved member of this community and will be sorely missed.
                    "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

Drew - we are both very lucky. That Yoop went out of his way to do this for us was a very kind and generous thing.
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

There is a saying that goes along the lines of "a person died too young."

It's become a somewhat pithy phrase, exercised liberally for just about anyone who passes away.

But there are people, who live such a fullness of life, experience what the world has to offer, and truly appreciates what they have. They face their trials and tribulations with a smile or a laugh, and soak in the moments of joy, no matter how fleeting. They share that experience in their words and actions... the people around them feel their lives fuller and more worthwhile just in knowing these rare people.

These people could live a thousand years, and they would die too young. No amount of time on this earth is enough to truly capture everything these people could appreciate.

I believe the one known as Yooperman was one of those people. It's people like him who encourage me to believe in an afterlife somehow, somewhere; simply so that their story doesn't end on this one tiny pebble in the vast universe.

Wherever you are, keep seizing the day, my friend.

Comment

I don't think I really knew Yoop but I can see he meant quite a bit to a lot of you. My condolences to his friends and family.

Comment

Condolences from me as well..... :(

Comment

We don't often ponder the fragility of life until we witness the passing of someone we share a mutual bond with. It isn't always the friend or family member, or the next door neighbor. At times such as this, we lose a man who few on here have met, but many of whom call their friend. We don't know what he looked like, but we know we shared the passion of being a Lions fan with him. We didn't care how much money he made or what kind of job he had. We cared about his thoughts though. Through his unique style, we knew Walt as a strong willed, loving Husband and Father. A man who sought out the good in people, and was able to make you laugh with him. Walt was around the forum for many years. Not very many of us had the priviedge to meet him, but many of us knew him. This forum in the big picture is but a small entity. We are proud of our existence and what we stand for in this forum. We share a common bond that is sincere as much as time tested. Many of us on here have now lost a family member. It is because of people like Yooperman that this forum strives and will continue to do so for years to come. Rest in Peace, Walt. We will hear you on Sundays.

PS. DanO, Thanks for giving me a call and letting me know.
                              Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

My pleasure.

Nice post btw. You too Chemi.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X