Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

Nice to have a player not bashing the team on the way out.
    Wasn't snacks Harrison the same way, until he wasn't...

Comment

• Because this team is deserving of the utmost respect.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Ex-Lions DT A'Shawn Robinson sidelined by Rams with heart condition

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Did the Lions medical staff miss something I wonder?
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
            Did the Lions medical staff miss something I wonder?
            Nooooooo. They've always gotten players up and back on the field with such efficiency
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• At age 32, Andre Roberts thinks he has good years ahead of him returning kicks

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 17, 2020, 9:40 AM EDT

Getty Images

Bills return man Andre Roberts is 32 years old, but he doesn’t feel too old to be an NFL kick returner.

Roberts said he doesn’t feel 32 and doesn’t feel too old to keep returning kicks, even if the vast majority of NFL return men are in their 20s.

“I think, first, I’m very young,” Roberts said, via the Buffalo News. “I think I can do this for a lot longer. So, I don’t know if my birth certificate was wrong, but I definitely don’t feel my age and what everybody thinks. My age doesn’t matter.”

Roberts has 4,745 career kickoff return yards and 1,477 career punt return yards and said all that experience helps.

“I do think knowing the game helps me a lot, especially as you get older, and that’s any veteran,” Roberts said. “You don’t know too much when you’re younger. You’re just trying to go out there and play the game, but as you get older, you learn more things, you see more things. So, that definitely helps you in the game. I think that helps me a lot in the return game.”

Roberts was one of the best returners in the NFL last year at age 31, and the Bills will keep him in the spot until he shows signs of slowing down. So far, he hasn’t.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• This is sad on Cowboy slayer Eric Kramer - https://sports.yahoo.com/depression-...kip=1597842904

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                  This is sad on Cowboy slayer Eric Kramer - https://sports.yahoo.com/depression-...kip=1597842904

Could've ended much worse ... at least he's OK now
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Kris Kocurek, Kerry Hyder glad to be reunited with 49ers

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on August 20, 2020, 2:50 AM EDT

Getty Images

After spending three years together with the Detroit Lions, defensive line coach Kris Kocurek and defensive end Kerry Hyder are thrilled to be reunited with the San Francisco 49ers.

According to Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle, there’s a tremendous amount of respect between Hyder and Kocurek that was forged during their time together with the Lions. Hyder signed a one-year deal with the 49ers back in March that reunited him with his former defensive line coach once again.

Kocurek knows what Hyder brings to the table and is glad that their back together with the 49ers.

“I just love Kerry’s demeanor,” Kocurek said. “Everything he stands for. How he handles himself. Always, in the back of my mind, I was hopeful I could get back with him because I kind of felt our time together kind of got cut short. … I just felt there was a little bit of unfinished business between us.”

The relationship was broken apart after Jim Caldwell was let go as the Lions head coach following the 2017 season. Korurek would move on to join the Miami Dolphins in 2018. Hyder would move to the Dallas Cowboys a year later as Kocurek joined Kyle Shanahan’s staff with the 49ers.

Hyder credits Kocurek for allowing him to stick in the NFL. Kocurek moved Hyder from tackle to end, which allowed Hyder to have his breakout season in Detroit in 2016.

“I’d spent two years on practice squads, so for someone to have that type of belief in me and trust in me go into the season, that was huge,” Hyder said. “He stood on a table for me and really gave me an opportunity. I owe a lot to coach Kris, and it’s just a joy to be back with him.”

Hyder would miss all of the following season with a torn Achilles and hasn’t been able to replicate the eight sacks he had for the Lions that season. With plenty of pass rushing firepower around him and a reunion with Kocurek, Hyder may have his best chance to recapture that success on one of the NFC’s most talented rosters.

Comment

• THEO RIDDICKRB, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
                      Raiders signed RB Theo Riddick to a one-year contract.

Riddick lands in Las Vegas after an unsuccessful stint in Denver. He fractured his shoulder shortly after joining the Broncos and never took the field. Riddick caught more than 50 passes for four consecutive seasons in Detroit before leaving in free agency. DeAndre Washington left the Raiders this spring, vacating 41 targets out of the backfield. The Buzz around Las Vegas camp has been that Josh Jacobs would take on a larger role as a receiving threat but the move to sign Riddick puts that in doubt. Riddick, 29 years old, is unlikely to hold any fantasy value of his own but he could prevent Jacobs from catching more passes in 2020.

RELATED:
                      SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter
                      Aug 22, 2020, 8:58 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        THEO RIDDICKRB, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
                        Raiders signed RB Theo Riddick to a one-year contract.

Riddick lands in Las Vegas after an unsuccessful stint in Denver. He fractured his shoulder shortly after joining the Broncos and never took the field. Riddick caught more than 50 passes for four consecutive seasons in Detroit before leaving in free agency. DeAndre Washington left the Raiders this spring, vacating 41 targets out of the backfield. The Buzz around Las Vegas camp has been that Josh Jacobs would take on a larger role as a receiving threat but the move to sign Riddick puts that in doubt. Riddick, 29 years old, is unlikely to hold any fantasy value of his own but he could prevent Jacobs from catching more passes in 2020.

RELATED:
                        SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter
                        Aug 22, 2020, 8:58 PM
                        The chronicles continue.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Froot Loops will be pleased.

Comment

• LOGAN THOMASTE, WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM

The Washington Post reports seventh-year converted QB Logan Thomas is "emerging" as Washington's No. 1 tight end.

Thomas has been an annual offseason all star since first making the move to tight end in 2016, but he quietly caught 16 passes for 173 yards and a touchdown in the Lions' crowded 2019 tight end room. A mountainous 6-foot-6, 250 pounds, Thomas certainly has the size to create mismatches and serve as a red zone threat. With so few capable pass catchers in Washington, Thomas could end up with some TE2 streamer appeal if he actually emerges victorious as Washington's starter. He has practically zero competition, so it's a likely outcome.

SOURCE: Washington Post
                            Aug 24, 2020, 5:15 PM

Comment

• Bradley Chubb, Graham Glasgow leave practice with injuries

Posted by Charean Williams on August 29, 2020, 8:11 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Broncos saw starting right guard Graham Glasgow and starting outside linebacker Bradley Chubb leave Saturday’s practice with injuries, Aric DiLalla of the team website reports.

Chubb, who tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in Week Four last season, had his knee examined by trainers after they removed the brace.

“He just didn’t feel right out there,” coach Vic Fangio said.

Chubb stood on the sideline with ice wrapped to his knee.

“It’s tough, but I don’t think it’s a serious injury,” linebacker Von Miller said. “We talked on the sideline and stuff. It’s just precautionary. Now is not the time for pushing it and going all out. We didn’t have a lot of time to go through our full routine [this offseason]. I was telling him, we’re Ferraris. [With] Ferraris sometimes, the check engine light comes on. That doesn’t mean the car is broken or anything like that. We’ve just got to get back in the lab, figure out what’s going on and get back at it.

“Bradley’s good. He was kind of disappointed not to be out there at the scrimmage, but that’s part of it. He’s still working his way back, and he’ll be ready to go for the first game. I’ve got all the faith.”

Glasgow “tweaked” his ankle early in practice, according to Fangio, and further examination will determine the severity.

Comment

Working...
                              X