X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints sign Sylvester Williams, Geneo Grissom

Posted by Charean Williams on May 13, 2019, 5:23 PM EDT
    Getty Images

The Saints announced several roster moves, including the signings of defensive linemen Geneo Grissom and Sylvester Williams.

The Patriots made Grissom a third-round choice in 2015. He played 37 games in four seasons in New England and made seven tackles, a sack and seven special teams stops.

He joined the Colts for the 2018 postseason and appeared on special teams in two games.

Grissom visited the Lions earlier this offseason before earning a spot with the Saints as a tryout player.

The Broncos made Williams a first-round draft pick in 2013. In six NFL seasons with Denver, Tennessee, Detroit and Miami, Williams has played 89 games with 63 starts.

Williams has 128 career tackles, 21 tackles for loss, six sacks, two passes defensed and a fumble recovery. In 2018, he played 14 games with four starts split between the Lions and Dolphins and finished with 14 tackles.

The Saints also announced the signings of fullback Michael Burton, receiver Cyril Grayson Jr., center Marcus Henry, tackle Ulrick John, linebacker Colton Jumper, running back A.J. Ouellette, defensive back David Simmons Jr. and receiver Micah Wright.

The team waived running back Darnell Holland, defensive lineman Tomasi Laulile and cornerback Darius Williams.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Saints agree to terms with Mike Burton

Posted by Charean Williams on May 13, 2019, 2:46 PM EDT
      Getty Images

The Saints have agreed to terms with free agent Mike Burton, Josh Katzenstein of The Times-Picayune reports.
      ?
      Burton, 27, tried out for the team during the rookie minicamp.

Burton has played four NFL seasons. He played eight games with one start last season for the Bears, seeing 49 snaps on offense and 50 on special teams.

The Lions made Burton a fifth-round draft choice in 2015, and he spent two seasons in Detroit.

He joined Chicago in 2017.

Burton has played 55 games with 11 starts in his career.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Well that went fast...

KERWYNN WILLIAMSRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
        Buccaneers waived RB Kerwynn Williams.

Williams spent all of 2018 out of the league and lasted merely one week with the Bucs. He'll face an uphill battle landing with any other suitor. Tampa Bay also waived TE Isaiah Searight (hamstring), OT Israel Helms, and WR Malik Taylor.

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter
        May 13, 2019, 4:50 PM ET

Comment

• If they don't play a down for the Lions, even in a preseason game, I feel they shouldn't be considered former Lions.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Hopefully the 4th round guy from Clemson can make up for that loss.
            By playing in 3 games instead of 2?
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• 49ers signing tight end Levine Toilolo

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 15, 2019, 8:21 AM EDT
              Getty Images

The 49ers are adding some tight end depth from a veteran.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the 49ers are set to signGeorge Kittle, and adds to their collection of former Falcons who worked with coach Kyle Shanahan.

Comment

• Toilolo did well last year for the Lions. I hope he does well in SanFran
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Fullback Nick BelloreSeahawks is worth $2.23MM over two years, tweets Brady Henderson of ESPN.com. Bellore will receive $600K guaranteed, including a $300K signing bonus and a $300K 2019 base salary guarantee. A linebacker who played primarily on special teams for the first seven years of his NFL career, Bellore converted to the offensive side of the ball last summer. The 30-year-old appeared in 14 games for the Lions in 2018, playing 118 snaps on offense and 238 on special teams. Seattle used a fullback on only 8% of its plays last season.

Comment

• Titans Not Interested In Ndamukong Suh

May 16th, 2019 at 8:46pm CST by Dallas Robinson

Although the Titans met with Ndamukong Suh when he was a free agent at this time a year agoPaul Kuharsky of PaulKuharsky.com.

Tennessee has added both Jeffery Simmons (first-round draft choice) and Brent UrbanJurrell CaseyPro Football FocusFootball Outsiders, as Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com noted earlier this year that Suh has never played on a contact averaging less than $10MM per season. While that may be the case, the Titans currently have more than $30MM in available cap space, so they could afford Suh if they so chose.

Earlier this evening, PFR ranked Suh as the best available defensive free agent remaining on the board.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        • Fullback Nick BelloreSeahawks is worth $2.23MM over two years, tweets Brady Henderson of ESPN.com. Bellore will receive $600K guaranteed, including a $300K signing bonus and a $300K 2019 base salary guarantee. A linebacker who played primarily on special teams for the first seven years of his NFL career, Bellore converted to the offensive side of the ball last summer. The 30-year-old appeared in 14 games for the Lions in 2018, playing 118 snaps on offense and 238 on special teams. Seattle used a fullback on only 8% of its plays last season.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• TRAVIS SWANSON, C, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
                          Travis Swanson announced his retirement.

"I decided to retire from the game of football," Swanson announced in an Instagram post. His full statement can be viewed in the link below. Overshadowed by concussion issues the past two seasons, the former third-round pick finishes his career after five years played between the Lions and Dolphins.

SOURCE: Instagram
                          May 18, 2019, 4:06 PM ET

-I was hoping KC would sign him as a FA as their C situation is light on bodies.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            TRAVIS SWANSON, C, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

"I decided to retire from the game of football," Swanson announced in an Instagram post. His full statement can be viewed in the link below. Overshadowed by concussion issues the past two seasons, the former third-round pick finishes his career after five years played between the Lions and Dolphins.

-I was hoping KC would sign him as a FA as their C situation is light on bodies.
                            Yeah, he was basically lubanized a few years ago when that one concussion took him out for months. Seems like the right call to walk away, and hope he doesn't suffer any long term effects.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                TRAVIS SWANSON, C, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

I was hoping KC would sign him too!

Comment

Working...
                                X