No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pony show. Hue Jackson is hitching his wagon to RGme in the hopes he can rejuvenate him and make him a franchise QB. Good luck with that one Huey.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      Pony show. Hue Jackson is hitching his wagon to RGme in the hopes he can rejuvenate him and make him a franchise QB. Good luck with that one Huey.
      Well, Johnny Football did not work out.

RGIII lost his ability to scramble and this means he is toast.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Aaron Gibson was the biggest Lions 1st round bust. Literally.

Comment

• My favorite Aaron Gibson moment was when he injured himself sneezing.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            Well, Johnny Football did not work out.

RGIII lost his ability to scramble and this means he is toast.
            Yup. But good ol Huey will try to make that stain show work. The Browns had an opportunity to get a franchise QB but tried to be the smartest guys in the room. They got a lot of picks, but IDK if they got quality.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
              Aaron Gibson was the biggest Lions 1st round bust. Literally.

If talking mass only iI would have to agree. However Big Mike Williams might give him a run in the body fat %
              Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Schwartz already "got his revenge" a couple years ago getting carried off the field on his players' shoulders. Although, who is he "getting his revenge" on at this point? New ownership, new GM, new President. None of those people had a hand in his hiring or dismissal.

I guess you could argue Tulloch might want to get back at the delay in his release, but that might have been as much on his end as it was on the Lions.

Anyway, they'd better roll over the Eagles.

Stephen Tulloch is joining forces with Jim Schwartz once again.

The former Detroit Lions linebacker has landed a deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, according to ESPN. That means he'll be reuniting with Schwartz, who is entering his first season as the Eagles' defensive coordinator.

Schwartz was Tennessee's defensive coordinator when the Titans drafted Tulloch out of N.C. State in the fourth round of the 2005 draft. Two years after getting the Lions' head job in 2009, Schwartz convinced Tulloch to follow him to Detroit.

Schwartz was fired after the 2013 season, and Tulloch was let go by new GM Bob Quinn this offseason -- though that parting was a messy one.

The Lions originally told Tulloch in February he would be cut, and re-signed Tahir Whitehead to take his place. But they didn't actually make the move official until July 5 -- at which point, most teams had filled their needs at the position, which left Tulloch in limbo.

After a few more weeks of waiting, though, he finally has a new home. His one-year deal with the Eagles is worth $3 million, of which $1.7 million is guaranteed, according to ProFootballTalk. He was originally scheduled to make $5.5 million in Detroit.

Both Tulloch and Schwartz will have a chance to make Detroit pay for letting them go. The Eagles visit Ford Field for a game on Oct. 9.
                The former Detroit Lions linebacker has landed a deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, according to ESPN. That means he'll be reuniting with Schwartz, who is entering his first season as the Eagles' defensive coordinator.
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lem B View Post
                  Yeah, yeah I know many are before 2000, but since I've been following the Lions, the worst 1st round draft picks have been:

1970-Steve Owens
                  1973-Ernie Price
                  1981-Mark Nichols
                  1986-Chuck Long
                  1990-Andre Ware
                  1991-Chris Claiborne
                  2002-Joey
                  2004-Roy
                  2005-Mike Williams
                  No love for Reggie Rogers?

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                    Schwartz already "got his revenge" a couple years ago getting carried off the field on his players' shoulders. Although, who is he "getting his revenge" on at this point? New ownership, new GM, new President. None of those people had a hand in his hiring or dismissal.
                    You don't think that asshole Jim Schwartz (with that said, I love the Schwartz) hasn't been plotting his 2nd act of revenge all offseason?
                    This time, Schwartz will have his players light fireworks on the sidelines after they beat the Lions...
                    Better idea: Schwartz will literally piss on the Lions logo at midfield and flip off the owners press box. But knowing Schwartz, he would make his d-line join him too.
                    (Just brainstorming ridiculous celebrations Schwartz would do).
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      You don't think that asshole Jim Schwartz (with that said, I love the Schwartz) hasn't been plotting his 2nd act of revenge all offseason?
                      This time, Schwartz will have his players light fireworks on the sidelines after they beat the Lions...
                      Better idea: Schwartz will literally piss on the Lions logo at midfield and flip off the owners press box. But knowing Schwartz, he would make his d-line join him too.
                      (Just brainstorming ridiculous celebrations Schwartz would do).
                      He could chase down Mrs. Ford to shake her hand.....
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I don't know. Her golf cart probably moves pretty fast.
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Eagles LB Stephen Tulloch says he’s ready to do whatever he’s asked in Jim Schwartz’s defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                            Eagles LB Stephen Tulloch says he?s ready to do whatever he?s asked in Jim Schwartz?s defense.

Just don't do the leaping discount doublecheck after a sack.....

Comment

• Ndamukong Suh injures ankle

Posted by Mike Florio on August 25, 2016, 8:57 PM EDT
                              APThe Falcons aren’t the only team sweating out an injury to a starting defensive player on Thursday night in Orlando. Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh suffered an ankle injury, too.
                              Suh is being evaluated in the locker room. Like Neal, Suh is questionable to return. Since it’s a preseason game, “questionable” is a lot closer to “[ame="https://youtu.be/3u5ua7uL4aY?t=46s"]no freaking way[/ame].”
                              The Falcons lead the Dolphins, 7-0. I felt compelled to list the score, even though the score doesn’t matter. The injuries do.

Comment

• Suh mum on his injured ankle

Posted by Mike Florio on August 29, 2016, 1:37 PM EDT
                                Getty ImagesOn Thursday night in Orlando, Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh suffered an ankle injury. On Monday, he had an opportunity to provide an update regarding his condition.
                                Asked about the severity of the injury, Suh said, “You’ll have to ask coach.”
                                Asked whether it’s affecting him at all, he provided a two-word version of the same answer: “Ask coach.”
                                Teams aren’t required to disclose injury information in the preseason, and players never are. For Miami, the first obligation comes in advance of the Week One game at Seattle.
                                Sometimes, a team’s approach to injury information creates conflict with the players, who would prefer that fans and media would be aware of an excuse for poor performance. Teams prefer to keep the target off the injured area and otherwise to keep the opponent in the dark, as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X