Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• It's good that he's well enough to do it, but, please don't let him be on a Lions game...
      . Matt Millen, Greg Olsen will each call a game for FOX this season

Posted by Josh Alper on July 30, 2019, 1:55 PM EDT

Getty Images

FOX Sports has released its list of broadcast teams for the 2019 season along with a few guest announcers who will drop into booths over the course of the season.

One of those guest announcers will be former NFL linebacker and Lions General Manager Matt Millen. Millen will join Kevin Kugler and sideline reporter Shane Bacon to call a Week Eight game between the Buccaneers and Titans.

Millen had a life-saving heart transplant last Christmas Eve and returned to work as a broadcaster at the Penn State spring game in April.

FOX also confirmed that Panthers tight end Greg Olsen will again spend the bye week in the booth. Olsen will work with Kenny Albert and sideline reporter Lindsay Czarniak when the Giants host the Cardinals in Week Seven.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• What am I supposed to say, she's a guzzler since she loves her some famous ath-tha-lete?
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Steelers claim WR Brandon Reilly

Posted by Josh Alper on July 31, 2019, 5:08 PM EDT
          Getty Images

The Steelers have added another piece to their receiving corps.

The team announced that they have claimed wide receiver Brandon Reilly off of waivers. Reilly was dropped by the Lions when they signed defensive tackle Fredrick Jones to their 53-man roster.

Reilly signed with the Lions in January, was briefly off the roster in the spring and returned to Detroit in early June. Reilly also spent time on the Lions practice squad last season and was on the Bills practice squad for most of the 2017 season. He was promoted to the active roster at the end of the year, but did not play in any games.

Reilly caught 70 passes for 1,275 yards and six touchdowns while at Nebraska. He joins JuJu Smith-Schuster, Donte Moncrief, Eli Rogers, James Washington, Diontae Johnson and Ryan Switzer at receiver in Pittsburgh.

The Steelers waived cornerback Alexander Myles with a non-football injury designation to clear space for Reilly.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

What am I supposed to say, she's a guzzler since she loves her some famous ath-tha-lete?
            Cold blooded!
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• LaAdrian Waddle likely out for year with torn quad

Posted by Josh Alper on August 5, 2019, 10:37 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Bills have lost one of the players brought in as a free agent in hopes of lifting their offensive line to a higher level in 2019.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that tackle LaAdrian Waddletore his quad muscle. Waddle was carted off the field at practice on Sunday and is likely to miss the entire season as a result of the injury, which usually requires a recovery time line of four to five months.

Waddle signed with the Bills this offseason after spending the last four years with the Patriots. He made seven starts with New England over the last two seasons and made 24 starts with the Lions during the first three years of his career.

The Bills are also without center Mitch Morse at the moment as he is in the concussion protocol. Russell Bodine is working as the starting center on Monday with left tackle Dion Dawkins, left guard Quinton Spain, right guard Cody Ford and right tackle Ty Nsekhe around him.

Comment

• Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2019, 10:44 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Broncos have added running back Theo Riddick to a depth chart that includes Phillip Lindsay, Royce Freeman, and Devontae Booker[b]

Comment

• NEVIN LAWSON, DB, OAKLAND RAIDERS
                  NFL suspended Raiders CB Nevin Lawson four games for violating the league's PEDs policy.

Oakland signed Lawson to a one-year deal in March after his release from the Lions. Lawson has experience outside and in the slot and was likely competing for a starting job in a wide-open cornerback group for the Raiders.

??????Lamarcus Joyner is expected to handle nickel duties in the slot. Gareon Conley, Nick Nelson, Curtis Riley, and Daryl Worley are others battling for snaps in this defensive backfield.

Aug 5, 2019, 9:46 PM ET

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    NEVIN LAWSON, DB, OAKLAND RAIDERS
                    NFL suspended Raiders CB Nevin Lawson four games for violating the league's PEDs policy.

Oakland signed Lawson to a one-year deal in March after his release from the Lions. Lawson has experience outside and in the slot and was likely competing for a starting job in a wide-open cornerback group for the Raiders.

??????Lamarcus Joyner is expected to handle nickel duties in the slot. Gareon Conley, Nick Nelson, Curtis Riley, and Daryl Worley are others battling for snaps in this defensive backfield.

Aug 5, 2019, 9:46 PM ET
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      LaAdrian Waddle likely out for year with torn quad

Posted by Josh Alper on August 5, 2019, 10:37 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Bills have lost one of the players brought in as a free agent in hopes of lifting their offensive line to a higher level in 2019.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that tackle LaAdrian Waddletore his quad muscle. Waddle was carted off the field at practice on Sunday and is likely to miss the entire season as a result of the injury, which usually requires a recovery time line of four to five months.

Waddle signed with the Bills this offseason after spending the last four years with the Patriots. He made seven starts with New England over the last two seasons and made 24 starts with the Lions during the first three years of his career.

The Bills are also without center Mitch Morse at the moment as he is in the concussion protocol. Russell Bodine is working as the starting center on Monday with left tackle Dion Dawkins, left guard Quinton Spain, right guard Cody Ford and right tackle Ty Nsekhe around him.

Waddle was one of those polarizing players that Detroit seems to always have. The first year he stepped into the starting lineup he was really good but then never did anything after that. Good teams find players like that.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Waddle was one of those polarizing players that Detroit seems to always have. The first year he stepped into the starting lineup he was really good but then never did anything after that. Good teams find players like that.
                        What?
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• What current Patriots player that was drafted by the Lions recently said, "went from the toilet bowl to the Super Bowl"?

Comment

• Recently? KVN said it back in February, and he was correct.
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• David Johnson to underachiever during his time in Detroit. The Lions eventually gave up on running back Ameer Abdullah, who may be finding his niche in Minnesota.

With long-time punt returner Marcus SherelsDalvin Cook and Alexander Mattison.

Comment

• Cole Wickhttps://www.titansonline.com/news/ob...of-titans-camp

Also, I remember reading the other day that Jeremiah Ledbetter had a pick-6.
                                TB Bucs...
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X