X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wingdog View Post
    does he want to play tackle or end?
    Yes.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by wingdog View Post
      does he want to play tackle or end?
      I was wondering the same thing. 275 lbs? That's getting pretty light for a DT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        Nick Fairley: Definition of contract year player.
        I'm reminded of Suh bouncing off his belly and landing on the ground. I doubt he has trimmed down for good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Growler View Post
          I was wondering the same thing. 275 lbs? That's getting pretty light for a DT.
          He was supposed to be an NFL DE, no?
          Last edited by Panoptes; June 7, 2015, 09:48 AM.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            He was supposed to be an NFL DE, no?
            No.

Comment

• It was suppose to be this (sorry for the poor quality):

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQZ6cAgot6s"]Nick Fairley Detroit Lions - YouTube[/ame]
              Though a lot of Lions fans didn't like it.

Skip Bayless - Nick Fairley being selected by the Lions is "an all time steal."
              Not saying I value anything from ESPN First Take, but that is what a lot of the national media thought from what I remember.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Really if Fairley was able to keep himself conditioned, healthy, and motivated... he would have been great.

With that said, it's kind of unfair to say that because you can say that about A LOT of players that underachieved.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He's the perfect sized NFL DE now. Perfect.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• How long can he keep that size and motivation?

Edit: Answer: Until a new contract is signed.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Does a stadium count as a former Lion?

In any case - a sad state of affairs.

Here's What Happens When A BMX Rider Is Let Loose In An Abandoned Football Stadium
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• C.J. Mosley makes up his mind, chooses to sign with the Dolphins

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 10, 2015, 1:42 PM EDT
                        AP Apparently C.J. Mosley didn’t need long to think about it.
                        The veteran defensive tackle has [ame="https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/608688205697851392"]agreed to a one-year deal[/ame] with the Dolphins, according to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.
                        The move reunites Mosley with his higher-paid former Lions teammate Ndamukong Suh, and gives the Dolphins a very deep defensive interior.
                        In addition to Suh and Earl Mitchell, the Dolphins have second-rounder Jordan Phillips and Uber-driver A.J. Francis, among others.
                        Mosley had given some thought to returning to Detroit, but since practically the entire line from last year left, he wasn’t the only one looking for a fresh start.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Rams are concerned Nick Fairley isn’t heavy enough

Posted by Mike Florio on June 10, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
                          Getty Images For most of his NFL career, defensive tackle Nick Fairley has dealt with criticism that he’s too heavy. Now, his current head coach worries that Fairley isn’t heavy enough.
                          “I was actually concerned about Nick’s weight being on the low side,” coach Jeff Fisher told reporters on Tuesday, via a transcript circulated by the team. “Nick’s changed his lifestyle, changed his diet. We’re trying to get some weight back on him right now and he’s done it. He’s worked hard the last couple of weeks. He’s doing fine. His conditioning level is fine. If he’s going to compete with our guys up front he’s going to have to run and he knows that.”
                          A first-round pick in 2011, Fairley signed a one-year deal with the Rams in the hopes of securing a long-term contract in St. Louis or elsewhere. Regardless of size, he needs to perform well enough to earn playing time among a very good defensive line — and he needs to perform once he’s on the field.
                          Fairley is listed at 308 pounds, but he arrived in St. Louis weighing a mere 280.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Imagine if he actually added weight due to muscle... What wonders that would be for Fairley.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Well, he gained 5 lbs back between going to that charity game and going to OTAs. SO...

Comment

Working...
                              X