I wanted to inform the forum of YOOPERMAN's (my Dad) passing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Without a doubt. I really respect and appreciate the time and effort Rob took to come here and tell us.

Thank you. - you can't imagine how many times I wrote then re-wrote that.

Comment

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
      Rob,

I have a question.

Do you live in Lake Orion or Las Vegas?
      Malto - I live in Las Vegas.

Comment

Yoop told many stories about the times he visited with you rob. There is a search function that you can search for and read his posts if it provides you any comfort.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Rob, there is a thread where your Dad kept us informed on his medical condition. He appeared to be waiting for a kidney, but that didn't seem to be the issue as much as the doctors were working on a problem with his blood. Do you mind sharing with us what you feel like happened? If that makes you feel uncomfortable, no problem.

Comment

Those were some very nice write-up notes by forum members Malto, YT and Deb on the funeral home's web page. I got tears.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

I'll have to check those out from home.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Rob, next time I fly out to see my Mom and Dad (I have to fly into Vegas, they live in Lake Havasu City, AZ) I would like to buy you a beer. Your Dad and I often exchanged vows to sit and have a beer together when he came to Lake Orion but I believe his health over the past few years was the reason it never became a reality. I just got back from a trip and do not have another scheduled as of yet but when I do, I will try to contact you and see if we might be able to make it happen.

Drew, nice post. Where ya been, buddy?
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

RIP, Yooperman.

Comment

Yooperman, you will be missed.

My thoughts go out to your family and friends.
                    Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Sorry to hear.

Sad news indeed.

Comment

• Wow I'm just floored. I'm out of town for a week and come back and find this out.

Yoop had such a great sense of humor even when dealing with his own serious life challenges. You are gone but will never be forgotten friend. My thoughts and prayers to your family Rob and thank you so much for sharing this. As you know the family here thought well of your dad and we of him. God speed Yoop!

Comment

• Very sorry Rob for your loss. I was traveling this week and finally logged in today to find out the bad news. As many on the forum have noted, we will sorely miss your father's humor and contribution here. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
                          - Kevin

Comment

• My Oh My Oh MY....In just two weeks....TWO WEEKS, three filthy streaks are ended. A road win, division win and back to back wins......Just two weeks.......Thanks Yoop!

And Sharkie....I know you're reading man....consider one of the last posts Yoop ever made.

Man up Sharkey!!! I've been using you as an inspiration for a long time now. Way back when we both had ugly medical problems. If you give in now, I'll get someone to drive me to your house in Neenah/Menasha, just so I can kick your ass with my only leg that still works. Fucking pussy!! You spend so much time around here I consider you a tough ass Yooper.

Please get help and work things out, trust me, it works!!!!

Comment

• lol!! great find Cat!!

Whatever you're doing up there is working Yoop!!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yoop must have had a long talk with the God about the Lions. I expect Mooch to get rehired in the NFL soon as well. ;)

This is sad news. No matter what our arguements he was a forum friend. In fact, we had a conversation about such early last year and I am glad to know that we had a virtual beer together.

Rob, My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                                X