Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. Dam. Lions luck.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Corey Wootton announces his retirement after six seasons

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 26, 2016, 9:33 AM EDT
      Getty ImagesWith teams reporting to training camp, the veterans who didn’t get one of the 32 times 90 invitations (that’s 2,880, #math) often start realizing things about their future.
      And the latest to retire instead of continuing to pursue football employment is journeyman defensive end Corey Wootton, per his own social media.
      Wootton signed with the Lions last year, but didn’t play a down in the regular season after tearing a pectoral muscle in the preseason finale, putting him on IR.
      He was originally drafted by Chicago and also spent time with the Vikings, amassing 12.0 sacks in his five years on the field, with 7.0 of them coming in 2012 with the Bears.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• USA rugby player, former Lions WR Carlin Isles open to another NFL shot

Jul 19, 2016
        • Michael RothsteinESPN Staff Writer
        Carlin Isles is trying to win a gold medal in rugby for the United States next month in Rio. After that, he is open to many things -- including potentially giving the NFL another shot.
        Isles, known as the fastest man in rugby, was briefly with the Detroit Lions on the team’s practice squad at the end of the 2013 season. He had signed a futures contract with Detroit after the season but left before the start of offseason workouts to focus on rugby.
        “[The NFL] still lingers in my mind,” Isles told ESPN after this week’s Olympic team announcement. “But I don’t even know what I’m going to do. I plan on still doing maybe two more Olympics, still do track and maybe do football a little bit.”
        Former Detroit Lions player Carlin Isles, who made the U.S. Olympic team, might give the NFL another chance after the Rio Games. AP Photo/Kin CheungThe 26-year-old Isles said having a possible opportunity to make a team’s 53-man roster or even their practice squad would be enough to convince him to potentially give the NFL another try. He said he wouldn’t rule out even trying to make a team this year after the conclusion of the Olympics.
        A good showing in rugby sevens at the Olympics could help propel him to that.
        “It would only help me. It wouldn’t hurt me, a good Olympic showing,” Isles said. “I pray that when I get there, I can do what God allows me to do and take it from there. I’m sure a good Olympic showing would only be beneficial.”
        Isles said he found out he made the United States rugby team on Friday -- something he called "surreal" -- but couldn’t tell anyone until after the official announcement Monday morning. It led to a weekend of deflecting questions, even though he knew he had accomplished something he had worked at for years.
        And actually, Isles’ brief foray into the NFL helped crystallize his first major sports goal.
        “It just helped me, just my purpose, you know,” Isles said. “Basically what I was meant to do and what was my real goal and what was I really chasing, what I was after.
        “It just put things into perspective as far as purpose-wise in my life.”

Comment

• Reggie Bush: I’ll return kicks and do whatever the Bills want me to do

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 1, 2016, 7:18 PM EDT
          Getty ImagesIn 2014 with the Lions, Reggie Bush said he saw himself as an offensive playmaker only, stating, “I’d like to think I graduated from returning kicks and punts.”
          Two years and two teams later, Bush is happy to help out on special teams if that’s what he needs to do to earn an NFL job.
          Bush said after signing in Buffalo today that he and the Bills’ coaches are on the same page: Bush will return punts and kickoffs, line up as a slot receiver or play running back. Whatever the Bills want from him, he’ll do.
          “I’m 100 percent ready for any and everything, and the coaching staff and I have expressed the same things in that respect. I’m definitely back to returning punts, and kicks if they need me to, and whatever it is that they need me to do. I’m ready to just go back there and be a factor in whatever way possible,” Bush said.
          That’s the right approach: At age 31 and coming off a season-ending knee injury with the 49ers last year, Bush needs to prove he’s still able to make plays. And the way to do that is to try to make as many plays as he can, in any way he can.

Comment

• Lance Moore working out for Chargers as well

Posted by Josh Alper on August 2, 2016, 1:50 PM EDT
            Getty ImagesIt’s a big day for veteran free agent wide receivers in San Diego.
            The Chargers are taking a look at wideout options Tuesday with Stevie Johnson sidelined by a torn meniscus and we learned earlier in the day that James Jones and Brian Hartline would be at the team’s facility. Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that Lance Moore will also be trying for a job.
            Moore played 14 games for the Lions last year and caught 29 passes for 337 yards and four touchdowns. He had 14 catches in 14 games for the Steelers in 2014 and spent the first nine years of his career with the Saints, where he won a Super Bowl ring as a frequent target for Drew Brees‘ passes.
            We’ll see if there are any more names to add to the list, but San Diego probably won’t be a bad place to look should Chad Johnson fail to turn up at Browns practice again this week.

Comment

• Cowboys could pursue Foles after Kellen Moore suffers broken ankle

Posted by Zac Jackson on August 2, 2016, 9:14 PM EDT
              ARLINGTON, TX - JANUARY 03

Cowboys backup quarterback Kellen Moore was carted off the practice field Tuesday, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed that Moore suffered a broken right ankle.

Rest Here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/02/cowboys-could-pursue-foles-after-kellen-moore-suffers-broken-ankle/
              AAL Quintez Cephus
              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Sounds like noodle arm still has some Lion in him.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  There was nothing wrong with the Steve Owens pick

Injuries or no injuries, he was a 3 yard a carry guy.

Comment

• Never really thought Moore was anything to the Lions but just the fact that Ovlosky has a job is beyond belief especially with the lions.

But a bad break and pun for Moore, i dont think his clout from Boise State will help his career with so many has beens looking for a job.
                    Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Some times you just can't take the Lion out of the player.

Greg Auman Verified account ‏@gregauman

Bucs announce that DE George Johnson, who went down in Thursday's practice, is done for season and going on injured reserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ken View Post
                        Never really thought Moore was anything to the Lions but just the fact that Ovlosky has a job is beyond belief especially with the lions.

But a bad break and pun for Moore, i dont think his clout from Boise State will help his career with so many has beens looking for a job.
                        I am surprised that the Cowboys kept him as well. Listening to NFLN, when they were talking about their options and talking they were really down on him. At one point calling him one of the worst at the position when discussing whether they should just keep the new guy as the backup. Basically saying hey if you were fine with Kellen Moore than you might as well play your Rookie QB because it's not like he could be worse than Kellen.

So the AMP's of the world. I get wanting to find a better QB. Kellen wasn't it and we should relieved he never saw the field here.
                        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Cowgirls thought enough to tell Foles no then offer a bouquet and Chiefs gave Jerry the finger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• NFL
                            Browns name RG3 starting QB
                            Robert Griffin III was named the Cleveland Brown’s starting quarterback by coach Hue Jackson on Monday.
                            The announcement was expected after RG3 signed a two-year, $15-million free-agent contract during the off-season following his release by Washington.

Griffin beat out ex-Lion Josh McCown.

Comment

• The shiniest turd in the bowl there.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                NFL
                                Browns name RG3 starting QB
                                Robert Griffin III was named the Cleveland Brown?s starting quarterback by coach Hue Jackson on Monday.
                                The announcement was expected after RG3 signed a two-year, $15-million free-agent contract during the off-season following his release by Washington.

Griffin beat out ex-Lion Josh McCown.
                                Wow, tough competition.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X