No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe he doesn't trust what doctors tell people to put in their bodies. I'm all for people making their own choices for their families whether its pro or against.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Maybe he doesn't trust what doctors tell people to put in their bodies. I'm all for people making their own choices for their families whether its pro or against.
      But, he trusts the tattoo guy. Okay. That's just weird. My sister is the same. I told her the same thing. Weirdos.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• All of this (in sports, but NFL specifically) is going to come to a head when some non-vac-er gets COVID and his absence costs his team a playoff berth.

Catching COVID last year was met with sympathy, but now with the vaccine available and half the country being vaccinated, I can see the fans, and maybe some teammates, turning on guys who steadfastly don't want to get it and end up sick. I think eventually, they are going to look at COVID as a non-FB related injury/illness and void player's contracts over it. EVENTUALLY
        Last edited by Futureshock; May 27, 2021, 07:28 AM.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Darius Slay giving DeVonta Smith “little tips” on how to attack corners

Posted by Myles Simmons on May 27, 2021, 9:40 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Eagles may have drafted receiver Devonta Smith with the 10th pick, but he still has plenty to learn.

Cornerback Darius Slay is helping the rookie speed up the process.

Slay has been working with Smith after the Eagles OTA practices to help advance his game. Slay told reporters on Wednesday that they’ve discussed technique and what the veteran corner has learned from facing receivers over the years.

“I’m one of the premier corners in this game, been for a long time, I just want to give him little tips,” Slay said, via Dave Zangaro of NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com. “I want him to be the best he can possibly be, him and [receiver Greg Ward]. Anything they ask me, I’ll never hide information from them. My goal is to get them better and my goal is to get me better.

“We’re out there talking good ball, man, just trying to find a way to get each other better and be great for this Eagles team. He’s got a lot of upside, man. I’m looking forward to seeing both of them this year doing dangerous things. I’m very excited.”

Smith gave plenty of college cornerbacks fits, particularly in 2020 when he caught 117 passes for 1,856 yards and 23 touchdowns, winning the Heisman Trophy. Smith would likely be dangerous as a pro regardless, but Slay’s tutelage could make Smith even better prepared for competition in Week One.

Comment

• It's going to be a total blast being vaccinated and not having to wear a mask anywhere, while the loser anti-vax types will whine and complain about their "freedom" being taken while they still have to be masked up. Fun times.

You just can't reason with some people and hopefully they die sooner than later. We really need to thin out the gene pool in this country.

Comment

• The anti-vaxers will NOT be masked up. Basically like they haven't been during this whole thing. We are almost at the finish line.... and they are, like Kimmel said the other night.... they are the people who disappear to the restroom when the bill comes - after stuffing their face will shrimp for the last hour. That's who they are.

And to think, in WW2 people gave up use of metals, etc. willingly in order to do their part for the greater good. Now half the country is Marjorie Traitor Greene's.
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Ya, it really is something else. I'm a history guy, so we're going to look back and talk about how wearing a little piece of fabric was really all people had to do to try and beat this virus.

I heard that it was Trump's initial plan to send a mask to every American. Remember when we all got those postcards mailed to us during the initial 14 day shutdown? Those were supposed to be masks. For whatever reason, the orange turd turned it political and......

Comment

• BTW, I'm all for masks. It's amazing how many ugly people are out there. I'm at work and have to do these zoom meetings and I see people without a mask for the first time. They would be better off keeping them on.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    BTW, I'm all for masks. It's amazing how many ugly people are out there. I'm at work and have to do these zoom meetings and I see people without a mask for the first time. They would be better off keeping them on.
                    You won the internet today King!
                    Lol Laughing GIF by MOODMAN

Dam mit. I went to Walmart on my lunch yesterday and i said that very same thing about a couple of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

You won the internet today King!
                      Lol Laughing GIF by MOODMAN

Dam mit. I went to Walmart on my lunch yesterday and i said that very same thing about a couple of people.
                      Oddly enough its the people that probably should be hiding their face that throwing the biggest fits about wearing them.
                      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Take it to the Covid thread please.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
                            Bwahhahahahahaha
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think it’s cool for coaches to get another chance. Just because it didn’t work out in Detroit doesn’t mean someone can’t be successful somewhere else. My this is that Patricia didn’t seem to have any leadership capabilities and his defense was a dumpster fire.

I don’t see any redeeming qualities.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Could Matt Patricia be the heir to Bill Belichick, as the coach or G.M. or both?

Posted by Mike Florio on May 30, 2021, 10:08 AM EDT

Getty Images

Former Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia has returned to the team in a role with a different title and far different duties. The Schrutian “special assistant to the head coach” is indeed assisting head coach Bill Belichick, in many different ways. The situation invites reasonable speculation as to whether this could lead to Patricia getting his next shot as a head coach not with some other team but when New England’s current head coach stops coaching.

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe takes a comprehensive look at Patricia’s current duties. He has signed every free-agent contract on behalf of the team this year, and he has served as the primary “sounding board” for Belichick on matters like the decision to select quarterback Mac Jones with the fifteenth overall pick in the 2021 draft.

Volin notes that Patricia also shows up on the practice field. On Thursday, he stood “shoulder-to-shoulder” with Belichick for the opening thirty minutes of OTA practice. Patricia then spent time showing technique to defensive linemen and observing defensive drills.

While folks like Dave Ziegler and Eliot Wolf have absorbed some of the many duties previously performed by Nick Caserio, who is now the G.M. of the Texans, Patricia has gotten the bulk of the responsibilities.

Regardless of whether and to what extent Patricia’s current duties may lead to a bigger role in the post-Belichick Patriots, Patricia has landed in an ideal spot to expand his experience and knowledge of a modern (and elite) football operation. As Peter King previously has noted on PFT Live, the Rams came away from their head-coaching interview with Patricia in 2017 thinking that he eventually could become a great General Manager.

Maybe he’ll do that. Or maybe he’ll become a head coach again. Or both. The real question is whether he’s willing to wait for Belichick, who turned 69 last week, to move on — and whether Patricia believes he’d win the ensuing scrum with Josh McDaniels and the pair of Belichick sons currently working for the team.

Don’t underestimate Patricia’s chances. He has long been regarded as brilliant within the Patriots organization. Despite his inability to transplant the Patriot Way to a midwestern organization that has largely lost its way for the past six decades years, the 46-year-old Patricia ultimately could be the ideal choice to continue things the way they started when Belichick arrived in 2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X