Non-Football Related Stuff That Makes you Laugh Your Ass off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuk-uppy would probably just mess it all up. :(
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQviPmj3kyg"]A Relationship in 5 Minutes - YouTube[/ame]
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Cap off the toothpaste? Fkn too right, dude......, get her dumped.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yep, glad I didn't play that at work! Funny though!
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ha, Tony...good idea. Most relationships are NSFW. :D
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• NSFW? Not so f---ing weird?
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• not safe for work
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Thanks.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I've just finished laughing my feckin arse off! So so funny. I need someone like Tony G to help here. On the sports news on the radio, Vasos Alexander was doing his usual sports reports but to finish, he played a sports commentator clip from the baseball game between red sox and cardinals...... This commentator was in full baseball tongue....., when it went back to Vasos, he said, "What the hell was that?" Chris Evans and Lyn Bowles were both the same, "what was he talking about?"....., was absolutely hilarious.

I'd like that translated. Was on the BBC radio two, Chris Evans show between 7:50am and 8am. I think Radio Two has a "player" where you can listen back to the show. I would bet that what the commentator says is just normal baseball speak to you guys....., but fuck me, I have no clue what the guy was saying! LMAO!
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Marko69, I'm a huge baseball fan. Tried finding the podcast but had no luck. Can you post a link?
                      It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• I will get it and post it here. And if it won't post, I'll record it for myself then type it here.

Comment

• Ok Kansas. Found it.

Go to 1:23:30 and listen......, then translate! Still finding that funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            Ok Kansas. Found it.

Go to 1:23:30 and listen......, then translate! Still finding that funny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...aine_Pascale!/
                            "Ross an RBI Double at Second" - Ross hit a ball that allowed him to get to second base (called a double). That hit also allowed another runner on base to run home, so Ross gets a Run Batted In (RBI). So he hit an RBI double and is now at second base.

"A swing and the ball is looped into center, that's a base hit". The batter hit a ball with a looping trajectory over the infield and into center field (the center part of the outfield). "Base hit" refers to any hit that allows the runner to reach first base. "Single" is a synonym.

"Robinson picks it up on a hop ... throws home ... puts the tag on ... he's out". The center fielder (Robinson) catches the ball after it hops. Then throws the ball to home plate to try to get the runner (Ross, who before the hit was standing at second base) out at home. The Catcher (player behind home plate who receives the pitches) catches the throw and has to tag the runner with the ball before the runner touches home plate, which he does. So the runner is out.

"Another run scores on a single by Elsberry". Elsberry (not sure of the spelling) must have been the guy who hit the ball. "Single" as noted above is another name for "base hit" or any hit that allows the runner to reach 1st base. "Another run scores" is a bit confusing - there must have been a runner at 3rd who ran home (scored) before Ross (runner at second) was thrown out at home.

"He broke an Oh for 8". The "oh" here is shortcut for zero. "zero for 8" means that the Elsberry hadn't reached based in his last 8 attempts at bat. But this single broke that streak.

Most of this would be a lot clearer if you were watching it on TV and had the visual context. Radio broadcasts of any sport require the listener to be up on the '"lingo" of the sport.

That said, I tried watching cricket on TV once in London and was absolutely confounded.

Comment

• Lightinboy....., you are a rock n roll star, buddy. Thank you very much for that, very much appreciated. I have copied and pasted your reply to Chris Evans this morning Along with a side note from myself. I mean there are 14 millon listeners and many emailing in with BS, so the chances that it'll be read out are fairly grim......, but we shall wait until Vasos Sports news at 7:50....., may get a mention.

Ok........, Cricket......., I can't, mate..... Sorry!

Comment

• Ah! Didn't read it out. Those English bstds @ Radio two. (Not you, Ken (scottish) Bruce, you legend.)

Comment

Working...
                                X