No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey couldn't hold Charlie's clipboard.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• DO they have Wifi at the campsite?

Comment

• Titus Young...

just saying.

I hope Millen calls the next Steelers game..........
        The only logical explanation is:
        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Eric Wright 2nd Bucs CB suspended

Updated: November 26, 2012, 4:44 PM ET
          By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

TAMPA, Fla. -- For the second time this season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have lost a starting cornerback due to a violation of the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
          NFC South blog

ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes about all things NFC South in his division blog.
          Blog network: NFL Nation

Eric Wright will be suspended for the next four games, coach Greg Schiano told the media Monday afternoon.
          Fox Sports reported several weeks ago that Wright would be suspended for using Adderall. Former Buccaneers starting cornerback Aqib Talib was suspended for four games earlier this season. Talib said he took Adderall without a prescription during training camp. Talib served three games of his suspension before the Buccaneers traded him to New England Nov. 1.
          Wright was one of Tampa Bay's big free-agent signings in the offseason. But he's been hampered by an Achilles tendon injury in recent weeks and missed Sunday's game against Atlanta. The Bucs started undrafted rookie Leonard Johnson in his place.
          E.J. Biggers took over when Talib was suspended and has remained in the starting lineup, but the Bucs have very little depth beyond that.
          Wright, who signed a five-year, $37.5 million contract when he joined the Bucs in March, will lose $1.706 million because of the suspension.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Look out for Gonz and his ridiculous "I told you Charlie Batch would be a starter again in this league"

Ha!
            Ridiculous my ass, bunghole.

BATCH is the man
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• 9 starts in 11 years for Pitt, he not only is the man, but he is smart too

Comment

• 2 Super Bowl rings...... more than Peyton Manning
                The only logical explanation is:
                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• But he is not a "starter in this league" and to assert that since he has come and played when a real "starter in this league" is injured (and his backup) makes him a "starter in this league" is a very lame attempt at making a bad prediction look as if it was correct.

Just heading off the ridiculous assertation at the pass...
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Does it really matter? Let the camper have his fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Does it really matter? Let the camper have his fire.
                      Ha! You are right it doesn't. I'm just fucking with him anyway.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• What is the original argument over anyways? Its so long ago.

It kind of reminds me of the time I told the Michigan fans than John Navarre was a better QB than they gave him credit for. I said he would start in the NFL. He started exactly one game(against the Lions I believe), they told me I was right and the Navarre promptly never started again.

Comment

• Batch made some plays today. Still makes me angry that Milliot dumped him for TFD after exactly one game. Then stubbornly stuck by his decision seven ints later
                          Forever One!

Comment

• It wasn't really an argument. Gonz claimed that Batch "would be a starter in this league". Batch was picked up to be a backup, came in for a game when the starter was injured and, of course, Gonz claimed that he was right even though he went right back to the bench when the real starter came back. It was a ridiculous assertion.

Comment

• BTW, I like (liked) Charlie Batch. He was pretty solid and was a gritty player. If he wasn't made of glass I think he would have been a pretty good QB-the best that we had seen in a Lions uniform over the past 20 years or so, but once he got banged up and the Lions dumped him, his years as "a starter in this league" were over.
                              Last edited by CGVT; December 2, 2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• It was a typical Gonz semantics argument. If he had said Batch will start again in this league, which is what I think he really meant, he would have been correct. But a starter is not a guy that is the backup and comes in when the QB is hurt. Even though Hill played most of the season when Stafford was hurt, he was not a starter. He was the backup playing when the starter was out. The same as Batch.

Comment

Working...
                                X