• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    Josh McCown, QB has retired
    Josh McCown joins ESPN

Posted by Charean Williams on June 17, 2019, 4:37 PM EDT

Getty Images

Josh McCown
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• McCown deserved a better shot in Detroit. I originally thought he'd beat out Kitna ... oh well
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• "Hey Mike tell us all you can about your former employer in Allen Park, Michigan. Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Thanks Mike. Now if you can just look at this red light...."
        Packers waive Michael Roberts with failed physical

Posted by Charean Williams on June 19, 2019, 4:35 PM EDT

Getty Images

Tight end Michael Roberts
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• June 20th, 2019 at 6:57pm CST by Rory Parks

Eagles cornerback

However, LeBlanc is not a lock to make the team, as Dave Zangaro of NBC Sports Philadelphia suggests. Even with Ronald Darby and Jalen MillsAvonte Maddox. Zangaro notes that Maddox, whom Pro Football Focus graded as a middling-at-best performer in his rookie campaign, has excelled both in the slot and outside the numbers and is making a case for significant playing time. He did start nine games last season, and the 2018 fourth-rounder appears to have made some strides.

Of course, given the recent injury histories of Darby, Mills, and Sidney Jones, LeBlanc still stands a very good chance of seeing the field. But if the unit remains healthy, he could be looking for a new club this summer. He will be an unrestricted free agent in 2020, so if he can earn playing time somewhere and build on his 2018 performance, he could be in for a nice payday.

Comment

• Release Candidate: Texans TE Darren Fells

June 26th, 2019 at 8:39am CST by Zach Links

The Texans signed Darren Fells to a one-year deal in March, adding a proven blocking tight end to their offensive unit. However, the 33-year-old could be looking for work before the summer is through. Kahale WarringJordan Akins and Jordan ThomasRyan Griffinsomewhere for the 2019 season, but it might not happen with the Texans, who guaranteed him just $100K on his one-year, $1.5MM deal.

Comment

• Posted by Charean Williams on June 26, 2019, 5:58 PM EDT

Getty Images

Just like every offseason, the Patriots had some personnel losses after last season. Just like most seasons since Tom Brady has quarterbacked the team, the Patriots are among the Super Bowl favorites.

New England never lets a free agency, retirement or any other kind of departure get in its way.

So while the Patriots must replace Rob Gronkowski, Chris Hogan, Cordarrelle Patterson, Malcolm Brown, Jared Veldheer, Trent Brown, Brian Flores and others, they know how to overcome attrition.

Linebacker Kyle Van Noyculture being setPatrick Chung, Dont'a Hightower, Devin McCourtyMatthew Slater

Comment

• When Brady retires

Comment

• Nice to see he is on a first name basis with coach Belichick.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• It helps to explain why BQ/MP are so driven to find ex-Pats and rookies. Breed a winning culture and flush the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      It helps to explain why BQ/MP are so driven to find ex-Pats and rookies. Breed a winning culture and flush the rest.
                      They're not even close to the first ones to the try the Patriot way. As everyone has properly identified, the biggest problem is other teams copy cat efforts do not include the two top ingredients, BB and TB.

That is why all the copy cats always crash and burn. Some sooner than others but they ALWAYS fail.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        It helps to explain why BQ/MP are so driven to find ex-Pats and rookies. Breed a winning culture and flush the rest.
                        Following in the foot steps of Millen trying to rebuild the 49s in Detroit.

Comment

• I could be wrong G but I can't recall where the WHOLE team from GM to #53 were buying into the "Patriot" way. There were coaches. There were GM's. There were GM's and a coach but not the fully entrenched "system".

And to your point. Didn't BB say he used MP's blueprint on how to stop LA? It wasn't Brady. For most of that game it was their D that kept the Rams at bay. It was the D that MP made the blueprint on what to do.

I don't know what this season will bring. And it's foolish to do predictions in June. But, I'm hopefully optimistic.

Comment

• "I don't know what this season will bring. And it's foolish to do predictions in June. But, I'm hopefully optimistic."-FS

Believe or not, I am the most optimistic about this season as I have been in probably 20 years. Unfortunately, it matches up against a brutal schedule. Something has got to give and that's where my optimism ends in SHOW me, don't TELL me.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• To be honest, BB must have focused on the 2nd half tape, because the Lions didn't do a whole helluva lot to stop the Rams in that 1st half. That game should have been over at halftime IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                                McCown deserved a better shot in Detroit.
                                No
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X